Case Keenum Experiment

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Pretty tough out there for his first start. Never thought I'd say losing Donal, would be monumental, but it was, in this game. Chemistry is something you build, it doesn't come in a bottle. He did some things in one game, that Foles struggled with all year. If he wasn't concussed, I still thought we could win. On a side note, teams call us dirty, SMH. Is there a limit on the number of times you can call a late hit, or cheap shot?

Honestly, the game went as I expected with his first start, and the OL.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I didn't come right out and say it, but I think I expressed the sentiment that we had bad QB play today. That said, I'm willing to give Keenum a couple more looks before I close the book on his prospects for the year. We gave Foles half a season, so I think we can afford to give Keenum another game or two.

Exactly this.

Why?
  • It was his first start and there were obvious throws that were mistimed or bad routes. He had one week's practise with the ones.
  • He was playing concussed the last drive.
  • It was in the swirling wind. Did anyone notice the passes were off on both sides of the ball? His stats were as good as Flacco's, extrapolating out the opportunities, and with no INTs to two.
  • Putting anyone behind this line will make for bad play and he did scramble well.
  • Fumbles killed this game, not Keenum. If you give him the ball back four times, Rams win.
Besides, your other option is throw a kid out there that has zero NFL experience, has not taken a snap with the ones, barely takes a snap with the second squad, behind a horrid o-line. It won't work and it could be terrible for Mannion's career.

Last edited:

Schmitzer

UDFA
Give me the names of two or three GM's that you think are superior to Les Snead in the last 4 years.

Not blaming Snead - I think it's more of either a scouting issue, or a disconnect between the strengths of the players we bring in and our coaching staff's abilities to maximize their talent.

But, I see your point - to be fair - I did leave out some really good picks on the defensive side. Not where my mind is right now, so easy to forget Gaines, Jenkins, Johnson, Ogletree.

maximus

Rookie
That noodle arm won't take the team anywhere.

Defenses will learn to keep him in the pocket where he can't see over the line.

An exercise in futility.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Keenum was as terrible as Foles had been before his benching. I like this offense more with Foles running it, and given how badly he played the past couple weeks that's saying a lot.

But, you know, I'm not going to question Fish for making that change. He actually held someone on the offense accountable, which is a good thing. It's just too bad he can't hold Cook accountable for all his errors yesterday, whiffing on blocks like usual. Cook is Cook because of Fisher enabling his BS and it's not going to stop until he gets some bench time for his poor play.

Rhaney also needs to not see the field for a while. He was terrible yesterday. Yeah, I know, pickings are slim with the injuries. But I'd still sit Rhaney, the dude is a liability.

Last but not least Fish might need to fire Cigs here very soon and give Boras or Wienke or anyone else a shot. Accountability. It's a b!t#h.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It was in the swirling wind. Did anyone notice the passes were off on both sides of the ball?
The one that stood out to me was the deep ball thrown to Britt that was "underthrown".
He threw that ball with every bit of his body, and it just flat out died 6 feet in front of Britt.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The one that stood out to me was the deep ball thrown to Britt that was "underthrown".
He threw that ball with every bit of his body, and it just flat out died 6 feet in front of Britt.
To me it was the Tucker, kick, that looked perfect, and then got pushed to the right.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That noodle arm won't take the team anywhere.

Defenses will learn to keep him in the pocket where he can't see over the line.

An exercise in futility.
He doesn't have a noodle arm - like, at all.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...hts-case-keenum-chris-givens-touchdown-082415

There were some funky wind conditions going on in that stadium. So much so, that the special teams coach for the Ravens told his kicker to do exactly the opposite of what the flags on the uprights were telling him. If they were blowing to the right, he had to kick to the right, because the winds changed direction on the way TO the flags. And I wouldn't worry about him not being able to see over the line. It's not a problem for Brees, and it's not a problem for Keenum who's a full inch taller.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Wind or lack of arm strength? Because his arm strength didn't seem to be an issue when I watched training camp. In fact quite the opposite.

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...hts-case-keenum-chris-givens-touchdown-082415

There were some funky wind conditions going on in that stadium. So much so, that the special teams coach for the Ravens told his kicker to do exactly the opposite of what the flags on the uprights were telling him. If they were blowing to the right, he had to kick to the right, because the winds changed direction on the way TO the flags. And I wouldn't worry about him not being able to see over the line. It's not a problem for Brees, and it's not a problem for Keenum who's a full inch taller.

In that pass to Givens, he stood at our 11 yard line and dropped it in the basket at the opposing 38 yard line. 51 yards in the air does not equal a noodle arm, that's for sure. I think we may just have some hope for some kind of offense in the EJD or fair weather outside if he doesn't get benched after the beatdown next week.

Season's all but cooked, no real hope left, but I'm not giving up on Keenum with swirling wind and 4 fumbles in his first start. He could at least prove to be a worthwhile keeper as a backup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wind or lack of arm strength? Because his arm strength didn't seem to be an issue when I watched training camp. In fact quite the opposite.
Wind. It was only 46 yards in the air, and I've seen him throw further than that quite a few times.

maximus

Rookie

Foles was also throwing into a very strong wind in Minn, such a strong wind that Fisher was afraid to kick a 35 yarder into it, but the ball did not end up dead 6 feet in front of Britt, it ended up right on Britt for a 55 yard completion.

Not a problem for Keenum? Full inch taller? I very much doubt that. There is a reason Keenum likes so much to get out of the pocket.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Me too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Foles was also throwing into a very strong wind in Minn, such a strong wind that Fisher was afraid to kick a 35 yarder into it, but the ball did not end up dead 6 feet in front of Britt, it ended up right on Britt for a 55 yard completion.

Not a problem for Keenum? Full inch taller? I very much doubt that. There is a reason Keenum likes so much to get out of the pocket.
I'm not sure why you'd want to debate something on the record. He's 6'1, and Brees is 6'0 (on a good day). The wind in Minnesota was north to south. In certain quarters it worked in your favor, and in other quarters it worked against you. The announcers made it a point to talk about the wind conditions in Baltimore, and how they were 'swirling', so that too is on record. But if you're intent upon being against all things Keenum, then just say it. Don't tell me I'm being disingenuous about stuff - it's annoying.

maximus

Rookie
I'm not sure why you'd want to debate something on the record. He's 6'1, and Brees is 6'0 (on a good day). The wind in Minnesota was north to south. In certain quarters it worked in your favor, and in other quarters it worked against you. The announcers made it a point to talk about the wind conditions in Baltimore, and how they were 'swirling', so that too is on record. But if you're intent upon being against all things Keenum, then just say it. Don't tell me I'm being disingenuous about stuff - it's annoying.

Nick+Foles.jpg

6729-nick-foles-drew-brees.jpg

If there is one guy who has a inch over the other, it is Brees over Keenum, not the other way around

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
All the spill off is annoying. I thought we had a vent thread. I thought people were supposed to respect the rules. I know, very detailed, clear examples, and the whole existence of this forum, have been posted, over, and over.

I understand fans being pissed off. If you want to throw flammables into a burning fire, do it at the fire, not here. Too much spill off. I don't know what threads to open, and contribute.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There are pictures of Foles with Brees and Keenum.
Dude. What do you want from me?

Keenum is 6'1 (as I said) and Brees is 6'0 (as I said).
Are you now arguing just to win an argument about nothing?

Fine. I relent. Keenum is 5'7 despite every statistical gathering site saying he's 6 foot one.

FFS.