Dan Fouts on Bradford's future.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not worried about Bradford's knee. I am worried however how Sam will favor that knee thus leading him to injure something else or just be timid. Of course none of that will be known until he plays
I'm a huge fan of drafting Sam and still think he is our best option. But I am definitely worried about his knee as well as his psychy. his ability to grow, his mindset toward what he can do, etc. We have to do something to move on beyond Sam in the event that he doesn't either stay healthy or take that next step. While I believe he will progress, he hasn't really done enough to be completely reassuring in that regard.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm a huge fan of drafting Sam and still think he is our best option. But I am definitely worried about his knee as well as his psychy. his ability to grow, his mindset toward what he can do, etc. We have to do something to move on beyond Sam in the event that he doesn't either stay healthy or take that next step. While I believe he will progress, he hasn't really done enough to be completely reassuring in that regard.

Agreed.

That's the frustrating part. Thanks to the time he's missed, I still don't know what he really is today. Is he just a game manager? Or is he franchise QB who was simply in need of weapons?:unsure:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed.

That's the frustrating part. Thanks to the time he's missed, I still don't know what he really is today. Is he just a game manager? Or is he franchise QB who was simply in need of weapons?:unsure:

I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm not worried about Bradford's knee. I am worried however how Sam will favor that knee thus leading him to injure something else or just be timid. Of course none of that will be known until he plays

I know SB has the arm and experience to be the guy but I just don't trust that knee. He was hardly tapped and it blew out on him again. It's not going to be more durable now after another surgery IMO.

My wife has been a physical therapist for over 36 years and has rehabbed tons of ACL and MCL injuries. I ran Sam Bradford's knee injury history by her, and how it happened, and asked her about the possibility of him being able to play again. She said it's possible but rare that there won't be a recurrence.

I tore the same achilles tendon twice before I was 18 playing soccer and never had that problem again, so anything's possible. Here's hoping that SB can recover and stay healthy.

Athos

Legend
I tore the same achilles tendon twice before I was 18 playing soccer and never had that problem again, so anything's possible. Here's hoping that SB can recover and stay healthy.

heh. I had one knee dislocation in German 1 in HS. That snowballed into 3 more on the opposite knee. Knee problems are tricky as shit and vary wildly person to person.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
heh. I had one knee dislocation in German 1 in HS. That snowballed into 3 more on the opposite knee. Knee problems are tricky as crap and vary wildly person to person.

That's a fact. It's a roll of the dice with anyone especially an athlete who will be straining those knees to the maximum. Of course they get the very best care and are younger and in great shape so there's that.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
He won't be ready by OTA's. I'm actually wondering if we'll see Shaun Hill or someone else starting the first few weeks. I'd truthfully be shocked if he was ready to play by OTA's, maybe some limited throwing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I broke my high ankle(lower leg technically) playing basketball when i was about 21 yrs old. I re-injured it a few years later(strained) but it never affected my rare but impressive white man 36.5" vertical :)

Age is the only thing that took that away. Now i'm just another old, mortal white guy athletically.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
heh. I had one knee dislocation in German 1 in HS. That snowballed into 3 more on the opposite knee. Knee problems are tricky as crap and vary wildly person to person.
How do you dislocate a knee while taking German 1? Were you trying to pronounce RindfleischetikettierungsĂĽberwachungsaufgabenĂĽbertragungsgesetz and got winded?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How do you dislocate a knee while taking German 1? Were you trying to pronounce RindfleischetikettierungsĂĽberwachungsaufgabenĂĽbertragungsgesetz and got winded?
Boy you really ARE getting into this whole labeling thing!

desertdawg

UDFA
I'm still surprised you guys haven't gotten RG111 from the redskins yet, for something like a 7th rounder and a snickers bar. That was one of the best robberies I have ever seen, and I watch a lot of Robert De niro movies.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm still surprised you guys haven't gotten RG111 from the redskins yet, for something like a 7th rounder and a snickers bar. That was one of the best robberies I have ever seen, and I watch a lot of Robert De niro movies.
Quite a few of us would feel ripped off and want the Snickers bar back.

Dude is all sizzle, no steak.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Whats up dawg? Good to see you visiting. What's the mood like over at your board this week? I haven't checked in since Sunday or Monday.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Don't u want to see him play first? I would just restructure this year
I think most have suggested a win/win with incentives being a big part of the extension while living up to the contract. He was working for the Rams when he got injured after all. Anyway, that would qualify as good faith AND likely make negotiations work more smoothly.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No doubt. Sure wish you could count on his talent showing up otherwise, as Boffo said, I'd want my Snickers bar back.

desertdawg

UDFA
Whats up dawg? Good to see you visiting. What's the mood like over at your board this week? I haven't checked in since Sunday or Monday.
Chillin bruddah man. I'm sorta banned on the ASFN site for a minute, again. So I'm rocking the mic from the official forum/site right now. It's funny, I've never been banned on an opponents forum/site, but I get pulled over in my own hood all the time.