Cowboys sign LSU OT La'el Collins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's more of an example of Jerrah just paying tribute to the mafia that doesn't exist.

Dean Blandino is the head of NFL Officiating. Who do you think controls that marionette's strings?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I don't know but I'm picturing this guy:

charles_montgomery_burns_by_missfuturama-d5p8ymg.png

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My buddy I work with has a theory why Collins signed with the Cowgirls. He thinks Jerry Jones leaked information to the authorities, prior to the draft, about Collins. He says this allowed him to swoop in and pick him up as an un-drafted rookie after the draft. He is convinced Jones had something to do with the Collins' issue, that is now becoming a non-issue. I told him he's crazy. The Cowgirls got lucky.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The interesting thing to me is the diametrically opposite approaches of the Rams and Cowboys to building an effective offense.

Rams have linked the train to Gurley to (hopefully recover and) run behind a gang of OL hopefuls of little regard
Cowboys have linked their train to the OL which will now have 4 "first round talents" on it to block for RBs of little regard.

The question of is it the OL or the RB that generates an effective run game may very well be getting a very interesting test case this year...

It can be one or both. Depends on the OL. Depends on the HB. Depends on both. Kind of a cop-out of an answer but like with anything else in football, it's just not simple enough for a black and white answer.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Lmao @ this thread though. The tin foil hats are out in full force.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Lmao @ this thread though. The tin foil hats are out in full force.

Hey, I backed you up earlier. Don't get bitter on us now. :cool:

Rams fans know this team has a need for someone like Collins. The Cowboys don't. So yeah, there's some disappointment there. It's like if a great defensive line prospect/suspected murderer signed with the Rams of all teams. Bet some Cowboys fans might get ticked as well. :sneaky:

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Collins better turn out to be better and make more of an impact than the guys already has on the roster.

Just like everyone else, he could still turn out to be a bust you know. Or just average ala Chance Warmack who was even more celebrated coming out of college.
Yah but it would have only cost a 7th round pick.
My faith in the Rams head office decreasing by the day.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So you just get screwed on the pick? That doesn't sound like the NFL to me, they tend to favor the owners, no?
Might be a rule favored by the NFLPA. I don't even know if I'm correct on this.

I can't think of any other reason why nobody took a chance on him. Collins opened his mouth about not signing after the 3rd, leaving teams to believe that if they drafted him he could be eligible to reenter next years draft. Basically screwing yourself out of a pick.

If I were Collins I would have kept my mouth shut about not signing after the 3rd rnd. He could have either made more money this year or an exhortation amount of money in next years draft.

I still would have taken a shot. How many 6th and 7th rnd picks actually make the team anyway?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Hey, I backed you up earlier. Don't get bitter on us . :sneaky:
I'm not bitter. I just think it's funny when people act like we get favors from the league when it's the exact opposite; we're not the Pats. Gnome sayin?

Ram Pat

Rookie
What I wonder is why didn't the cowgirls draft him in 6th or 7th if they had the inside info so early? League must have had word out..... I would've wrote Collins and turned in the card
... but may have altered upcoming relo votes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wait, what? That was the whole point of the post.