Camp Report 7/27/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Great as always Coach. I also enjoyed getting to meet you this afternoon.

SierraRam

Recreational User
As always, thanks Coach! I missed exactly what happened to Tru. Is it serious?

PolarBear

Rookie
Thanks Coach!
How did Robinson look? I heard he had some false starts. Also, I know it's early but do you think it's possible Steward could beat Dunbar out?

Last edited:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Coach!
How did Robinson look? I heard he had some false starts. Also, I know it's early but do you think it's possible Steward could beat Dunbar out?

Uh no. Why does it seem like everyone is so quick to want to replace Dunbar? I just dont get it.

With the subtle change in scheme, it would appear that Ogletree will be handling the SLB duties this year, which will free up Dunbar to go back to WLB, which is the position he played in 2012. A position that is geared to allow that LB to be a playmaker. With Ogletree handling the majority of the coverage responsibilities, Dunbar will be more of a threat to blitz, and just go make plays.

And btw., Steward is playing the same position as Ogletree. So no, I don't see that happening.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good to hear on Quick and Britt. I hope both emerge for us. But I am going to do my best to keep my optimism in check until I see it during games.

Is Davin Joseph staying with the 1st team unit because he's playing THAT well or because we just don't have the bodies with Long and Wells out?

I also want to say that I like hearing about the defense jumping on the hard count for a couple reasons:
1. It tells me that Sam's hard count has become effective this year and will be a tool for us to use during the season
and
2. Better they fix that now than go into the season and get killed early on with offsides penalties (although with the DL we have, some offsides will happen)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
As always, thanks Coach! I missed exactly what happened to Tru. Is it serious?

He apparently tweaked a hamstring in the 7 on 7 defending a pass to Quick in the End Zone. He left the field immediately after that, and hasn't returned since. I didn't even see him on the sidelines today.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Good to hear on Quick and Britt. I hope both emerge for us. But I am going to do my best to keep my optimism in check until I see it during games.

Is Davin Joseph staying with the 1st team unit because he's playing THAT well or because we just don't have the bodies with Long and Wells out?

I also want to say that I like hearing about the defense jumping on the hard count for a couple reasons:
1. It tells me that Sam's hard count has become effective this year and will be a tool for us to use during the season
and
2. Better they fix that now than go into the season and get killed early on with offsides penalties (although with the DL we have, some offsides will happen)

Joseph looks to be pretty consistent, and definitely plays with an edge. So I would say for now, its a combination of both. With Long out, they are using Saffold on the left side, (today at LT) and previously at LG. But IMO, having Joseph get regular reps with the 1's isn't all bad.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If you are hoping for Givens to be that guy, the way things look early on, I wouldn't hold your breath.

And assuming they get the running game going, which will feed the play actions passing game, I don't think you have to worry about someone getting open.

I hear you on that, but if Tavon has to miss a game, then we don't have a speed guy anymore. I think Givens has a role on this team, even if he's just a one trick pony.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joseph looks to be pretty consistent, and definitely plays with an edge. So I would say for now, its a combination of both. With Long out, they are using Saffold on the left side, (today at LT) and previously at LG. But IMO, having Joseph get regular reps with the 1's isn't all bad.

I'm all for it. Was just curious how he's been looking. Would be great if he ends up returning close to the form he was before his injuries in TB. Especially if it gave us more time to allow Robinson to get acclimated to the pro game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Another excellent report coach0, feel like, even out in LA, my Rams are not too far...I wanna say, "you talking to me?" About Reid...ahahahahahha-ahahah, tape don't lie, but 2 years off may have killed his skills. What was he doin, drinking? I still think the kid can play, it's just one week. I am concerned about JJ, but big, physical wrs will make him better. Thank Snisher they grabbed Gaines, looks real smart now. Roberson too. I wonder what was wrong with Purifoy & Watkins, I liked a bunch of Gators. I liked the cb from Utah too. Oh well...gotta go to my safeties, how did they look overall, better, the same, worse? Anything from Alexander?

My man Quick!!!!! I got high hopes for that kid....Kinda scares me about Givens, he could be an asset even if he doesn't startm but I feel his attitude wouldn't be able to take it....

Glad to see Sam throwing to those big targets. He loved Greshem in college. Pads on Monday & Tuesday, hope you'll be there. Then the serious line-play begins...Ima check this post about 6 more times tonight.....:sneaky::giggle:(y)(y):D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hear you on that, but if Tavon has to miss a game, then we don't have a speed guy anymore. I think Givens has a role on this team, even if he's just a one trick pony.

What! Britt runs a 4.4 too....everybody else 4.5....plenty of speed to stretch the field....

lockdnram21

Legend
He apparently tweaked a hamstring in the 7 on 7 defending a pass to Quick in the End Zone. He left the field immediately after that, and hasn't returned since. I didn't even see him on the sidelines today.

somebody on twitter said he was on the sidelines with a sun hat on holding a football

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Gaines onto us showing up on camp reports.
Hopefully we found some soled depth at cb.

It sounds like their really getting Quick involved. Expectations must be strong from the coaching staff. They've been plenty patient with him. It's his time to show up. It sounds like he is.

Thank you.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
What did Bailey run?

And really it doesn't matter what the 40 times are. Those are pretty meaningless. Their times in the other drills like the three cone and shuttle tell you more IMO than the 40.