Case Keenum 3-1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
he is a back up who can manage a game IMO, He is not going to carry a team like a really good QB can do, but he also wont make you lose because of his play. worth keeping and giving a shot at #1 in TC but to win the job i hope he steps up his game alot, these wins are as much because of the defense as they are because of his play.

Athos

Legend
I hear what you are saying but have to say I really don't care about the individual stats.

This was the first Rams' win in Seattle in 10 years and Keenum was the guy playing QB. That automatically earns him an extension and a chance to win the starting job next year as far as I'm concerned.

Except, our D isn't always going to hold teams to 10 points the entire game. And guys are vastly underrating what the D did today as opposed to every other time we lost up the Hagville since Fisher joined the ranks.

In 2012: We gave up 20 and lost, holding a lead for only 1 quarter.
In 2013: We gave up 27, 13 1st half points.
In 2014: We gave up 20, had a 6 pt lead at half, but flubbed on O and D the rest of the wya.
In 2015: We score 9 1st half points on O, but get the Fumble 6 and the D never gives up the lead except for a garbage time TD

123.5 yards/game isn't going to get it done long term. We were getting that from Foles and going nowhere, which only got worse when he started to turn the ball over. Keenum has kept a hold of the ball, thankfully, in only turning it over once, but for ALL THE GD BELLYACHING BY "CHECK-DOWN SAMMY," Keenum is averaging under 6 yards/completion outside of his one game against TB's piss poor pass D.

It looks like we may have our new backup QB, but if Snisher let's Keenum's small sample size, much like Foles' small sample size, fool em twice over without even considering a rookie QB if Cook/Wentz/trade-up possibility exists, I'm going to be very annoyed.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He also was more productive. Keenum isn't the answer. He has had time to prove he is, he isn't. He is a solid back up QB.

What was Davis's record? Please enlighten me.

How many TO's did he have?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Foles was awful and Keenum is not and that makes him the prettiest bell at the ball, and to complain that he didn't throw for enough yards while beating the Seaturds on the road is really short sighted.
The problem isn't Keenum's throwing but the WRs and TEs dropping the ball and getting almost no yards after the catch when they do manage to hold onto the ball.

He isn't perfect but hes good enough to win with. Get him some help!

jap

Legend
he is a back up who can manage a game IMO, He is not going to carry a team like a really good QB can do, but he also wont make you lose because of his play. worth keeping and giving a shot at #1 in TC but to win the job i hope he steps up his game alot, these wins are as much because of the defense as they are because of his play.

Yes, Case is a good backup QB. A good backup QB does not lose games: they tend to manage very efficiently.

FRO

Legend

When QBs start playing special teams, defense, and make coaching decisions I'll count it as a stat. QBs do should not get rewarded or punished for a team record.

Keenum isn't consistently hitting those mid range passes. Most of his stuff is close to the line of scrimmage and the occasional deep pass. He has made some nice passes. He has done very well as a backup. 3/4 of his starts the offense has scored under 20 points and he has thrown under 200 yards. He isn't getting in the way of winning like Foles was, but he isn't the long term answer either.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Not sure you can say Jrry32 is a bandwagon type of guy....and he has a good point to boot

His point is simple, Keenum isn't good enough. I think he clearly is.

And boy he's has a nice deep ball. It was on display in Preseason and he's doing it now. Tavon Shoulda fought Sherman for that ball a little more and he gets a PI.

And outside of Britt, our WO's have done absolutely nothing for weeks. That's a problem, clearly our biggest hole. Get Case some weapons!

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
When QBs start playing special teams, defense, and make coaching decisions I'll count it as a stat. QBs do should not get rewarded or punished for a team record.

Keenum isn't consistently hitting those mid range passes. Most of his stuff is close to the line of scrimmage and the occasional deep pass. He has made some nice passes. He has done very well as a backup. 3/4 of his starts the offense has scored under 20 points and he has thrown under 200 yards. He isn't getting in the way of winning like Foles was, but he isn't the long term answer either.

What mid range passes? Who's getting open consistently? I was amazed he found Benny on that third down. I know I saw Tavon and Kendricks drop a couple nice passes from that range you speak.

Athos

Legend

He "won" 3 games, just like Keenum's won 3 games. Beat the Hags, TB, and SF @ SF. Would have beat DAL had the D not coughed up a 21 point lead, almost finished off the greatest NFL comeback ever against Philly, but yes, was pretty much garbage in every other game.

Wish we could have seen Keenum against ARZ and CIN, but we didn't. Dunno how people wanna let themselves get duped at the QB position again.

He's earning his right to compete for the starter's role. If he's handed it, Fisher should be fired. But eh, we're all running out of reasons/hypotheticals as to why Fisher should be gone so.

TexasRam

Legend
Keenum played extremely well. He was decisive every throw and was accurate. He stood tall in the pocket.

He was helped by a lot of defensive turnovers and recoveries for the win. But he managed the game perfectly. Again.

Let's not forget Keenum had a few drops by Wr's or his stat line could have looked better.

More importantly, let's remember he is executing the Jeff Fisher approach which goes into safe mode any time there is a 2 score lead. And Keenum has no pro bowl Wr's to throw to.

The offense needs more talent and its not just QB. Keenum may be the next Alex Smith or Rixh Gannon. We know he's not Aaron Rodgers but th chances are there is no Elite Qb available in the offseason in FA or the draft.

Give me more lineman and some stud Wr's. I'll roll with Keenum unless there is some can't miss talent to be had.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
He "won" 3 games, just like Keenum's won 3 games. Beat the Hags, TB, and SF @ SF. Would have beat DAL had the D not coughed up a 21 point lead, almost finished off the greatest NFL comeback ever against Philly, but yes, was pretty much garbage in every other game.

