Change one draft pick from the past five years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Yep, Avery over Jackson 2.0

They had to make it hard, but it's not a done deal.
That picked stunned me. I couldn't believe Jackson fell to us and we passed him for Avery. Man we did our fair share of reaching for WRs in the second round.

Another one was passing Torrey Smith for Lance Kendricks. Kendricks is a very solid football player. Smith filled more of a need and is a dynamic playmaker on the outside that we could really use.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That picked stunned me. I couldn't believe Jackson fell to us and we passed him for Avery. Man we did our fair share of reaching for WRs in the second round.

Another one was passing Torrey Smith for Lance Kendricks. Kendricks is a very solid football player. Smith filled more of a need and is a dynamic playmaker on the outside that we could really use.

Oh gosh, Torry Smith was my guy that year. His tape out of Mayland was sensational and I was sick as hell over passing on him. That hurt worse than Avery over Jackson. The difference is Kendricks is actually a dam good player. His run blocking actually made him a good pick. That wasn't expected.

jjab360

Legend
Suh.......and yes, we all should know whom he'd replace.....

2nd choice....maybe that Quick pick for Randle or Floyd (was Floyd available?)

3rd......Cord Patterson (for Tavon), which would have allowed us to grab Larry Warford in the 2nd round
:sick: (n)

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
What were the cut numbers again when Fisher and Snead came in? didnt they cut 40 plus players that are NO LONGER PLAYING IN THE NFL. the absolute pathetic lack of talent and skill from the front office and revolving coaching staff is why we have been the laughing stock of the league for most of the last decade. so who was making all these front office and coaching decisions since Martz left?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm saying the Rams had a bad draft besides JL in the 2nd and the class as a whole was not that bad. I mean McCoy went in the 2nd round, Foster went undrafted. There's 2 of the best RBs in the league right there alone in that class and they went after the 1st round.
And I won't argue with that.

I was just saying that the TOP of the 2009 class was terrible. I'm not sure anyone was calling Smith a reach, let alone a bust, at the time. And without the concussions, who knows?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
And I won't argue with that.

I was just saying that the TOP of the 2009 class was terrible. I'm not sure anyone was calling Smith a reach, let alone a bust, at the time. And without the concussions, who knows?

Yea the top was pretty split, overall though, I think it was even. due to the fact that a decent amount of guys that are now top 5 in the position they play, came from 09.

The conspiracy theorist inside me says they hyped Smith knowing we would bite the bait, :snicker: jk man. You never know without the concussions though.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The conspiracy theorist inside me says they hyped Smith knowing we would bite the bait, :snicker: jk man.

Politics.jpg

TShram03

UDFA
Yeah, I immediately went to the Jason Smith pick. Love Lavonte David over Pead and some of the other selections, but I just HAVE to replace the Smith pick.

And I'm taking Shady McCoy instead at #2 overall.

Even w/ Steven Jackson, Shady would make sense making that transition easier. He adds a win or two a year. So dirty.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Alshon over Quick
Orrrr
Keenan Allen over TJ (then TJ over Stedman)

Actually, imagine both?

Jeffrey, Allen, and Austin? Wowwww

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Alshon Jeffrey was available when Quick was selected. I'd go with him

For what it's worth, I don't think Jeffery would have been as successful as he was this year had he not have had a guy like Brandon Marshall showing him along.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
And on the flip side what about the other teams regrets.
Saffold over ?
Stacy over ?
JL over ?
Quinn over ?
Etc.
Other than Bradford we could have a much different Rams team.
You can scout them, measure them, work them out and watch their film. But in the end it's all a crapshoot.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
In the broad spectrum of every player chosen from 2009 thru 2013.

2011 4th round Greg Salas in favor of wr Cecil Shorts.

The higher the picks I.e. 1st thru 3rd the higher the risks come with that said chosen player to tag the 'bust label'.

Yeah, I immediately went to the Jason Smith pick. Love Lavonte David over Pead and some of the other selections, but I just HAVE to replace the Smith pick.

And I'm taking Shady McCoy instead at #2 overall.

Even w/ Steven Jackson, Shady would make sense making that transition easier. He adds a win or two a year. So dirty.

The player drafted in the number 2 spot the next year (Suh) is due over $35m over the next two years, do you feel comfortable giving a RB $17.5m per year? And if so who are you cutting off the current team?

As crazy as it sounds Smith being a bust may actually have helped us long term.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
2011; Richard Sherman in the 4th instead of Greg Salas.

hiding.gif

Although I can't stand Dick Sherman now, this was the one I was going to pick. With David over Pead and Jeffrey over Quick tied for 2nd.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Sherman has talked so much about Crabtree that if Crabtree has a big game against him this year Sherman's aura of invincibility will be forever shattered. Every WR will bring his "A" game unintimidated then.