Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think I'll celebrate more by making some popcorn and watching Orville in a few minutes.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Anyone have a feel for how Brockers performed? He was kind of quiet, but that isn't always a bad thing for his position.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
0509f44de6c7361a3a39f6d9e22c4acc.gif

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Some will say we beat a trash team I counter with as a team we did what a we were expected to do and blew out that trash team. Also we had some sketchy moments to start to which we quickly recovered from. In years past I couldn't say we would have done either. Both these things make me very happy

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Holy sh!t!! So many things to be happy about today.

- Instead of playing down to their competition, as the Rams have done so many time in recent years when facing an opponent like today's Colts team, they totally walloped them the way they should have. Everybody came to play.

- Gawd, it was so awesome watching an offense execute a modern scheme, instead of one from the horse-and-buggy era that the Rams have run since Spags took over and continued through Fisher. No more of that.

- People said if Goff had time to throw and had decent receivers, he could play well. He sure as hell proved that today. He looked very good.

- I never really had any concern that there would be a dropoff in the defense transitioning from William's D to Wade's ... and today emphatically demonstrated that any concern was ill-placed. They looked incredible, even when factoring in for the current state of the Colts. Great plays by both Tru and Joyner on their pick sixes.

- How awesome is it to see real NFL receivers, running good routes, making tough catches, and so on? Pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

- Here's the catch to all that - for all that went right today, the Rams didn't play their best game or a perfect game by any means, and yet still won in resounding fashion. The team we saw today isn't as good as it can be.

- Watkins is still not fully integrated into this offense. Tavon isn't either due to the missed time. What is going to happen when those guys are fully up to speed? What are defenses going to do then? We've already seen that Kupp can get alone-in-his-own-zipcode open in this state, what happens when Watkins is playing at full speed with this offense? And what about when Everett starts to get some experience under his belt as well?

- Run blocking wasn't as good as it could be, still needs work (although it seemed at times like the Colts schemed as if they were playing last year's Rams). What happens when the run blocking gets better? And what happens when teams really start accounting for the weapons in the passing game and Goff's ability to utilize them?

- As good as our defense looked today, there is an elephant in the room covered with flashing neon - Aaron Donald (ps Aaron, sign the deal, dammit). How much better will this defense be when he's fully back in the fold and teams have to start double-teaming him every play?

In short, what we say today was an excellent performance by a team that still has a lot of room for improvement, and a coaching staff that looks like it can bring out that improvement. There will be ups and downs to be sure, but I think this team is just now scratching the surface of its potential. The Rams could end up being really good.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
A few key stats:
46 points scored
2 defensive TDs
306 passing yards from Goff
10.6 Yards Per Attempt from Goff
72.4% completion percentage from Goff
96 total yards and 1 TD from Gurley
4 sacks, 9 TFLs, 2 FFs, 1 safety, and 2 Ints from the Defense
3/3 FGs and 5/5 PATs from GZ
5 out of 5 Punts in the 20 from Hekker
1 win 0 losses for the Rams

What an amazing start for Goff, McVay, and Phillips.

I looked at my wife and said isn't it nice to see Goff throwing down field! Loved it!

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I drank too much beer, passed out, but now I'm back! No work tomorrow, GO RAMS!