Celebration Thread: Rams vs. Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Now for the "more later" part ...

Man, if I was a borderline diabetic, this win would have pushed me over the edge, because it was SSSUUUHHHHH-WEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!

First, beating the crap out of Bruce Arrogance's team like that ... humiliated their asses. All week long all we heard was AP is back, blah blah freakin' blah. Yeah, he's back ... on the ground again after a 2-inch gain on that last carry ... how 'bout that? And while I don't wish injury on Carson Palmer ... man do we smack their QB's around or what?

And how about that defense? Under 200 yards??? Yeah baby. I don't care who is playing QB or that they played half of the game with Drew Stanton, holding anyone to under 200 yards total is impressive. They had one decent drive with Palmer, but after that he didn't even sniff the red zone. They were held to 25 yards rushing with AP ... they got nothing today. I really think this D has turned the corner. Love Joyner, so glad we got him back this week ... love the new safety tandem of him and JJ. 'Tree ... looks like the light it coming on for him, great game today.

And how about that offense? Another game, another 100+ for Gurley ... loved that TD run, he made that happen almost on his own. Goff's passing numbers were nothing spectacular, but good enough. I don't count the pick against him since Gurley was blatantly interfered with. Love that TD run too, especially how he refused to be stopped at the goal line. He's heard enough of the red zone struggle crap and wasn't having any of it. Loved the screen to Kupp too ... how long have we been waiting for one to work like that around here?

And how about those special teams? Legatron crushes 4 FG's and Hekker crushes two big punts to put the Cards back to the wall. Man, it's nice knowing whenever the Rams take the field that they always have the best special teams.

If you would have told me we'd go into the bye at 5-2, I'd have said "I'll take it" ... and here we are. This is going to be a good two weeks off. The team is relatively healthy, they have a winning record, and now they get a break. Hope the use it to clean up a few things, because as good as this team played today and has generally played through the first seven, there is still much room for improvement. If they can start realizing some of that improvement in the second half ... look out.

Ram65

Legend
The first drive by the Cardinals made me wonder but, the defense got the stop and the missed FG was the closest they came to scoring. Got to like Tree on the blitz. Solid victory.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've got to be close to matching last years point scored total already and we are just hitting the bye week. Yes 212 through 7 games what was it last year 228 or something? 74 point differential is just insane too. We love you McBae.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
when was the last time the Rams were 3 games above .500 ?

addon.php

Oct. 8, 2006

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Finally the Rams are fun to watch again! The defense is starting to come together which is awesome :cheers::rockon:

Aaron Donald is just now in first game form after missing off season.Others will get better as more players try to block this future HOF'er.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
You would think arians would try and find some way to protect his QB when playing the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've got to be close to matching last years point scored total already and we are just hitting the bye week. Yes 212 through 7 games what was it last year 228 or something? 74 point differential is just insane too. We love you McBae.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Didn't I read somewhere that this wasn't an impressive hit list or something? lol.

We are getting better after each game we play and the playbook grows.We are learning both new offense and defense as we go. Letting players go if they don't fit our mold along the way.Penalties that Fisher could NEVER fix for years aren't there anywhere near they used to be. We've had a couple but notice we actually then stop the next game from repeating.We don't bait teams anymore. Refs may start to leave us alone too. We are getting intermediate routes as bread and butter and hoping we can finally add the deep ball eventually. We will add a bigtime receiver in the future that will put us into GSOT type stuff once we cut TA.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
One of the things that is changing things for us is our Defensive line depth.... Tanzel Smart is beating out there...Walker is playing solid... Longachre makes plays every time he's on the field...

with Donald just dominating and Quinn improving each game..

our D-line has really stepped up and everyone else behind them is now in a better position to make plays

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
My son in the AF was here watching the game with me. Great game for him to be here.

Congrats to you and your son! Thank him for his service.

Spent some some time with my son in August on the George H.W. Bush.

You gotta be proud!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just had to stop in before retiring for the night to say, " HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

TexasRam

Legend
McVay is setting us up for long term success this season. I can't help but notice that he doesn't go back to past success.
EX: Play Action, Everett, Gurley running routes that have worked. Kupp in the seem. I feel like he is forcing us to be versatile, lots of different options from the same formation, There is a purpose to his play calling, he has admittedly made mistakes but I like the versatility. We are going to get better on O for sure especially with all the successful things we have done and haven't over used. Now the D is coming together too. Dangerous Goff on a keeper are you kidding me(y)

Agreed. So important to not run the same plays. Mcvay is pushing the team/Goff to learn new plays and concepts. This is an excellent chess strategy that will pay dividens down the road. When you need a big play you can come back to these ones that work, but before then you keep stretching the team. Soon, the defense will have too many plays to defense and wont know what is coming. Some of the dressing up of plays is a great way to accomplish this, and Goff has mentioned it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Great day. Our D us killing it. Walker with 2 batted balls. Tree and Quinn actually looked good.
Smart was a great pick.
TA is responsible for the block that sprung Gurley to the EZ. Awsome block.
The offense is a blast to watch.
It's a great time to be. RAMS FAN!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
One last post and then it's time for bed. :sleep: A good time was had by all Rams fans. :rockon: After our long descent into the bottom of the NFL, it's exhilarating to finally have hope that our team has turned into a potential playoff team.

get

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kudos to guys off the bench. #1 Kudo to Austin Blythe for stepping in and not missing a beat for Sully. #2 to Walker for batting down a couple of passes. Honorable mention to Fox and Longacre. Rams have depth!

Who'd I miss?

Limey

Rookie
Kudos to guys off the bench. #1 Kudo to Austin Blythe for stepping in and not missing a beat for Sully. #2 to Walker for batting down a couple of passes. Honorable mention to Fox and Longacre. Rams have depth!

Who'd I miss?
Malcolm Brown looked pretty good at the end as well.

The Ramowl

Starter
I am a bit late to the conversation but I kind of expected this kind of game from the Rams this week. We come off two very contested games against two top defenses and I now fully expect our coaching staff and players to be able to make adjustments and correcting mistakes.
The last two games gave us an opportunity to take a close look at our flaws, revealed by top defenses. I think we are a much better team now than three weeks ago. Some people also thought we were slowing down but it was an illusion, we were just facing better teams.
This Cardinals game make us look like a solid, consistent team that will just take the game away if you are not up to par. That's what makes the difference between teams that go to the playoffs and make a run and the others.