Cheatriots hosting Benny Cunningham

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'd rather lose Tre.
Although, I would like to see Gurley stay on the field on 3rd down. Even though it would cut into Bennys' playing time. The best player on our team shouldn't be on the bench on 3rd down

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We're cheap, don't see us matching..
Seriously? We've spent to the cap consistently and have the most expensive coaching staff in the league. Don't confuse not getting into bidding wars on a couple players with being cheap.

jap

Legend
Members freak out every single year over our FA non-spending. I give the Horns credit for trying to be prudent with their spending dollars, as opposed to many of the bottom feeders who spend big and produce small.

We have had (ultimately) negative spending (e.g., Jake Long, Cookie, Joseph, etc), but the overall goal was to build through the draft and employ FA for immediate/short-term fixes.

This is a critical FA period since so many home developed guys became FA's all at once. We got to weather the storm, identify our core (i.e., the guys we need and who actually want to be here), and proceed with discretion.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Crap, hate to lose Benny. Fingers crossed on this one.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'd rather lose Tre.
Although, I would like to see Gurley stay on the field on 3rd down. Even though it would cut into Bennys' playing time. The best player on our team shouldn't be on the bench on 3rd down

Lots of stud running backs this year - nab one in the 5th and bring in a few more guys like Malcom Brown - have our guys play hungry and mad

Anyway it seems we are getting 1 solid year of production out of each running back we bring in with the exception of Pead

(And God-willing Todd Gurley who is about to become a legend)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Benny is a good player for us. Patriots are smart to try to take him. Hopefully the Rams will match, because he is our second best RB.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hey could we just give them Tre Mason to distract the Patriots some away from Benny?

Mason certainly seems to have a ton of non football related activity going on around him:whistle:.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I think the Rams would be Foolish not to "MATCH" a cheatriot offer!
Not that there aren't a few good backs we could go after, in the Draft, I just don't want us to have to use a pick on one when we have other needs to fill!!

I don't think we would Dave. I think the team would just promote Brown from the practice squad and roll with Gurley, Mason and Brown.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't think we would Dave. I think the team would just promote Brown from the practice squad and roll with Gurley, Mason and Brown.

I think you're right,
Rams will consider Tavon in the equation too so: Gurley, Mason, Tavon, & Brown

But the Rams love that speed and if they move on from Mason look to a guy like Tyler Ervin to be high on their list- hey love drafting RB's and he'd be an excellent addition and compliment to Gurley

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams can match and keep Cunningham, unless the pats are willing to compensate with a worthwhile pick.

jap

Legend
Hey could we just give them Tre Mason to distract the Patriots some away from Benny?

Mason certainly seems to have a ton of non football related activity going on around him:whistle:.

While we're at it, we can toss in Trey Watts too.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I've changed companies... FFur a lot less that what these guys Are slinging around. Can't fault 'em!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Benny has posted some good numbers over the last two years. I believe he has been an asset to the Rams, and he should be paid accordingly, whatever that amount is. Hopefully, Benny is just trying to establish a fair market value, and then the Rams will match it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IDK, after Tre Mason's arrest, he may not be available for the 1st 4 weeks of the season!.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Cunningham is one of my favorites on Offense for a lot if the reasons mentioned in the thread. I hope we match an offer if it is tendered.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Pats had a ton of people in. They are better off signing a guy who is an UFA instead of crafting a onerous deal the rams wouldn't match that could hurt them in the long run