Cardinals cut Michael Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
.217 BAC and this isn't his 1st offense?
That's disgusting
I cant applaud New England, I think its a disgrace that anyone would give the kid a shot.
Dude was asleep at the wheel at an intersection.
Should be out of the league IMO

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Tams resigned Brian Quick.
Are you insinuating Quick is the worst receiver?
I can't believe after this season people STILL want Quick off the team...Lots of problems with the receiving core...IMO, Brian Quick is the least of them. IMO he's the 2nd best receiver...true receiver...on the team. With continued work, he'll be the best. He needs more targets with his playing time now....

.21 is different in everyone...some people function well at .2 and some guys are nuts at .04 It all depends on your tolerance.
I'd bet he was also under the influence of pain meds of some sort to have him asleep like that.
Again...you know medically they SAY alcoholism is a disease. But we still treat this illness as a personal choice and blame/punish the individual.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't believe after this season people STILL want Quick off the team...Lots of problems with the receiving core...IMO, Brian Quick is the least of them. IMO he's the 2nd best receiver...true receiver...on the team. With continued work, he'll be the best. He needs more targets with his playing time now....

.21 is different in everyone...some people function well at .2 and some guys are nuts at .04 It all depends on your tolerance.
I'd bet he was also under the influence of pain meds of some sort to have him asleep like that.
Again...you know medically they SAY alcoholism is a disease. But we still treat this illness as a personal choice and blame/punish the individual.
Calling BS on this man. Nobody handles .217. In order to be "tolerant" at that number you'd have to have constant alcohol in the blood. I cant imagine how much alcohol he would have consumed to hit that number
Alcoholism is a disease IMO, with no cure other than abstinence. But that doesn't absolve one from their actions while under the influence.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

-- Totally disagree -- he misses to many balls.He has made some big plays this year for sure. I just don't think he is in the future.How long is he signed for ??
What about Kenny Britt ??
I guess my question would be how do you go with next season ???
1.Austin is signed for 4 years :-( ( sad if he does not get better as a wr)
2. Britt is a FA
3.Quick if signed for next year then you have to keep him.

----Right now it is all about the future & giving rookies experience.Thomas & Cooper need playing time !!!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Only if Thomas could catch. 8 targets 2 Receptions and 1 Drop.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ahhh my friend dieterbrock..tolerance is also another medical certainty....Some guys/gals can walk around at .2 and function. And if they don't get their .2, I'd watch out.
I hear that. But they are under the influence and are heavily impaired even if they appear to be holding their own.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Not true. Not all people will react to the same amount of alcohol. Chronic drinkers can appear sober at higher BAC. But there is little legal evidence to protect them if they are over the rated limit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
-- Totally disagree -- he misses to many balls.He has made some big plays this year for sure. I just don't think he is in the future.How long is he signed for ??
What about Kenny Britt ??
I guess my question would be how do you go with next season ???
1.Austin is signed for 4 years :-( ( sad if he does not get better as a wr)
2. Britt is a FA
3.Quick if signed for next year then you have to keep him.

----Right now it is all about the future & giving rookies experience.Thomas & Cooper need playing time !!!
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/.../sort/receivingYards/qualified/false/count/41
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/los-an...ECEIVING&opp=0&sort=2&qualified=0&sortOrder=0
https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/
Check out those names on various drop lists...Some pretty good ones too..Cause drops happen..I see some interesting Ram names too, just not Brian Quicks...Take what you will from these...all drops are not created equally. But from different rating sites, you get a picture of who's known or perceived to be known as having terrible hands.
On 68 targets, Quick has 39 catches. Not great...But his 14.3 ypc is pretty damn good. I still don't see all the, "he misses too many balls..." Again perception, but is it reality???
He signed a 1 year deal...His deal is up at the end of the season. Should be relatively inexpensive to keep. Not like Britt, who is also in the last year of his 3 year deal...
Cooper & Thomas are getting valuable experience. Should they play more? Based on the results so far, I doubt it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not true. Not all people will react to the same amount of alcohol. Chronic drinkers can appear sober at higher BAC. But there is little legal evidence to protect them if they are over the rated limit.
Floyd was asleep at the wheel at a traffic light and couldn't be woken up. I don't need to argue the semantics of how one person reacts at a high BAC, when clearly Floyd had no right to be behind the wheel.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Floyd was asleep at the wheel at a traffic light and couldn't be woken up. I don't need to argue the semantics of how one person reacts at a high BAC, when clearly Floyd had no right to be behind the wheel.
I was not referencing him in particular but the argument that was thrown around that some people can function at a high BAC. I got my information from Emergency room reports on when they can release a patient. They were originally allowed to go by appearance whether patient appeared in full control or was still under the influence. The now have to always test current BAC because judgment has proven incapable of knowing the BAC, and releasing a patient who is over the legal limit of BAC is not allowed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was not referencing him in particular but the argument that was thrown around that some people can function at a high BAC. I got my information from Emergency room reports on when they can release a patient. They were originally allowed to go by appearance whether patient appeared in full control or was still under the influence. The now have to always test current BAC because judgment has proven incapable of knowing the BAC, and releasing a patient who is over the legal limit of BAC is not allowed.
Whoops, my bad. You were actually backing up what I was alluding to. Good grief, I'm an idiot.
Better check my BAC....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/.../sort/receivingYards/qualified/false/count/41
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/los-an...ECEIVING&opp=0&sort=2&qualified=0&sortOrder=0
https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/
Check out those names on various drop lists...Some pretty good ones too..Cause drops happen..I see some interesting Ram names too, just not Brian Quicks...Take what you will from these...all drops are not created equally. But from different rating sites, you get a picture of who's known or perceived to be known as having terrible hands.
On 68 targets, Quick has 39 catches. Not great...But his 14.3 ypc is pretty damn good. I still don't see all the, "he misses too many balls..." Again perception, but is it reality???
He signed a 1 year deal...His deal is up at the end of the season. Should be relatively inexpensive to keep. Not like Britt, who is also in the last year of his 3 year deal...
Cooper & Thomas are getting valuable experience. Should they play more? Based on the results so far, I doubt it.

