Christian Wilkins likely to become a FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will be Damned if I am going to sit here quietly and allow you to Besmirch the name of Jonah Williams.

Besmirch is a grossly under-used word.
"Yur tellin me!" ~ befoul

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Makes you wonder what he thinks his worth is.
If he wants to be the highest paid D player, might be better off staying away from
Maybe it's his way he wants out. He will get the same $ somewhere else that has massively better upside not saying it's the Rams just saying.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Burns HAS got to get tagged.

And, if he is not, that would be better news than the fucking-Niners losing in the Super Bowl.
OK @fanotodd ...
Maybe not better ... but only because there is only one thing better than the 49ers losing ... the Rams winning.

But Brian Burns hitting unrestricted free agency would be a tremendous opportunity for the Rams ... IMO
... Just can not happen

What can I say? I LOVE that NFCCG where the Rams rip the heart from the chest of the 49ers. You CAN have your cake and eat it too!
I have rewatched that game more times than I can count. Occasionally, I’ll watch the “seal the deal” SB after, but it isn’t necessary.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I LOVE that NFCCG where the Rams rip the heart from the chest of the 49ers.
I have rewatched that game more times than I can remember.
Preaching to the choir.
I would bet that I have seen the 2021 NFC Championship Game as many times as anyone.

I was only trying to accentuate the point that I would be thrilled to have an elite young Edge hit Free Agency but I think it’s a dream.

Last edited:

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Watched every game when he was at Clemson.

Dude is a game changer and beloved by teammates and coaches. Him next to Donald and Kobie....abso freaking lutely!!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

He's only 25, but how much more losing can he take? In hindsight, the Panthers would have been better off just taking a first rounder for him a few years ago. Having a player like Burns on a lousy roster didn’t make a lick of difference for them.

Then again, they are the team that traded away this years first to draft Bryce Young. I bet they are ruing that decision right now.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He's only 25, but how much more losing can he take? In hindsight, the Panthers would have been better off just taking a first rounder for him a few years ago. Having a player like Burns on a lousy roster didn’t make a lick of difference for them.

Then again, they are the team that traded away this years first to draft Bryce Young. I bet they are ruing that decision right now.
I can't imagine the Panthers do not tag Burns ... but I can (and will) pray they don't.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Burns HAS got to get tagged.

And, if he is not, that would be better news than the fucking-Niners losing in the Super Bowl.
Outside of the Rams WINNING the SB, nothing hit better.
More interested in Josh Allen. How's that going?
WAY more interested in Allen, but 99% getting tagged. As is Burns who I'm far less high on. Honestly, I just don't want the Rams to do something stupid (such as offer 2 1st rounders for him....) and then have to pay him Bosa money. He is not remotely close to as impactful as Bosa, yet he is expecting to be paid in that area. Hard pass.

Guess who was damn near as impactful last year? Byron Young, a 3rd rounder.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Outside of the Rams WINNING the SB, nothing hit better.

WAY more interested in Allen, but 99% getting tagged. As is Burns who I'm far less high on. Honestly, I just don't want the Rams to do something stupid (such as offer 2 1st rounders for him....) and then have to pay him Bosa money. He is not remotely close to as impactful as Bosa, yet he is expecting to be paid in that area. Hard pass.

Guess who was damn near as impactful last year? Byron Young, a 3rd rounder.
But Young got his numbers WITH Aaron Donald and on a winning team that finished 8th in points scored against vs. 604 passing attempts.

Burns got his numbers WITHOUT Aaron Donald and after a brief holdout while trying not to get hurt. And on a losing team that finished 31st in points scored (481 passing attempts vs. 586 rushing attempts).

Bosa is a great pass rusher. But, he too had more talent around him and opportunities with teams trying to keep up that top rated offense.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

We offered them TWO firsts plus and they declined.

For two years of play on a subpar DL, they lost out on 2 1sts which would have been invaluable for developing their Offense.

Trash org.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Josh Allen had 17.5 sacks last year (his contract year) and he's all the rage.

But anyone else notice that he had 17 total sacks the 3 years prior?
And Dotson isnt worth the money because he did it in a contract year....
Logic?

Memphis Ram

Legend
And Dotson isnt worth the money because he did it in a contract year....
Logic?
I get the logic point.

But positional value and supply also come into play with Dotson. Otherwise, he probably would have been franchised.

A stud guard is easier to find than a stud pass rusher.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the logic point.

But positional value and supply also come into play with Dotson. Otherwise, he probably would have been franchised.

A stud guard is easier to find than a stud pass rusher.
And if the OG plays like Dotson, you have 2023 running game, if he plays like Bruss you have 2022....
If a stud OG was so easy to find, why has it taken so long to find one? Actually, 2?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

A Franchise Tag would have cost $20M; and the entire amount would hit the Rams' 2024 cap.

A big-$ contract that averages $16-$18M per-year would likely be structured for a 2024 cap hit under $8M.

Memphis Ram

Legend
And if the OG plays like Dotson, you have 2023 running game, if he plays like Bruss you have 2022....
If a stud OG was so easy to find, why has it taken so long to find one? Actually, 2?
Prior to the selection of Avila, when was the last time the Rams made it a priority and used significant resources to fill the position? When they were in St. Louis and signed Adam Timmerman?

For years it's been late round draft choices, UDFAs, and reclamation projects from other teams via trades or free agency (Corbett, Dotson).