Cowboys sign LSU OT La'el Collins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I would have taken him with a 7th rounder, but then what hell do I know.
more than me I suppose...cause I woulda used that second 3rd on him (esp. after watching Mannion vs Oregon on ESPN, jeez IDK what the fuck we're doing this offseason)...probably would took him and Clemmings on day 2....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hardy
Gregory
Collins

I would venture to say they don't care much about being a team of morality

Spags and his "four pillars" philosophy would not approve.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_2b39d4ad-1727-5065-8001-c64d287a7190.html

"As a head coach, I will be committed to doing everything possible to bring success to this franchise. I’m not about predictions, I’m not about bold statements. But we hope that we’re going to be about faith, character, core values and team first. Those will be the four pillars we will hang our hat on."

Somewhere Belichick and Jerruh are snickering.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So... does this mean Doug Free or Ron Leary is going to shake loose?
Great point. They could be ready to move a more expensive player. We still have cap room for a good FA or 2. And an extra wnd rnd pick next year.

I would be surprised, if we weren't on the phone inquiring about some of their oline depth.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I am second guessing not grabbing him in the 7th on a flyer. Stacy for Collins with a ? would sit well with me if they had done their due diligence. Kid has an alibi.
As far as we know, no motive either.
Agreed. Late rnd pick would have been worth the gamble.

The problem with taking him in the draft. I believe IF he had been drafted, he could have held out and reentered next year's draft. Since he wasn't drafted, he was ineligible to reenter next years.
At least that's what I think I read.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_2b39d4ad-1727-5065-8001-c64d287a7190.html

"As a head coach, I will be committed to doing everything possible to bring success to this franchise. I’m not about predictions, I’m not about bold statements. But we hope that we’re going to be about faith, character, core values and team first. Those will be the four pillars we will hang our hat on."

F Jerruh... I'd take Quinn over Hardy all day Long (oh, and that Long too! ;))

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Damn that o line is gonna be really good in Dallas. This guy is a pro bowl guard in my view

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
more than me I suppose...cause I woulda used that second 3rd on him (esp. after watching Mannion vs Oregon on ESPN, jeez IDK what the freak we're doing this offseason)...probably would took him and Clemmings on day 2....

You couldn't of there had to be an agreement with the NFL that his issue had to be settled...You could not draft him otherwise somebody would have drafted him even later.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Someone should check Collins bank account.
I bet there will be a lot more in there than his FA contract will show.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Well this is all the news I need for this shitty day. I'm out.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Cowboys will be champs if their secondary pans out and they manage to snatch Peterson from the Vikings.

MrMotes

Starter

And Fisher.

The four pillars were always stupid, and in Spags' case, amazingly ineffective at building a roster or winning games...

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
He Must be guilty if the Cowboys are signing him. Am I crazy or does La'el Collins have chicken legs? I swear his arms are bigger than his legs. I don't think that's ever a good thing.
lael-collins-nfl-draft-6c8a1fda02aeb988.jpg

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Everything else aside their line was already really good. Now it's not even fair.
Still hope they suck azz.

MrMotes

Starter
You couldn't of there had to be an agreement with the NFL that his issue had to be settled...You could not draft him otherwise somebody would have drafted him even later.

You could see after the Ray Rice thing how that might be. But if they colluded to not draft him even though he was eligible, that's got to be against the CBA and quite possibly criminal...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You could see after the Ray Rice thing how that might be. But if they colluded to not draft him even though he was eligible, that's got to be against the CBA and quite possibly criminal...
Wink Wink had to be otherwise somebody would have taken him.

MrMotes

Starter
Thought i saw some speculation that he could sign with the Cowboys, be a backup, and have less chance of getting injured before signing his second contract...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno.

What's better? Missing the playoffs with a 4 pillar 7-9 team (like in 2010)... or missing the playoffs with a no-pillar 7-9 team (like 2013)?

Seems to me like a results oriented person would view both equally... I mean, they both failed.

MrMotes

Starter
I dunno.

What's better? Missing the playoffs with a 4 pillar 7-9 team (like in 2010)... or missing the playoffs with a no-pillar 7-9 team (like 2013)?

Seems to me like a results oriented person would view both equally... I mean, they both failed.

Fisher won twice as many games in 3 years as Spags did, so i don't see the results as being even remotely equal.

Also, after 3 years of Spags we were a train wreck needing a complete rebuild. I don't think anyone thinks that about Fisher's Rams after 3 years...