Case Keenum 3-1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
His only loss coming against BAL and we all know we gave up that 11 point lead going into the fourth.

I have no doubt we need to extend him and Boras. These two are the answer, let Mannion grow, their records speak for themselves.

And yeah, I expressed this before the SEA game.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
His only loss coming against BAL and we all know we gave up that 11 point lead going into the fourth.

I have no doubt we need to extend him and Boras. These two are the answer, let Mannion grow, their records speak for themselves.

Never thought I'd say this but you may beright

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't want to get into it again. So I'll say my part and then leave. But I have a hard time calling the guy the answer when he had less than 150 yards passing in two of the three wins. He's not throwing games away like Foles did. But he's still not giving the Rams an effective offense.

He's a backup. Appreciate what he's done. It'll be nice to end the year on a high note. But we need a difference-maker at QB.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm with Jerry.
We just can't go into next season counting on our defense to win games for us.

We need a guy that can keep defenses off the los, to give Gurley some breathing room.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't want to get into it again. So I'll say my part and then leave. But I have a hard time calling the guy the answer when he had less than 150 yards passing in two of the three wins. He's not throwing games away like Foles did. But he's still not giving the Rams an effective offense.

He's a backup. Appreciate what he's done. It'll be nice to end the year on a high note. But we need a difference-maker at QB.
I hear what you are saying but have to say I really don't care about the individual stats.

This was the first Rams' win in Seattle in 10 years and Keenum was the guy playing QB. That automatically earns him an extension and a chance to win the starting job next year as far as I'm concerned.

rams2050

Starter
He might not be THE answer but he did pretty well today. He threw some very nice passes and he made no truly egregious mistakes, or none that I can remember right off the top of my head. I think working with Chris Weinke may have really helped him. No need to toss him away; he is doing well -- at least compared with what we've had in the recent past.

khel72

Rookie

Agreed. Gurley can never reach his true potential without a passing game that is at least respected if not feared. 103 yards passing is not making teams respect the passing game. They will continue to load the box. Is Gurley going to get his? Yes but not nearly as much as if we had a average or above passing game

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I would love to borrow a #1 receiver for the niners game to see what Keenum would look like. Balldwin would do.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

He beats SEA in SEA and still you hold our. Goodness. Ok, the bandwagon will be waiting. (y)

How about getting him a true go-to WO? We don't have one but Britt is developing chemistry with Keenum.

khel72

Rookie
I would love to borrow a #1 receiver for the niners game to see what Keenum would look like. Balldwin would do.
That is another MAJOR problem moving forward. Even a great QB would have issues with this receiving group. No consistent separation, not to mention drops

FRO

Legend
Remember when Austin Davis played well to start out last year? Same type of player. He is a back up caliber QB.

Mick

Pro Bowler
He beats SEA in SEA and still you hold our. Goodness. Ok, the bandwagon will be waiting. (y)

How about getting him a true go-to WO? We don't have one but Britt is developing chemistry with Keenum.
Not sure you can say Jrry32 is a bandwagon type of guy....and he has a good point to boot

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
All I can say is Keenum is a Ram
and he is winning
He's my guy until Dan Freakin' Marino walks through this door

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Davis couldn't handle the blitz. Huge difference with Case.
Right on

Keenum played fearless in the toughest stadium to play as a visitor in. Oh and I believe I heard it was their highest attendance ever.

With Davis it was a matter of hiding his flaws. With Keenum it appears they can build on what he's doing.

Not saying he's the next franchise qb but he's certainly worth bringing to camp next year

jap

Legend
When Case is consistently completing mid-range to long passes and forcing the defense to drop back extra DB's to stop him, then it makes sense to talk about him as a legitimate starter. When defenses are forced to play honest against our passer, then the Gurley Express! will be challenging 2000-2100 yards in season.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Not the answer and anyone who believes that is nuts. That said I like him as a back-up here. He has been effective in that role.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Keenum is any kind of answer, unless you're talking about as a backup QB. But yeah, I'll give the guy the credit he deserves, he's done a good job playing well enough for the Rams to win since he's gotten the starting nod.

Same thing with Boras. I don't know if he's the answer at OC either. I'm sure Fish considers him to be, granted, but I'm not quite convinced yet. In his favor the OL has looked very good since he took over, might have a lot to do with how well Wichmann's playing but the whole unit overall looks far better prepared for each opponent and mistakes seem to be way down with fewer whiffs and unblocked rushers.