In all respect !!! I'll be happy with Fassel
Giving the young players a chance.

Chase is out & Quick should be to. It is about Ram players & The Future !!!
Those guys are out of town .

Welcome New Players LA !! The losing has 2 stop

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I do welcome new players:grouphug:....the ones with talent (y):yess:

Playing them & giving experience is the only way you find out. I think Copper will have a better career than Brian Quick when everything is said & done.

Thomas is a KR guy as well. These rookies have talent.

Didn't like the fumble that finished it for Fisher.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think Copper will have a better career than Brian Quick when everything is said & done.
Curious, who do you think is the better player right now? 3rd and 9, who you throwing to? Cooper or Quick?

Mike Thomas is the most talented rookie wr in my opinion as well...but from the fumbles & drops....dude isn't ready to contribute...I'd still get him in there...even throw his way..but I'd always expect something bad to happen.

oh yeah...pretty much everyone in the NFL has talent. How do we get that talent to perform is the challenge.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

Bingo.

That .217 was over two hours after the arrest iirc. The body processes all alcohol in eight hours I believe, which means his BAC at the time of arrest could've been significantly higher.

It's not only irresponsible behavior, but completely reckless and inconsiderate of other people's lives.

I don't want players like him on my team. But I'm sure he'll get a nice big contract somewhere else. I mean yeah he's a scumbag, but the kid is athletic as hell and can catch a ball!

Another reason why AJ Green is my favorite receiver in the league, next to Larry Fitz. Keep it classy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Curious, who do you think is the better player right now? 3rd and 9, who you throwing to? Cooper or Quick?

Mike Thomas is the most talented rookie wr in my opinion as well...but from the fumbles & drops....dude isn't ready to contribute...I'd still get him in there...even throw his way..but I'd always expect something bad to happen.

oh yeah...pretty much everyone in the NFL has talent. How do we get that talent to perform is the challenge.

I have to go with Fassel on Thomas. He plays special teams for a reason. I think his comfort level will make a huge difference.

I'll take Copper over Quick easily on 3rd down & The QB throws short of the marker.He has great power & feel for YAC in traffic.
Quick is a bigger WR that can use his size, but doesn't do it that often. Maybe it is the lack of protection.
--- I think you will see a big difference in these next 2 games.-- Gurley might breakout for 100 yards finally today.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I have to go with Fassel on Thomas. He plays special teams for a reason. I think his comfort level will make a huge difference.

I'll take Copper over Quick easily on 3rd down & The QB throws short of the marker.He has great power & feel for YAC in traffic.
Quick is a bigger WR that can use his size, but doesn't do it that often.
Just saw Fassel on a show with Jim Hill...I think the rookies will be getting their chances the next two games.

Cooper over Quick....ok

Late note: Michael Floyd is gonna suit up and play for the Pats today....Coaching matters?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just saw Fassel on a show with Jim Hill...I think the rookies will be getting their chances the next two games.

Cooper over Quick....ok

Late note: Michael Floyd is gonna suit up and play for the Pats today....Coaching matters?

Hey LA man , Have a Merry Merry Xmas !! Go Rams !!!

I thought Higbee would be better than he is !! Man he got blasted by Bennett !
-- I think he will be good as time goes.He just found out he is not as tough as he thought this season. Really like Hemingway's upside. Lance Kendrick has lost games for The Rams, even though he can be fairly solid.
Cory Harkey is on IR so look for the rookie TE's making a few nice plays.

Paul McRoberts 6'3 will get his chance as well.
-- who knows anything about Zach Laskey ?

Floyd goes to BelaCheat !! Perfect fit. Randy Moss sure was good there though.

Last edited: