Case Keenum 3-1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Man

Rookie
I don't think the 49er game will be a good one for the Rams passing game. The Rams game plan will be to not throw the ball AT ALL and rightly so. For those looking to the 49er game to get a better picture, one way or another, of Keenum's abilities, I think you will be disappointed.

The 49ers are tied for last in most rushing TD's allowed (19 TD's allowed-by way of reference the Jets are first in the league with only 2 rushing TD's allowed).Teams know about the 49er's weakness against the run and consequently run the ball against them constantly. 49ers are run against more than any other team (471 rushing attempts against) save for Miami (475 rushing attempts against). The 49ers have given up only 21 passing TD's this year (tied for 8th best along with other good pass defenses including Carolina and Seattle) although that low total is partially because teams run so much more against them.

You are going to see a Rams offense that calls a 15-16 pass plays all game. They will pass only in 3rd an long situations where it is more or less required. That's the best game plan to win. Bottom line is the game is likely to tell you nothing you don't already know about Keenum.

maddogmrb

UDFA
Name
maddogmrb
Because skill-sets at the QB position tie directly to the flippin draft slot!

And what skillset does Keenum have exactly?

Decent mobility, an average at BEST arm? He's a solid QB.

I want more.

You are correct in that physical skill sets are related to draft position. I also agree with you about Case's physical skill set. However, what separates pro QB's is not as much the physical skill set as the mental. Can you tell me that Case's physical skill set is that much different than Ken Stabler, Fran Tarkenton, Russell Wilson, Joe Montana, John Unitas, and others? Of course Case isn't at the level of those guys but he is just now getting his chance and I, for one, believe he could possibly get there. Of course, the optimum is having both the physical and mental skill sets like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady; but we all know those are rare. More common are the Eli Mannings, Jay Cutlers, David Carrs, etc.

maddogmrb

UDFA
Name
maddogmrb
Because history? The higher a guy is picked, the more likely it is that he has a skill set that can translate into being a great QB.

It would be something if Case visibly had something skill set wise that would set him apart from what we have seen in the past, but I just don't see what separates Case from a lot of other journeyman types.

Per my previous post I agreed that a guys physical skill sets get him drafted higher. However, there are as many busts or mediocre highly drafted QB's with great physical skills as there are really good ones. What I believe, along with others, that will separate Case from other journeyman type QB's is not his physical skill set but his mental skill set.

maddogmrb

UDFA
Name
maddogmrb

Because Foles was the anointed one. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for competition at all positions, but don't discount Case unless he isn't given a fair shot to earn the position as was the situation in Houston and this year in St. Louis because of the investment in Foles.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
How so? Because the Rams hit on a UDFA and a 6 rounder a decade+ ago? How many day 3 types have gone through this team and the league since then? You focus only on the hits yet neglect the Jamie Martins and Keith Nulls of the league and of this team. History supports finding franchise type QBs by picking earlier, not later. Look at the current starting QBs now. Most are day one or day two picks.

History says you are in denial and need to believe in Keenum.

But seriously, all this talk about QB's. I for one don't really think that's the issue anymore.

Athos

Legend

But seriously, all this talk about QB's. I for one don't really think that's the issue anymore.

There's so many things wrong with this statement that I'll save myself time and let others tear it apart.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Keenum obviously sucks for many reasons. Obviously we need a real QB to win consecutive games. Wins are what a QB is judged from, after all. That one loss to BAL far outweighs Keenum's comsecutivr wins of TB, DET, and in SEA. He may as well be 1-3. Any QB we draft will be better than him and Mannnion. It's so true it's laughable that there is any opposition. I know all this because I'm such a great football mind and all should take notes when they read what I say. It's so obvious we need a real QB that isn't a white Russel Wilson. We have to have a QB that is 6' 6" with a cannon and perfect protection before we stand a small chance. I know everyone agrees because we know football so well, obviously.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
There's so many things wrong with this statement that I'll save myself time and let others tear it apart.

There are so many things wrong with your response I'll save everyone some time and let you know you're being a total dick

* edited - sorry

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Oh. Lord!

Keenum obviously sucks for many reasons. Obviously we need a real QB to win consecutive games. Wins are what a QB is judged from, after all. That one loss to BAL far outweighs Keenum's comsecutivr wins of TB, DET, and in SEA. He may as well be 1-3. Any QB we draft will be better than him and Mannnion. It's so true it's laughable that there is any opposition. I know all this because I'm such a great football mind and all should take notes when they read what I say. It's so obvious we need a real QB that isn't a white Russel Wilson. We have to have a QB that is 6' 6" with a cannon and perfect protection before we stand a small chance. I know everyone agrees because we know football so well, obviously.
Alright. Let's cool it. I don't exactly agree with 28's statement that QB is no longer an issue but debate it - don't be simply dismissive nor an ass to other members.