Cardinals cut Michael Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
call me crazy, but not sure I get the love for this guy. He struggled to produce in an effective, pass happy and wr friendly offense. cant imagine hed do much of anything here. Not to mention hes a FA so doubt anyone picks him up with the season practically over and him having to learn a new playbook

More than double the yardage Quick has made in the same amount of time, and Az had Fitzgerald absorbing most of those receptions over the years.

Last edited:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
More than double the yardage Quick has made in the same amount of years, and Az has Fitzgerald.

not sure what Quick has to do with any of this. Floyd is at best a wr #2, and ill gladly take tavon over Floyd. Or if the new coaching staff wants to play Tavon in the slot ill still take Britt over Floyd as the #2 and keep that money open as they look for a #1

TexasRam

Legend
Floyd has been a disappointment in Arizona. A 50 catch 800 yard guy.

One 1000 yard year in 5 seasons.

Not exactly an impact Wr.

But regarding people making bad decisions to get behind the wheel
when drinking. That's what alcohol does.. Impairs judgement. That's why these knuckleheads get
Behind the wheel.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I don't think we will claim him but I think we should. Worst case scenario we release him or let him walk next year. This team should be looking to improve and needs to gamble a bit especially without a 1st round pick next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And we do play Arizona in 2 weeks so if Floyd sobers up by then, he can put a whoopin on the Cards for letting him go

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
So you claim him and he is just an FA in 3 games? Not even enough time to learn the system.

I would rather wait to see if he gets cut and then sign him to a two year deal with no guarantees in the second year. However does Snead even have the power to make that kind of decision on controversial guy like Floyd at this point.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
not sure what Quick has to do with any of this. Floyd is at best a wr #2, and ill gladly take tavon over Floyd. Or if the new coaching staff wants to play Tavon in the slot ill still take Britt over Floyd as the #2 and keep that money open as they look for a #1

I mention Quick because he has basically been our # 2 over the same timespan. Floyd has also been competing with the great Fitzgerald for receptions/yardage. Floyd will be cheaper than the inconsistent Britt, and as earlier stated, working with a potential like Jeffery as our # 1 next year and him the # 2 would transform our WR corps. As far as the playbook, the entire O will be learning a new one now that Fisher is history.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I sign him and get him a off-season rehab program and an Uber plan.

I can't believe these knuckleheads can't get it through their thick skull to call someone and give them a ride home. It's not like they can't afford it.

NFL players already have a free car service.

I can't believe there isn't a limo service that would take someone home while storing their car in a secured lot.

It's called Scooter Guy. They come drive you and your car home. Fully insured.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So you claim him and he is just an FA in 3 games? Not even enough time to learn the system.

I would rather wait to see if he gets cut and then sign him to a two year deal with no guarantees in the second year. However does Snead even have the power to make that kind of decision on controversial guy like Floyd at this point.

He was cut. If you wait for him to clear waivers, you may not have much of a shot at him as teams who already have him aboard have a better opportunity offering new contracts. I'd take him and just send him on post plays and two or three designed plays over these next 3 games. jmo.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Floyd has been a disappointment in Arizona. A 50 catch 800 yard guy.

One 1000 yard year in 5 seasons.

Not exactly an impact Wr.
And up until this year, that tops any of our WRs since 2007. I'm not advocating that the rams get him, but he would be an upgrade.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I mention Quick because he has basically been our # 2 over the same timespan. Floyd has also been competing with the great Fitzgerald for receptions/yardage. Floyd will be cheaper than the inconsistent Britt, and as earlier stated, working with a potential like Jeffery as our # 1 next year and him the # 2 would transform our WR corps. As far as the playbook, the entire O will be learning a new one now that Fisher is history.

except he didnt compete against Fitzgerald. Fitz was THE guy in that offense. Floyd competed against ppl like jaron brown, john brown, and jj nelson for balls, and he lost. Dude wasnt that good, except for a few flashes here and there. Theres a reason John Brown entered the season as the #2 over Floyd. Theres a reason guys like Jaron brown and jj nelson were able to get on the field and have productive games. Theres a reason why Arians called out Floyd a few times. The reason is because his hype far exceeded his production. Sure he has the talent needed to be a star, but he hasnt put together for a full season and thats with a very very very very good situation that he was in with that explosive offense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
U can claim him then transition tag him

Horrible idea sorry man. We would be paying him around $13 million for a transition tag. Floyd is a nice WR if he can stop being an idiot but that's way too much money for him. That would put him right behind AJ Green as the 6th highest paid WR and for a guy that averages about 50 catches a year yeah people thought we over paid for Tavon. This would be just as bad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Claim him then transition tag him in summer. Then go Get Jeffrey.

The transition tag is way more money than he deserves.

But yes, I agree with the people saying grab him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
except he didnt compete against Fitzgerald. Fitz was THE guy in that offense. Floyd competed against ppl like jaron brown, john brown, and jj nelson for balls, and he lost. Dude wasnt that good, except for a few flashes here and there. Theres a reason John Brown entered the season as the #2 over Floyd. Theres a reason guys like Jaron brown and jj nelson were able to get on the field and have productive games. Theres a reason why Arians called out Floyd a few times. The reason is because his hype far exceeded his production. Sure he has the talent needed to be a star, but he hasnt put together for a full season and thats with a very very very very good situation that he was in with that explosive offense.

All I can do is repeat what I said about our own # 2's numbers and Floyd's, ... and Floyd far more than doubled Quick's yardage and production in the same amount of time. Floyd isn't perfect, but he is much better than Quick, and that's who I have him penciled in as replacing. And while you choose to have Floyd competing with others for the # 2 position, I won't dismiss the fact that Floyd, when # 2, competed with one of the all time greats for what receptions & yardage did come his way. jmo.

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we claim him and he leaves and does well we would get a comp pic so thats a plus.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Claim him and then work on a new deal in the next couple weeks that's fair market value. If nothing works out, cya later.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hell no. I'd be pissed if we claimed Floyd and dropped a promising receiver for him. Two DUIs proves that he isn't going to change.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Grab Michael Floyd and Josh Gordon FREAKIN RIGHT NOW