Colin Kaepernick investigated for alleged sexual assault

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/10/report-other-players-involved-in-kaepernick-case

Report: Other players involved in Kaepernick case

It’s still too early to know much about the sexual assault allegations reportedly made against 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, police have indicated that 49ers receiverQuinton Patton and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette were involved, and that the incident happened at Lockette’s apartment in Miami.

It’s unclear at this point whether there will be any criminal charges or league-imposed discipline. Four years ago, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger received a six-game suspension (reduced to four) after being sued for sexual assault in July 2009 and then accused of sexual assault in early 2010. He was never arrested or charged in either case.

It’s also unclear whether and to what extent the allegations will affect the 49ers’ willingness to make a significant long-term financial commitment to Kaepernick. Based on the perceptions of former 49ers safety Donte Whitner, coach Jim Harbaugh may not be thrilled about this situation, at all.

“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he’ll forgive us except put our hands on women,” Whitner said in 2012, after Harbaugh first season as head coach. “If you put your hand on a woman then you’re done in his book. So other than putting your hands on women, you can do anything and come talk to him, and it’s true.”

What’s true or not true in this case remains to be seen. There’s a good chance that, as in other situations like this, the full truth will never be known.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Captions?
th

Sorry. You beat a TEAM on the field. I consider the guy a giant douche and that is amplified by the fact that he plays for the Whiners. So yeah - REALLY.

BTW - It's not like my take is going to result in a woman being assaulted. It doesn't work that way. It either already happened or it didn't.

As he plays for that team we'd also be beating him.

The second part is true, but I never thought that my opinion made any difference, if it turns out he didn't do it I'll be happier than if it turns out he did, that's all.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
After all the shit Ben Roethlisberger went through, w/o any evidence, I hope Colin Kaepernick gets the same amount of shit.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...to-suspicious-incident-in-miami-police-report

Thursday was not full of good news for Colin Kaepernick, as his name was connected with a sexual assault information report with the City of Miami Police Department.

The news first surfaced via TMZ.com, who cited law enforcement sources that told them Kaepernick was being investigated for a possible sexual assault.

A Miami police spokesperson told CBSSports.com that Kaepernick is not being investigated, per se, but that police are following up on an information report that involves the 49ers quarterback.

In that report, a copy of which was obtained by CBSSports.com, a woman, whose name is redacted, states that on April 1, she went to the apartment of Seahawks receiver Richard Lockette. At the apartment were Kaepernick and 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton.

The woman states that the group "talked for a while and she mixed some drinks for all of them and gave them shots." The woman states "they told her in order to drink the shots she had to 'hit' the bong which contained marijuana."

The woman states she "started to feel lightheaded and went to a bedroom to lay down." She says she "took off her jacket and jewelry" at which point "Mr. Kaepernick came behind her into the bedroom and started kissing her."

She "advised that Mr. Kaepernick started to undressed [sic] her" and that "she got completely naked."

At that point she claims Kaepernick left the bedroom and that "they did not have sex." At that point in time, the woman claims Patton and Lockette "peeked" into the room and she yelled "What are you doing? Where's Colin? Get out!"

The woman says they closed the door and left but she cannot remember anything after that. She says she woke up in a hospital bed but doesn't know how she got there.

The woman acknowledged a prior sexual history with Kaepernick.

It could be semantics, as Miami Chief of Police Manuel Orosa said the department is investigating.

"There was an incident and we are investigating," Orosa told the Miami Herald.

According to the Sacramento Bee, 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton and Seahawks wideout Ricardo Lockette are also part of the investigation.

"The 49ers organization is aware of the recent media report regarding Colin Kaepernick and is in the process of gathering the pertinent facts," the 49ers said in a statement.

We'll have more on this story as it develops.

so what's she complaining about, that two guys had a bit of a peek at her?

what a nothing story.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
so what's she complaining about, that two guys had a bit of a peek at her?

what a nothing story.

I think she's probably more upset about waking up in a hospital bed not knowing how she got there.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We're talking about a woman possibly being assaulted.
Hopefully it's just a money hungry fan trying to blackmail him.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
From all reports it doesn't seem like Kap is gonna get charged with anything. So far it looks like the only thing they are guilty of is stupidity.
If the assault kit comes back with some DNA then it's a different story

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I thought Kaepernick was supposed to be a smart kid. He sounds pretty stupid to me.