Camp Report 7/27/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
· With the absence of Tru Johnson, the CB looks frightfully thin

o McGee and Woodard are not ready

That's a concern...No excuses for you and me and Brandon McGee this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Coach O, One question, when you list the D-Line 1st unit of "Long,Brockers,Langford,and Quinn. is the team flipping Brockers and Langford from the way they played last year? (ie R & L DT)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
lastminute9.gif

Athos

Legend
Is Givens burning out or something?

Poor body language? Poor technique? If this keeps up, sounds like Pettis will stick over him.

Awesome to see Gaines taking charge and helping others out. Again, football IQ.

Good to know Quick is finally using his strength as an asset. That was always the most frustrating part about him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thanks for the report as always coach.

Everyone seems to have good things to say about EJ Gaines and Phillip Steward. I like Gaines a lot as a Mizzou guy. Glad to hear he's standing out for the right reasons. Hopefully he can stick as the 4th or 5th corner behind Jenkins/Johnson/Joyner and potentially McGee.
Big college football fan(USC).I think Mizzu had the best defense in college at the end of season besides maybe MSU.
I loved Gaines his last to games at Mizzu.--M. Sam was not gay at the time.I think he is a better DE than Early.
I also like Gaines better than the CB from MSU from watching from a college player stand point .
Was very very surprised he was still there.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I've been a bad fan and have not been commuting the 400 miles to and from Rams Park for training camp each day. Any way it seems like Quick is much more consistent this year.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Thanks Coach!
Your reports are the best!

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
If these reports of Brian Quick is true good but hitting and game lets see how he does. I am not asking guy to be Jerry Rice but he has to be a top tier Rams wideout for offense to advance.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is Givens burning out or something?

Poor body language? Poor technique? If this keeps up, sounds like Pettis will stick over him.

Awesome to see Gaines taking charge and helping others out. Again, football IQ.

Good to know Quick is finally using his strength as an asset. That was always the most frustrating part about him.
Yeah everyone wanted to knock Snead !!
I think the Givens pick was a steal.I will always remember M.Quicks first TD.It was against the Niners.---That was the game Jenkins & Givens ran bleachers at the Stick before the game.

Heard a interview with Givens in the offseason.He talked about how he was all better from his problems off the field.He sounded totally wasted though.I had(have) a bad vibe from his off field character.I think it might be carding over ? Hope not,but he dropped a lot of passes last year that cost the Rams a game or 2. He dropped off so much from his rookie year.Thought it might have been just a Sophomore jinks.Have doubts about him.He is not a special teams player really either.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Coach O, thanks for being my eyes and ears at practice. I look forward to your reports.

If Quick can live up to the hype that he's getting then that's awesome, we may not be as bad at WR as I'd feared.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Neither of those guys have stood out either. Roberson shows flashes of cover skills, but he just doesn't want any part of the physical side. Reid looks like "Just a guy". For all his hype I have yet to see anything that remotely resembles the player he was at FSU. But he sure seems to be this years Ray Ray in terms of fan fare.

Yeah, I am an FSU fan and I don't get the Reid hype myself. He was a dynamic return man, but I don't even know how much of that he has left after tearing his knee. He wasn't that great of a coverage guy in college.

There seem to be more people in his corner than Britt's. That's weird to me. Britt has at least proven that he belongs (and can excell) in the NFL when he's healthy and focused. Reid has the same kinds of issues without the success.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Big college football fan(USC).I think Mizzu had the best defense in college at the end of season besides maybe MSU.
I loved Gaines his last to games at Mizzu.--M. Sam was not gay at the time.I think he is a better DE than Early.
I also like Gaines better than the CB from MSU from watching from a college player stand point .

I would have to disagree.
- signed, Auburn's offense

Just kidding, but I know what you are saying. A lot of talent on that Mizzou defense!!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Great stuff, Coach. I was there yesterday too and was impressed with Quick.

I'm not as concerned with Givens as much as I'm concerned with Jenkins. I don't know if it's the fact that our receivers are getting that much better, or he's slowing down a bit... but he's getting beat early and often.

Man, I can't imagine being on defense, and having to look across the field at Britt, Quick, Cook... those guys are huge.

fearsomefour

Legend
Uh no. Why does it seem like everyone is so quick to want to replace Dunbar? I just dont get it.

With the subtle change in scheme, it would appear that Ogletree will be handling the SLB duties this year, which will free up Dunbar to go back to WLB, which is the position he played in 2012. A position that is geared to allow that LB to be a playmaker. With Ogletree handling the majority of the coverage responsibilities, Dunbar will be more of a threat to blitz, and just go make plays.

And btw., Steward is playing the same position as Ogletree. So no, I don't see that happening.
Good for Dunbar to have Williams.
Good to hear most coverages going to Ogletree.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im really hoping that Quick and Britt coming this into the season! Ive always been a Quick fan as he has tremendous talent and he finally seems to be putting it together. I cant wait to see games already!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
THanks Coach O.
I am thankful Chris Givens helped us beat the 49ers in 2012 (at home)...other than that, I expect nothing.

Watch the 2nd AZ game, both 49er games and you see Jenks has no chance...unless he played shadow coverage off the line with Boldin. Jenks isn't worse than his first two years; I don't think he is gonna be on the team in 2016.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan

Yeah when Gaines was drafted, I had actually forgotten about him and assumed he had gone off the board at least a round earlier.

USC huh? In addition to being a Mizzou fan, I'm also a big UCLA fan (Probably the only person in St. Louis who is lol). We might have some fun here come college football season ;-)

I would have to disagree.
- signed, Auburn's offense

Just kidding, but I know what you are saying. A lot of talent on that Mizzou defense!!

Ouch lol. Thankfully two of the big pieces on that offense are on the Rams