Christian Wilkins likely to become a FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
You lost me.
They did invest in Corbett, traded a 5th round pick for him. They invested in Dotson, traded a 4th round pick for him. Avila is the only olineman who they drafted recently who has panned out, even using premium picks.
So Im trying to understand, are you arguing that they do or dont invest? I cant see how this is different from Burns, which we are lock step on. Why risk drafting a player who you "hope" will be as good as a player in your grasp. And all Dotson costs is money, in a year with a historically high cap
It goes back to significant resources. I don't consider day three selections as significant resources.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Since the 2022 debacle, the Rams seem to have gone through a philosophy shift with the value of the offensive line.
Correct. Avila represented this. Re-signing Dotson or another quality veteran (prefer Robert Hunt) in his place would too. So would using another top 100 draft choice at the position.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You lost me.
They did invest in Corbett, traded a 5th round pick for him. They invested in Dotson, traded a 4th round pick for him. Avila is the only olineman who they drafted recently who has panned out, even using premium picks.
So Im trying to understand, are you arguing that they do or dont invest? I cant see how this is different from Burns, which we are lock step on. Why risk drafting a player who you "hope" will be as good as a player in your grasp. And all Dotson costs is money, in a year with a historically high cap
I think by "invest" he meant that they didn't pony up and re-sign players like Corbett. I guess we'll see with Dotson. It may be difficult to replace what Dotson did on that line last season. Hopefully they figure out a way to get something done in order to continue to solidify that O-line.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It goes back to significant resources. I don't consider day three selections as significant resources.
In any event, I see it like Burns, I thought you did as well. All good, I appreciate all your pre-draft stuff and player evals.