Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
IMG_0813.PNG

I know it's only week one, but when is the last time you've seen rankings like this from the Rams?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Holy sh!t!! So many things to be happy about today.

- Instead of playing down to their competition, as the Rams have done so many time in recent years when facing an opponent like today's Colts team, they totally walloped them the way they should have. Everybody came to play.

- Gawd, it was so awesome watching an offense execute a modern scheme, instead of one from the horse-and-buggy era that the Rams have run since Spags took over and continued through Fisher. No more of that.

- People said if Goff had time to throw and had decent receivers, he could play well. He sure as hell proved that today. He looked very good.

- I never really had any concern that there would be a dropoff in the defense transitioning from William's D to Wade's ... and today emphatically demonstrated that any concern was ill-placed. They looked incredible, even when factoring in for the current state of the Colts. Great plays by both Tru and Joyner on their pick sixes.

- How awesome is it to see real NFL receivers, running good routes, making tough catches, and so on? Pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

- Here's the catch to all that - for all that went right today, the Rams didn't play their best game or a perfect game by any means, and yet still won in resounding fashion. The team we saw today isn't as good as it can be.

- Watkins is still not fully integrated into this offense. Tavon isn't either due to the missed time. What is going to happen when those guys are fully up to speed? What are defenses going to do then? We've already seen that Kupp can get alone-in-his-own-zipcode open in this state, what happens when Watkins is playing at full speed with this offense? And what about when Everett starts to get some experience under his belt as well?

- Run blocking wasn't as good as it could be, still needs work (although it seemed at times like the Colts schemed as if they were playing last year's Rams). What happens when the run blocking gets better? And what happens when teams really start accounting for the weapons in the passing game and Goff's ability to utilize them?

- As good as our defense looked today, there is an elephant in the room covered with flashing neon - Aaron Donald (ps Aaron, sign the deal, dammit). How much better will this defense be when he's fully back in the fold and teams have to start double-teaming him every play?

In short, what we say today was an excellent performance by a team that still has a lot of room for improvement, and a coaching staff that looks like it can bring out that improvement. There will be ups and downs to be sure, but I think this team is just now scratching the surface of its potential. The Rams could end up being really good.

I've heard it said in the past. I think the Rams DB coach is the heir to Wade Phillips. These DB's are so on point that they are often running the routes for the receivers. I think it's Aubrey Pleasant and he's been known to be loud and always on point for every position.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
- Watkins is still not fully integrated into this offense. Tavon isn't either due to the missed time. What is going to happen when those guys are fully up to speed? What are defenses going to do then? We've already seen that Kupp can get alone-in-his-own-zipcode open in this state, what happens when Watkins is playing at full speed with this offense? And what about when Everett starts to get some experience under his belt as well?

We could be truly scary on offense. Everett looks like he's going to be a major receiving threat. Kupp looks like a guy with Pro Bowls in his future. Watkins is Watkins. Woods is Woods. And then you have Higbee and Austin as unknowns (as well as Reynolds and Pharoh). It really feels like we're on the cusp of great things.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
on the Kupp TD, i noticed gurley and watkins on the right side of the field and i believe due to that they made the safety #29? have to pay attention there long enough to leave that nice window open for Goff to place it into Kupps hands. 29 was a little late getting back. hopefully that is what a #1 receiver and a good RB can do for this offense when they DONT touch the ball. or did i miss that whole play?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
- Instead of playing down to their competition, as the Rams have done so many time in recent years when facing an opponent like today's Colts team, they totally walloped them the way they should have. Everybody came to play.

That right there IMO defines the major difference with our new coaching staff and what we've seen for the last 10 years or so.

fearsomefour

Legend
We could be truly scary on offense. Everett looks like he's going to be a major receiving threat. Kupp looks like a guy with Pro Bowls in his future. Watkins is Watkins. Woods is Woods. And then you have Higbee and Austin as unknowns (as well as Reynolds and Pharoh). It really feels like we're on the cusp of great things.
I'm getting that too.
Austin was not used today.
Suddenly, a lot of weapons.
O line has to get better in the run game.
Kupp and Watkins could turn out to be quite the combo.
Looking forward to see how Austin is used going forward.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I saw a LOT of sloppy football today. Teams just did not come out that sharp. I know the Rams had a couple of hiccups and we played a "luck-less" colts, but the Rams looked the most prepared and dominant of all the teams I saw play today.

What a refreshing twist.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm getting that too.
Austin was not used today.
Suddenly, a lot of weapons.
O line has to get better in the run game.
Kupp and Watkins could turn out to be quite the combo.
Looking forward to see how Austin is used going forward.

they didn't make tavon do anything different to what he was doing the last 4 years. maybe waiting for better competition?

fearsomefour

Legend
they didn't make tavon do anything different to what he was doing the last 4 years. maybe waiting for better competition?

Just gameplan I think.
He wasn't around ready to go most of preseason. I think he will be worked more into the passing game as the season moves along.
Or he may end up forgotten.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm relieved none of our guys blew out a knee. That field wasn't up to par today. Too many guys lost their footing.(ex. Goff and Tolzien both had it happen)

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
All I've heard on here is "the giants have your number."

19-3. They scored ONE field goal.

Is that still them having our number, or are there a bunch of excuses prepared? Im asking for a friend.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I've heard one here is "the his t's have your number."

19-3. They scored ONE field goal.

Is that still them having our number, or are there a bunch of excuses prepared? Im aski f for a friend.

I wouldn't be worried about the team you beat having your number. I'd be worried about the ass-whooping coming your way on October 1st. ;)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm relieved none of our guys blew out a knee. That field wasn't up to par today. Too many guys lost their footing.(ex. Goff and Tolzien both had it happen)
The one play where Jared fell down, I almost had a heart attack. It looked like his leg just gave out. As a Rams fan my mind always prepares for the worst. Yeah, the field was bad.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Well, well, well... that was fun!

Obviously Goff's performance impressed but he really spread it around didn't he? Four different receivers with 50+ yards receiving. The offense was a bit run heavy on the first drive or two but McVay quickly adjusted, put the ball in Goff's hands more and the offense ran away with it. Yes I said "adjusted." We need to familiarise ourselves with that word - its been a bit alien the last couple of years.

The pass blocking was excellent. The run blocking would've looked much better but for those holding calls taking away Gurley's big gains. There will be some out there criticising Gurley but he was one of the 50+ yard receivers and I think he looked much more shifty and much more capable of making tacklers miss. Kromer will figure it out and the running game will improve, I'm sure.

I'd like to have seen more out of Austin but he hadn't played all pre-season so he needs another 2 or 3 weeks before he can be fairly judged.

The D was excellent. I particularly enjoyed how many different players on the front 7 got involved. Smart and Walker were getting in the backfield and I was glad to see Longacre get his first sack. Its only going to get better next week once AD is back.

Speaking of next week, the skins won't roll over quite so easily. The Colts were terrible and would still have lost (although not by as much) if Luck had been playing.

I expect the skins to cause more problems but that's to be expected.