Colin Kaepernick investigated for alleged sexual assault

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan14

Starter
I hope this isn't true. Looks real bad for the 49er's and the NFL that a big name like him gets caught up in this, but it might not even be his fault. No idea what happened, that's where we have to wait and hear the real evidence. Seems pretty early to make a judgement.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
th

"I left the room because he turned out to be a woman."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hope this isn't true. Looks real bad for the 49er's and the NFL that a big name like him gets caught up in this, but it might not even be his fault. No idea what happened, that's where we have to wait and hear the real evidence. Seems pretty early to make a judgement.

No it doesn't.:whistle:

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-initial-report-on-kaepernick-out-of-context/
The Miami Police Department says the initial report that 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was being investigated for an alleged sexual assault was based on taking information from a police document out of context.

Miami Police spokesman Rene Pimental told the San Jose Mercury News that TMZ, which initially broke the story of Kaepernick being a subject of a police investigation, “took the report out of context.”

TMZ is still carrying the headline, “Colin Kaepernick investigated for sexual assault” on its front page, and the TMZ report also says, “it’s clear they are investigating an alleged sex crime, due to the fact the case was referred to the Special Victim’s Office, which handles sex crimes.”

However, the Special Victims Unit section of the Miami Police Department’s website says that office actually covers more than just sex crimes. Incidents ranging from abuse of the elderly to missing persons reports also fall under the “Special Victims” umbrella. It is not currently known why the Special Victims Unit was working on this case, but it would be wrong to conclude that it must be a sexual assault investigation.

Police took an incident report from a woman who said she was hanging out with Kaepernick, 49ers receiver Quinton Patton, and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette. She says that after drinking with them she went to bed, and the next thing she knew she was waking up in a hospital. That incident report lists Kaepernick, Patton and Lockette as suspects, but the police say that doesn’t mean a crime was committed.

“There’s no evidence of a crime or a sexual assault,” Pimental said. “This report is simply an incident report taken at the woman’s request.”

One of the few things that’s clear about this story is that there’s still a lot we don’t know.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
After all the crap Ben Roethlisberger went through, w/o any evidence, I hope Colin Kaepernick gets the same amount of crap.
Roethlisberger hasn't been anointed, Kaperschmuck has. Hence, he'll skirt by.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Title of the thread should say "alleged" in quotation marks. Until proven innocent.
Wait. I missed something - didn't I? You mean as in how Jim Rome always says allegedly when someone gets accused of something? As in - Collin Kaperdick sexually assaulted someone - allegedly.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We believe the members here at ROD have enough intelligence to figure out that the words investigated and alleged in the title do not imply guilt simply because there are no quotation marks. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is not a crime, neither is being a dumbass. Chances are that absolutely nothing will come of this but it still should be reported anyway because it deals with a key member of the 49ers - a team despised by most Rams fans.

Btw is there another NFL team that has had a worse offseason than the 49ers?

Thankfully no. The NFC west is ripe for the taking!