Wish we could have seen Keenum against ARZ and CIN, but we didn't. Dunno how people wanna let themselves get duped at the QB position again.

He's earning his right to compete for the starter's role. If he's handed it, Fisher should be fired. But eh, we're all running out of reasons/hypotheticals as to why Fisher should be gone so.

Cool, I guess that's why he was benched midseason. Wake me up when Davis wins four straight. He was a turnover machine. Please watch the 2014 @ARZ game. You'll want to break whatever screen you're watching it from. Davis was awful when under pressure. That's still true today.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Keenum led the team to victory in Seattle for the first time in 10 years - let's rejoice

It's a disconnect for me if anyone says they are a Ram fan and can't be wholeheartedly rooting for the guy, despite all his so-called character flaws as a QB

Keenum is a fucking baller!!!!

None of us where born with all the intangibles like the Brady guy -- sometimes you need just sheer guts

Keenum has guts!!!!!!

Athos

Legend
Let us not forget that Gurley has also racked up 4 TDs in the 3 games when Keenum returned....

Yea, having the Todd helps.

Todd is the ONLY reason this offense can score still. The only reason, actually, we've been scoring TDs at all this season considering he single-handedly has as many offensive TDs by himself as the team has passing TDs.

I'd rather take pressure off of Gurley to see what he can really do with a quality, legit starting QB, to maximize HIS ability.

Still not seeing that with Keenum.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Keenum led the team to victory in Seattle for the first time in 10 years - let's rejoice

It's a disconnect for me if anyone says they are a Ram fan and can't be wholeheartedly rooting for the guy, despite all his so-called character flaws as a QB

Keenum is a freaking baller!!!!

None of us where born with all the intangibles like the Brady guy -- sometimes you need just sheer guts

Keenum has guts!!!!!!

Guts, mobility, accuracy, rarely misses a read, touch...

The guy has "IT"

Plus he's 7-1 his last 8 starts if I recall correctly. Keenum, above all, is a WINNER!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't want to get into it again. So I'll say my part and then leave. But I have a hard time calling the guy the answer when he had less than 150 yards passing in two of the three wins. He's not throwing games away like Foles did. But he's still not giving the Rams an effective offense.

He's a backup. Appreciate what he's done. It'll be nice to end the year on a high note. But we need a difference-maker at QB.

You have a keen sense of the obvious LOL.

But it's really the OL.........you doofclank.

Athos

Legend

Keenum is a freaking baller!!!!

Keenum has guts!!!!!!

I see no one in here rooting against him. Not a single one.

All I've seen are fair criticisms and how he shouldn't just be handed a starters job on a handful of games with, no matter how you slice it, mediocre production. Yes, he's won. Again, Foles had these same type of numbers/game. The difference has been better execution b/c Foles literally was the worst QB in the league when playing. Tim Tebow may very well have looked better than Foles. That's how bad he was.

It's nice to win a few games. Would have been nicer to have seen Keenum start after the GB game. We've seen this same show with Case before. Won 2 straight for HOU out of the blue, then was jettisoned again.

Love that dude's fire as a QB, but we've suffered long enough at the QB position to "have faith." Bring on a rookie, and let the rook, Keenum and Mannion battle it out.

Athos

Legend
Guts, mobility, accuracy, rarely misses a read, touch...

The guy has "IT"

Plus he's 7-1 his last 8 starts if I recall correctly. Keenum, above all, is a WINNER!

o_O

5-3. He lost every single game he started in 2013. Won 2 games in 2014 and 3 now.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum gets another chance in San Fran next week. If he plays great, he is our starter going into next year. If he doesn't... bring in the best QB you can find and let them all compete. He may not have had great stats today in Seattle, but he helped the Rams win, and that's all that counts! His confidence and comfort level in this offense has to be growing, and hopefully we see more of that next week. We still don't know how good this guy can be. He kinda reminds me of Alex Smith.

RamWoodie

Legend
Keenum did ok...but let's be real...he's not the answer long term. He's a decent back up though. He could have done better if the playcall was more diversified and sought to use Britt and Quick more, mixing it up with short passes.

It's mind boggling why the Rams won't integrate those guys more into the short passing game. It's common sense that diverse play calls set up other plays and keep a defense of balance,

OC is a critical need.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It looks like we may have our new backup QB, but if Snisher let's Keenum's small sample size, much like Foles' small sample size, fool em twice over without even considering a rookie QB if Cook/Wentz/trade-up possibility exists, I'm going to be very annoyed.
While I agree today's performance isn't going to win many any time the defense plays that well you don't have to try to be GSOT. Plenty of defensively dominant teams have won SBs.

There is always a trade up available just depends on how much you want to give up. I don't think there is a QB in this draft that is worth our first round pick and a another one to go with it but, I don't get any input.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I see no one in here rooting against him. Not a single one.

All I've seen are fair criticisms and how he shouldn't just be handed a starters job on a handful of games with, no matter how you slice it, mediocre production. Yes, he's won. Again, Foles had these same type of numbers/game. The difference has been better execution b/c Foles literally was the worst QB in the league when playing. Tim Tebow may very well have looked better than Foles. That's how bad he was.

It's nice to win a few games. Would have been nicer to have seen Keenum start after the GB game. We've seen this same show with Case before. Won 2 straight for HOU out of the blue, then was jettisoned again.

Love that dude's fire as a QB, but we've suffered long enough at the QB position to "have faith." Bring on a rookie, and let the rook, Keenum and Mannion battle it out.

Fair enough
Keenum, Mannion, and a 1st round Rook would be correct
Still like Keenum over unknown quantities