Change one draft pick from the past five years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TShram03

UDFA
The player drafted in the number 2 spot the next year (Suh) is due over $35m over the next two years, do you feel comfortable giving a RB $17.5m per year? And if so who are you cutting off the current team?

As crazy as it sounds Smith being a bust may actually have helped us long term.

Wasn't factoring in salary at all. Just a player for player swap.

And yes, Smith's failures helped contribute to our struggles in following years which put us in a position to take advantage of the RGIII trade. Everything is a butterfly effect for sure, but I was trying to keep the exercise as straightforward and simplistic as possible.

As far as Shady McCoy goes, given his production year in and year out in the NFL, I do believe his work merits a salary of that type -- unconventional as it may be at the position.

If I have to "cut" one player from the roster, why not Benny Cunningham? I really like him a lot but if the Rams have Shady McCoy then he's obsolete. Hell we can keep Stacy and Mason and have the deepest stable of RBs in the league, which would be fantastic considering our offensive ethos.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
In 2012 we took Aaron Brown in the top of the 7th round - I would change that pick to Vontaze Burfict who went undrafted and just came in at #52 on the 100 best players in the NFL.

Wasn't factoring in salary at all. Just a player for player swap.

And yes, Smith's failures helped contribute to our struggles in following years which put us in a position to take advantage of the RGIII trade. Everything is a butterfly effect for sure, but I was trying to keep the exercise as straightforward and simplistic as possible.

As far as Shady McCoy goes, given his production year in and year out in the NFL, I do believe his work merits a salary of that type -- unconventional as it may be at the position.

If I have to "cut" one player from the roster, why not Benny Cunningham? I really like him a lot but if the Rams have Shady McCoy then he's obsolete. Hell we can keep Stacy and Mason and have the deepest stable of RBs in the league, which would be fantastic considering our offensive ethos.

That's completely within the rules laid out, just thinking out loud that that salary would have hand strung us.

Bu cut someone I meant someone on around $15m per year, so we could fit McCoy under the cap, or maybe you cut multiple players. Either way I don't think there's a player from that year who I'd cut any big money players for.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In 2012 we took Aaron Brown in the top of the 7th round - I would change that pick to Vontaze Burfict who went undrafted and just came in at #52 on the 100 best players in the NFL.
Good one there. Burfict has been quite the revelation.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Meh, I'm not too butt hurt with the Jefferey over Quick thing. Sure he's ballin' hard now, but wait until he gets paid.

I think people forget that Alshon bloated up to like 270 lbs before the draft, that's why his stock fell, which is why he finally motivated himself to improve. Odds are, once he gets paid; fat Alshon again.