Britt's Impact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If Britt does nothing else, I hope the competition pushes Quick to become a good receiver. We need one of those two to step up.

lockdnram21

Legend
But I think that is Fisher and Snead's plan. No other explanation for why they didn't address the WR position in the draft or FA.

yea hopefully Fisher wasnt just blowing smoke when he said "Quick has made tremendous improvements this off season"

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They did nothing to address the receiver situation aside from signing a talented yet questionable guy. At least its a 'prove it' type contract. They could gain an outstanding playmaking receiver, or realize he ain't the guy they hoped for and cut him loose. Won't cost them much. The same with Joseph at guard. If these two guys make it, it will go long way to shoring up two areas that were the biggest question marks last year.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
They did nothing to address the receiver situation aside from signing a talented yet questionable guy. At least its a 'prove it' type contract. They could gain an outstanding playmaking receiver, or realize he ain't the guy they hoped for and cut him loose. Won't cost them much. The same with Joseph at guard. If these two guys make it, it will go long way to shoring up two areas that were the biggest question marks last year.
I totally agree. I actually have more faith in Britt making an impact than I do DJ. DJ is depth ... Britt was brought in to be the "big gun WR".

RamzFanz

Damnit
Never meant that he was a bust, I meant he's a guy who came in with the "Fisher will make him elite" moniker and guess what, he turns out to have a year well in line with the rest of his career.

And was he the best receiver? Statistically? sure. Playing wise? I'd say that award goes to Stedman, Cook just got more opportunities.

Well, that's reasonable.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I totally agree. I actually have more faith in Britt making an impact than I do DJ. DJ is depth ... Britt was brought in to be the "big gun WR".

i wish more people would realise that. britt was brought in to be the man. he and sam will make beautiful music together. bradford that is.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
i wish more people would realise that. britt was brought in to be the man. he and sam will make beautiful music together. bradford that is.

I was down with it from day one. The low risk contract was even more appealing.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The knee appears to be fine, not DX fine. I'm sure he had a pretty thorough physical.

He can still pass a physical but lack the explosiveness that made him a difference maker for a few seasons unfortunately.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Well, obviously, that's the hope. And the contract makes it an acceptable risk. I would honestly be unsurprised if he didn't even make the team though.

But there's always that hope.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He can still pass a physical but lack the explosiveness that made him a difference maker for a few seasons unfortunately.

Hmm... explosiveness.

He never had top in speed to start. He was a good route runner out of college. I doubt his knee has been the big reason for his downfall. All arrows point to off the field distractions. The guy is another head case that played well for Fisher. He won't have a better opportunity rejuvenate his career than right here is STL. At 27 I'm sure he's mature enough to understand that. His knee has been a set back, maturity has been his downfall. Plus he played for the Titans. Hasselbeck has been his best QB.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Last season was a disaster for him. I remember early in the season the titans needed to score a td in the final minutes and locker asked the coaching staff to get britt off the field and put in the rookie Hunter. Hunter ended up catching the winning td. It just showed where britt's head was at last season.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Britt is a 1st round talent, and i think we're going to see good things from him this year...

lockdnram21

Legend

he was brought in to push Quick. You can't bring a guy in that's never been the guy and expect him to be the guy. When its all said and done i expect Quick to beat him out

wrstdude

Rookie
Hmm... explosiveness.

He never had top in speed to start. He was a good route runner out of college. I doubt his knee has been the big reason for his downfall. All arrows point to off the field distractions. The guy is another head case that played well for Fisher. He won't have a better opportunity rejuvenate his career than right here is STL. At 27 I'm sure he's mature enough to understand that. His knee has been a set back, maturity has been his downfall. Plus he played for the Titans. Hasselbeck has been his best QB.
Britt is only 25.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
But he was still disappointing in my opinion and as a former Fisher guy who was meant to come in and be amazing he was far from it, he was better than Smith and Sim-Walker but then again who wasn't.
Playing with KC instead of Sam on a team that completed 14 passes a game will tend to reduce the numbers a guy can put up