Crabtree Is A Sore Loser.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
That's the problem. It's cool to do it to a teammate or during the game if a guy on the opposing team makes a good play. But he wasn't doing it as a congratulatory gesture. It was an insincere gesture meant to be condescending towards Crabtree. Just a jerk move. And you're absolutely right. He was acting like a spurned teenager.

I really don't think he meant it in a condescending manner. I really think Sherman actually meant it in a sportsmenship type of way.. He was so wrapped up in his own experience he didn't stop to think what Crabapple was going through.

ramfidelis

UDFA
Hmm? Did no one else notice Sherman giving Crabtree a choking gesture with his hands under his chin? That was pretty classless.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't think he meant it in a condescending manner. I really think Sherman actually meant it in a sportsmenship type of way.. He was so wrapped up in his own experience he didn't stop to think what Crabapple was going through.

Nah, I don't agree in the least. The guy then started walking towards other 49ers and doing a choke symbol then went on TV and trashed the guy. It was entirely condescending from my perspective.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
No, it's childhood regression. He wasn't consciously aware of it being one-upmanship. He was basically acting from his limbic brain. His fight or flight instincts took complete control of his actions.
You know what I say to that? Grow up, Sherman.

An adult understands that his actions have consequences. Such as the PR nightmare Sherman created.

IMO, Sherman doesn't see anything that doesn't happen on the football field as important to his life. Well, he will now.

jjab360

Legend
You know what I say to that? Grow up, Sherman.

An adult understands that his actions have consequences. Such as the PR nightmare Sherman created.

IMO, Sherman doesn't see anything that doesn't happen on the football field as important to his life. Well, he will now.
PR nightmare? Lol, this is exactly what Sherman wanted to happen. He wants to be painted as the bad guy that nobody respects, in his mind that's what gives him the motivation to keep going. Besides, I don't see how becoming practically a cultural phenomenon can be considered bad press.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The only thing i know is that there is a TON of damage control PR being created to restore Shermans character the last couple days.
I live in the Seattle area. They interviewed his mother, not the most objective person on the planet.

Whether Sherman considers this a PR nightmare is irrelevant. A LOT of other people are concerned enough to believe that it is.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nah, I don't agree in the least. The guy then started walking towards other 49ers and doing a choke symbol then went on TV and trashed the guy. It was entirely condescending from my perspective.

He did the choking symbol AFTER his childhood regression. Basically he was triggered.

iced

Maybe you missed him smacking Crabtree on his behind? Or maybe you missed him doing the choking sign towards other SF players immediately afterwards? There was nothing sincere about that gesture.
just like maybe you missed crabtree talking previously.. or the smack talking that went on all game..

better believe if i'm a corner and you're a divisional rival WR who's been running his mouth - expect to get it back in return

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just like maybe you missed crabtree talking previously.. or the smack talking that went on all game..

better believe if i'm a corner and you're a divisional rival WR who's been running his mouth - expect to get it back in return

I didn't. There's plenty of time for that during the game. That's when you do it. But once the game is wrapped up. Win with class. Well, that's how I was raised. I guess some may not have had parents that felt the same way(and that's fine if those people didn't) but it's also how I feel. If you want to trash talk while it's still a game, that's fine. It's competitive and there's nothing wrong with a little bit of trash talking. But once the game is over...or the win is wrapped up, be respectful and be gracious. Treat your opponent how you'd want to be treated if you were going to have to swallow the loss.

I think people have some misconception that I'm defending Crabtree. I don't give a rat's behind about Crabtree. I'm condemning Sherman's actions. He's a grown man and he was aware of what he was doing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess people missed where he said "...but I'm the best corner in the game" at the end of that "sincere gesture." C'mon... you can't think Sherman found some class and then lost it two minutes later in the post game interview. He was clearly taunting Crabtree.

Not that I mind....

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I hope Welker does the Talib on Sherman.

Craby Appleton Tree BTW was a problem child for the 9rs early in his career ,he's a cry baby and Sherman is a jerk so IMO they deserve each other I'd rather we had CB's with the class of Aeneas Williams and Wrs with the class of Isaac Bruce, cheap shots physically and verbally just make you a target and BTW what ever happened to a little role model scrutiny from some quarters

iced

I didn't. There's plenty of time for that during the game. That's when you do it. But once the game is wrapped up. Win with class. Well, that's how I was raised. I guess some may not have had parents that felt the same way(and that's fine if those people didn't) but it's also how I feel. If you want to trash talk while it's still a game, that's fine. It's competitive and there's nothing wrong with a little bit of trash talking. But once the game is over...or the win is wrapped up, be respectful and be gracious. Treat your opponent how you'd want to be treated if you were going to have to swallow the loss.

I think people have some misconception that I'm defending Crabtree. I don't give a rat's behind about Crabtree. I'm condemning Sherman's actions. He's a grown man and he was aware of what he was doing.

difference was this wasn't just a business - it was personal..crabtree made it personal, and i'm sure those two were in each others face all game...and i'm sure crabtree was talking some serious smack - who knows how personal it got?

But while I thought it was a dick move, if it was someone I hated that was talking shit to me and then came up short, i'd probably be a little mouthy about it too... it ain't like he was so arrogant to call out all niner receivers - since he singled out crabtree, that tells me it was way beyond personal