Dan Fouts on Bradford's future.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Chillin bruddah man. I'm sorta banned on the ASFN site for a minute, again. So I'm rocking the mic from the official forum/site right now. It's funny, I've never been banned on an opponents forum/site, but I get pulled over in my own hood all the time.
Lol

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I kinda wish he would have taken the time to evaluate Bradford the QB in addition to Bradford the contract. But yeah, this is what a majority of Rams fans think as well. I'm 100% on board with Bradford playing next year, but I do want a contingency behind *Hill*. Because, let's face it, we're not going to get a rookie in the draft to come in and click with these receivers while simultaneously absorbing the entire playbook to the point of perfect execution.
After seeing how wrong Jaworski was about Kaepernick,There is a sense of hesitancy on my part in believing what is said by the commentators because it seems more and more they are caught up the media gossip hyperbole.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I expect to see a contract extension provided they can change the terms of his current agreement (less guaranteed) and he looks like he is 100% in OTAs.

Why would you extend a guy who, dating back to his last year in college, has only started and finished two of his last six seasons?

Forget looking 100% during non contact drills. He's got to prove he can play 16 games.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I kinda wish he would have taken the time to evaluate Bradford the QB in addition to Bradford the contract. But yeah, this is what a majority of Rams fans think as well. I'm 100% on board with Bradford playing next year, but I do want a contingency behind *Hill*. Because, let's face it, we're not going to get a rookie in the draft to come in and click with these receivers while simultaneously absorbing the entire playbook to the point of perfect execution.
Yes, and we are a playoff team now, which is why this is a good plan. I'd start Hill then work the rookie in, if he can beat out Hill, he can't beat him out, but he can still develop. Now, if Bradford is healthy, basically same plan, but I'd start Bradford, or if not healthy, let him get healthy if he's close, start Hill, let rookie learn.

I checked out Grayson last night, and although impressed with his arm, I saw a lot of things that I don't like. Not really very impressed with Mannion either, weak arm, not decisive enough.

I'm kind of working my way from 4th to 5th rounders up. Guys that would be available to us. It's not looking like a very good class, at all....Connor Cook would make it a little stronger...not holding my breath.

Big Willie

Starter
Why would you extend a guy who, dating back to his last year in college, has only started and finished two of his last six seasons?

Forget looking 100% during non contact drills. He's got to prove he can play 16 games.
Because...you might get him cheaply. If you extend his contact and limit the amount of guaranteed money, you can potentially get a second year without any risk. For example: a two year deal with guaranteed money the first year, but not the second one. If he gets hurt the first year, you are not obligated to bring him back. I said extend....I didn't say for a whole bunch of years...through 2016 only.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Why would you draft a player? Everything has a certain amount of risk involved. There will be a calculated risk/reward offer if they go the extension route. But if the management thinks Sam is the best option and has a good chance of being healthy, they'd probably be smart to work something out in the form of an extension.

fancents86

Starter
I'd do some kind of trade with the Bucs to get Glennon. I'm guessing Stacey would be the only trade bait even though they are pretty decent at that position and id hate to lose Stacey. Then either keep Hill or Davis. I'd say Davis since he has youth on his side and can always improve. So Bradford, Glennon and Davis. I'd feel pretty comfy with that line up.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Why would you draft a player?

For any number of reasons. Is that the same scenario as this, I don't see how.

No, I don't see what's so smart about offering Bradford anything beyond 2015.

Why can't they deal with him the same way SF dealt with Alex Smith. One year prove it deal. It works.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm with @Memphis Ram on the Schottenheimer topic. He isn't known to be able to work well with young QBs and bring them along quickly and successfully, like some coaches (*cough* Martz). Unfortunately this means that the best plan going forward is to rely on Sam and Sean. Because of that I am not going to be able to get excited about anything other than the defense for next year. I think Sam will be so scared of his knee getting re injured that it will affect him on every play. I like Hill but his age worries me and not having a good backup behind him (I consider Hill the starter because I don't think Sam will last) is scary. What rookie could the Rams bring in that could be capable of running Schottenheimers offense in one season? It took Bradford more than a year to learn it. They better find a sleeper with a great capacity for learning. I wish they had drafted Garapolo. I think they missed the boat on him last year. Maybe if they fix the Oline they can keep Sam and Hill upright for a whole season, or at least one of them until the end of the season.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
OK so I've read everyone's comments. It's all good stuff. To be honest I would like to see them go with Bradford if his rehab turns out to be complete. But I actually am not happy with Hill as the #2 plan. I really like Hill for what he has done so far, but he's not quite good enough to get us to, and through the playoffs next year. So regrettably I would like Hill to be the #3 QB next year, with a FA of some kind that is younger and more mobile as the number #2. Someone like a Hoyer or Foles. Yes, go with Sam Bradford, but the "plan B" needs to be legit and for real ... not Hill.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'd say Davis since he has youth on his side and can always improve. So Bradford, Glennon and Davis. I'd feel pretty comfy with that line up.
Not trying to start a fight but ... I don't think Davis will ever improve much more than what he's already shown.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure have to hope - eh?

Yes. We thought they would draft someone better Gilbert this season but they thought differently.

Hill is a good stop gap but they need someone to take over if it all goes pear shaped again.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I know I have already said it but I still want to see what Keenum has before making any QB move

Penguin.

Rookie
This is really tough. I love Bradford, but right now this team is hitting their prime. I know they are young, but we have so much talent that won't be here in a couple years. We can't keep all these stars. Kind of like Seattle. Some of the underappreciated people will be getting bigger deals and it is real sad.

I just want to win now.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Chillin bruddah man. I'm sorta banned on the ASFN site for a minute, again. So I'm rocking the mic from the official forum/site right now. It's funny, I've never been banned on an opponents forum/site, but I get pulled over in my own hood all the time.
Maybe your rooting for the wrong team.

RamsesIII

UDFA
My wife has been a physical therapist for over 36 years and has rehabbed tons of ACL and MCL injuries. I ran Sam Bradford's knee injury history by her, and how it happened, and asked her about the possibility of him being able to play again. She said it's possible but rare that there won't be a recurrence.

I tore the same achilles tendon twice before I was 18 playing soccer and never had that problem again, so anything's possible. Here's hoping that SB can recover and stay healthy.

We had a great quarterback here in Norman who went down with a major shoulder injury, had surgery on it & came back the next year. He was playing lights out the next year, then same thing happened, same shoulder. Few people thought he could come back from that. He rehabbed big time, and went to the pro's. Five years now, no problem with the shoulder. I hope Bradford follows that scenario... again.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We had a great quarterback here in Norman who went down with a major shoulder injury, had surgery on it & came back the next year. He was playing lights out the next year, then same thing happened, same shoulder. Few people thought he could come back from that. He rehabbed big time, and went to the pro's. Five years now, no problem with the shoulder. I hope Bradford follows that scenario... again.

Shoulders/ knees = Apples/oranges