Change one draft pick from the past five years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd still take Ogletree, you're essentially replacing a 4th RB for an All Pro (in David's case) LB, may as well have an elite OL and elite LB corps and see where that takes you.
Hard to argue, but I wonder if Fisher would have taken Warford instead of Ogletree at #30 last year if he had David, JL and his boy Dunbar locked in (he thought... pre-suspension, I think) at LB.

Irish

Starter
Hard to argue, but I wonder if Fisher would have taken Warford instead of Ogletree at #30 last year if he had David, JL and his boy Dunbar locked in (he thought... pre-suspension, I think) at LB.

Fisher and Co. were really, really high on Ogletree. No doubt he would have been the pick.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher and Co. were really, really high on Ogletree. No doubt he would have been the pick.
You're probably right. I was rather emotionally invested in one of Cooper, Warmack or Warford last year, so take any opinions with a grain of salt.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Any of the following over Jason Smith...

Eugene, Mack, Cushing, Harvin, Clay... that's all I can think of off the top of the dome.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Geno Atkins over Mardy Gilyard
Greg Hardy over Fendi Onobun
Cecil Shorts over Greg Salas
Antonio Brown over Eugene Sims
Julius Thomas over Greg Salas
Henry Melton over Darell Scott
Jason McCourty over Keith Null
Captain Munnerlyn over Chris Ogbonnaya
Alshon Jeffery over Brian Quick
Lavonte David over Isaiah Pead

Are just a few that stand out to me.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Pretty much anyone who turned out good instead of Jason Smith would have had fans howling for Devaney's head at the time.

2009 was the worst draft class I've ever seen.

I don't think it was that bad, I think we just missed alot that year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Jeffery over Quick. I wanted on draft day and thought the Rams severely reached, here. But hey, if Quick comes into his own then we're good.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If I had to redo any pick? This is too easy: Jimmy Graham over Jerome Murphy.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Geno Atkins over Mardy Gilyard
Greg Hardy over Fendi Onobun
Cecil Shorts over Greg Salas
Antonio Brown over Eugene Sims
Julius Thomas over Greg Salas
Henry Melton over Darell Scott
Jason McCourty over Keith Null
Captain Munnerlyn over Chris Ogbonnaya
Alshon Jeffery over Brian Quick
Lavonte David over Isaiah Pead

Are just a few that stand out to me.

Please! can you stop already!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wouldn't trade out any of the picks that we've made the past two years, because we really haven't seen them come full term yet. We've built a pretty damn stout defense with those picks. Offense is another story, but when you start trading picks...you mess with what we've built on that defensive side of the ball.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I wasn't talking about the Rams' class being bad, I was talking about the class as a whole being terrible at the top.
Here's a couple of links on it:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...doover-mike-wallace-percy-harvin-hit-top-five
http://thebiglead.com/2013/08/28/2009-nfl-draft-the-1st-round-was-bust-city/

I'm saying the Rams had a bad draft besides JL in the 2nd and the class as a whole was not that bad. I mean McCoy went in the 2nd round, Foster went undrafted. There's 2 of the best RBs in the league right there alone in that class and they went after the 1st round.

FRO

Legend
If I had to redo any pick? This is too easy: Jimmy Graham over Jerome Murphy.
Boy Jerome Murphy sucked badly. That was a great TE class and we needed a TE badly. I wanted Pitta in the 4th. Graham in the third would have been better. We need a elite playmaker like that.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Matt Bowen for Tom Brady.

Then win 36. Become a dynasty. Release Brady after a few years to become the equipment manager at Michigan.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Jeffery over Quick. I wanted on draft day and thought the Rams severely reached, here. But hey, if Quick comes into his own then we're good.

That's the most obvious one from recent memory too. And the sad thing is, everyone on the forums knew that at the time too.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Instead of Quick, I would take Alshon Jeffery. I wanted Jeffery then and I want him now.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Much as I think Stacy's a nifty fella, sure would have been nice to have Shady McCoy in 2009. That probably would have made David (or Wagner) over Pead a no brainer.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2011; Richard Sherman in the 4th instead of Greg Salas.

hiding.gif