Cardinals cut Michael Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I was going post, "Can he Catch? If so he's better than out two starting WR's.... but NE got him

Kidding me?!
giphy.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kinda pissed about this...oh well.

Dorial Green Beckham....naw...we don't trade for him...Justin Hunter...naw we don't pick him up off the wavier wire...and Mike Floyd...shoot me...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
means 30/31 other teams passed on him. clearly he wasnt a hot commodity

Or they were hoping he'd hit FA. That way, they could pressure him into signing through next year for a cheap amount.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Or they were hoping he'd hit FA. That way, they could pressure him into signing through next year for a cheap amount.

while some teams may have been interested if he cleared waivers, theres nothing stopping a team from claiming him and using that as a head start to a cheap new contract. either way you want to look at it, the demand wasnt high. maybe he matures and become a stud, who knows. But its clear as day there wasnt a line out the door waiting for his services

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
while some teams may have been interested if he cleared waivers, theres nothing stopping a team from claiming him and using that as a head start to a cheap new contract. either way you want to look at it, the demand wasnt high. maybe he matures and become a stud, who knows. But its clear as day there wasnt a line out the door waiting for his services

They can't pressure him into anything. He has 3 more games until he hits FA. Best shot to pressure him would have been him hitting FA now. Still doesn't offer a good shot at pressuring him.

And now people are saying that the Patsies get a comp pick if they let him walk after the year and somebody signs him. Fuck. Smart move by them, as always.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Dang it! Why can't we just do things right. Should have claimed him instantly.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A drunk driver with a bunch of cheaters. They deserve each other, and I hope that Floyd screws them over.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yea, I've seen quite a bit. He reminds me a bit of a young Britt. The talent is there. You just wonder when he'll mature (or if he'll mature). In a span of 10 plays, he can look like a true #1 WR and a guy who shouldn't be on a NFL roster.

Frankly, if we can get him fairly cheap, I'd take a flier on him. Maybe we can figure out how to get through to him. Maybe not.

I think Floyd had every opportunity to realise his potential in that offense. I want guys that are hungry to produce. Players that want to be great and work towards it. These physical freaks that should be great but just aren't top football players are getting tiresome.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Floyd had every opportunity to realise his potential in that offense. I want guys that are hungry to produce. Players that want to be great and work towards it. These physical freaks that should be great but just aren't top football players are getting tiresome.

Sometimes, it takes failure for a guy to recognize that he's the problem.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Apparently, per Charlie Weis, he already knows about 75% of the terminology the Patriots use. Might actually make an impact on the field sooner than later.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kinda ticked about this...oh well.

Dorial Green Beckham....naw...we don't trade for him...Justin Hunter...naw we don't pick him up off the wavier wire...and Mike Floyd...shoot me...

Yeah - then they add Troy Hill back on the roster. Rams have trouble developing players, but your right.Fisher was a players coach.The Tams resigned Brian Quick.The Rams need to give The rookies his spot for the rest of the season..

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Basically the Patriots acquired a 4th round pick. Deal with this guy for 3 weeks if he hits FA and signs somewhere else you get a likely 4th rounder for him. If Floyd sticks for the rest of the season he will count towards the Patriots compensatory draft formula.

Wish we claimed him and got the extra pick.