Case Keenum 3-1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see no one in here rooting against him. Not a single one.

All I've seen are fair criticisms and how he shouldn't just be handed a starters job on a handful of games with, no matter how you slice it, mediocre production. Yes, he's won. Again, Foles had these same type of numbers/game. The difference has been better execution b/c Foles literally was the worst QB in the league when playing. Tim Tebow may very well have looked better than Foles. That's how bad he was.

It's nice to win a few games. Would have been nicer to have seen Keenum start after the GB game. We've seen this same show with Case before. Won 2 straight for HOU out of the blue, then was jettisoned again.

Love that dude's fire as a QB, but we've suffered long enough at the QB position to "have faith." Bring on a rookie, and let the rook, Keenum and Mannion battle it out.

I'm totally fine with a camp battle, I just want Keenum extended first. He'll wax any green horn or new journeyman in camp. I'll put him up against anybody we can get our hands on.

Fair? We good? (y)

(And if we don't resign him... I will flat lose my stuff. :D)

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
o_O

5-3. He lost every single game he started in 2013. Won 2 games in 2014 and 3 now.

Ok, I heard somebody say that and didn't fact check. You got me there.

But still, 4 straight. :D

Athos

Legend
While I agree today's performance isn't going to win many any time the defense plays that well you don't have to try to be GSOT. Plenty of defensively dominant teams have won SBs.

There is always a trade up available just depends on how much you want to give up. I don't think there is a QB in this draft that is worth our first round pick and a another one to go with it but, I don't get any input.

Eh, I don't think many thought Bortles would have been worth a huge trade up either, or how Carr would start playing like a top 10 draft pick this year (though I wanted him in the 2nd after a trade up), or Bridgewater being worth a 1st after his sloppy pro-day (I know I poo-pooed him for that and I'm looking silly for it) but he's doing doing alright despite having a mediocre pass-catching corps, no thanks in part to the MASSIVE bust that is Patterson.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
All we needed was marginal QB play. The guy we traded for and signed to a contract extension before seeing him run the O against live bullets couldn't give that to us - and thus, the year of the Ram went down the crapper.

Still, we could really do for some improvement under center next year.

FRO

Legend
What mid range passes? Who's getting open consistently? I was amazed he found Benny on that third down. I know I saw Tavon and Kendricks drop a couple nice passes from that range you speak.
Well he isn't throwing the intermediate routes. Most of his passes are very short. He has done well. He isn't a starter though. Austin Davis started hot, but the more he played the more he got exposed. The same would happen to Keenum. He is a backup QB. No shame in that.

FRO

Legend
Cool, I guess that's why he was benched midseason. Wake me up when Davis wins four straight. He was a turnover machine. Please watch the 2014 @ARZ game. You'll want to break whatever screen you're watching it from. Davis was awful when under pressure. That's still true today.
Davis getting benched midseason is the whole point. He played well at the beginning, but the more he played the more he got exposed. Keenum has done fine of limiting mistakes. He has proven to be a good backup.

FRO

Legend
All we needed was marginal QB play. The guy we traded for and signed to a contract extension before seeing him run the O against live bullets couldn't give that to us - and thus, the year of the Ram went down the crapper.

Still, we could really do for some improvement under center next year.
If anything this underscores how bad Foles was.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Well he isn't throwing the intermediate routes. Most of his passes are very short. He has done well. He isn't a starter though. Austin Davis started hot, but the more he played the more he got exposed. The same would happen to Keenum. He is a backup QB. No shame in that.

Disagree, but I think you know that.

Davis getting benched midseason is the whole point. He played well at the beginning, but the more he played the more he got exposed. Keenum has done fine of limiting mistakes. He has proven to be a good backup.

There is no "exposing" Keenum. He handles the blitz really well and I'd love to see what he does with more time. He has the team behind him and I expect some weapons to be acquired this offseason.

And BTW, Davis should have been benched sooner. Fisher was loyal.

FRO

Legend
Disagree, but I think you know that.

There is no "exposing" Keenum. He handles the blitz really well and I'd love to see what he does with more time. He has the team behind him and I expect some weapons to be acquired this offseason.

And BTW, Davis should have been benched sooner. Fisher was loyal.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Let's enjoy this win. We have all offseason to argue.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
More like the cleanest shirt in the dirty pile.

But the nicest shirt in our wardrobe unless the Mannion line comes in next year or a draft pick the year after!

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I hope Keenum is on the team next year, sure maybe draft or bring in another guy for a competiton, but Keenum makes smart decisions and I think with time and some moves to upgrade the offense this off season, we might have something with him.

I'm not sold as him being "the guy" yet, but for now, he has earned a shot at getting that opportunity.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure Mannion moves half as well as Keenum. Dude is a pocket passer. Not sure he has the poise to stand in there. We'll see... someday.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
And Fisher also went 13-3 one year with Kerry Collins at QB, the way his teams play Keenum or whoever doesn't have to be incredible to make it work, just somewhat adequate.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Eh, I don't think many thought Bortles would have been worth a huge trade up either, or how Carr would start playing like a top 10 draft pick this year (though I wanted him in the 2nd after a trade up), or Bridgewater being worth a 1st after his sloppy pro-day (I know I poo-pooed him for that and I'm looking silly for it) but he's doing doing alright despite having a mediocre pass-catching corps, no thanks in part to the MASSIVE bust that is Patterson.
I hear you but you just never know. It's like betting even those sure picks blow up in your face sometimes and those long odd come through once in a while.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Davis couldn't handle the blitz. Huge difference with Case.

This is an interesting point. I never considered it. My only gripe about Davis was the 3 INT's he had in 2 games versus the 49ers and the Cardinals ; they were all the same situation. He rolled to his right, had a receiver near the sideline 15 yards down field. There is a defender with underneath coverage. He attempts to throw the ball to the receiver with no air under it in order to get by the defender.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
This is an interesting point. I never considered it. My only gripe about Davis was the 3 INT's he had in 2 games versus the 49ers and the Cardinals ; they were all the same situation. He rolled to his right, had a receiver near the sideline 15 yards down field. There is a defender with underneath coverage. He attempts to throw the ball to the receiver with no air under it in order to get by the defender.

KC game was awful too. Under through a wide open Britt and took a horrid sack in the first half. To to mention the ugly double coverage pick. Yeah, awful.