Britt's Impact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sure, and as I said many times, if he was doing well with Sam it's a fair argument.
I think Atlanta was the only game with Sam that he did not do very well. He did have a 2 target 2 catch and 3 target 3 catch game in those first 7. So he was doing well it is also good to remember he was not the only TE getting passes in our offense. The 1st Cards game was awesome but way too much to expect as a weekly out put. They may have over paid for him but when your team sux as bad as and as long as the Rams had it is hard to attract FAs.

I think Atlanta was the only game with Sam that he did not do very well. He did have a 2 target 2 catch and 3 target 3 catch game in those first 7. So he was doing well it is also good to remember he was not the only TE getting passes in our offense. The 1st Cards game was awesome but way too much to expect as a weekly out put. They may have over paid for him but when your team sux as bad as and as long as the Rams had it is hard to attract FAs.

Over game 2 to game 7 he had 203 yards, 0 TDs projected out over a season he'd end up with 541 yards 0 TDs. That's pretty much Lance Kendricks' 2012 season only with less TDs and more drops. Also maybe it's just me but it annoys me that he gets credited with a 47 yard reception in the Arizona game when a 0 yard rush would have been a better play with Hekker punting 2 downs later.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Over game 2 to game 7 he had 203 yards, 0 TDs projected out over a season he'd end up with 541 yards 0 TDs. That's pretty much Lance Kendricks' 2012 season only with less TDs and more drops. Also maybe it's just me but it annoys me that he gets credited with a 47 yard reception in the Arizona game when a 0 yard rush would have been a better play with Hekker punting 2 downs later.
14.3 avg per catch over those games. Did he get targeted in the RZ?? And you know after the first game teams were game planning to take him away.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Hmm... explosiveness.

He never had top in speed to start. He was a good route runner out of college. I doubt his knee has been the big reason for his downfall. All arrows point to off the field distractions. The guy is another head case that played well for Fisher. He won't have a better opportunity rejuvenate his career than right here is STL. At 27 I'm sure he's mature enough to understand that. His knee has been a set back, maturity has been his downfall. Plus he played for the Titans. Hasselbeck has been his best QB.

Britt was never a burner but his speed was good for his size. Explosiveness doesn't always mean speed. As a big receiver he needs to be able to leap. If his knees aren't up to the task, he's lost his best weapon.

Watching him more than a few times over the last few seasons, he's been a plodder out there. That, most definitely, is a big reason why he hasn't succeeded even without the character issues.

Precisely, the mature age of 25. Let's cut him now.

Nobody's saying that but don't let anybody stop you from being sensational.

14.3 avg per catch over those games. Did he get targeted in the RZ?? And you know after the first game teams were game planning to take him away.

I was just expecting too much I think, I thought we brought him in to be our main weapon on O, not to be mediocre.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Cook was another player whose impact was only going to last if the spread passing attack succeeded. Now that we're back to being a smashmouth, run-first team, Cookie's not even going to be on the field half the time.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was just expecting too much I think, I thought we brought him in to be our main weapon on O, not to be mediocre.
I was hoping he might be somewhere in between the first game numbers and those other games. But I did not think they would be a 20-25 att/game team while running 30-35 times a game.

After seeing how well they did with this kind of scheme after losing Sam I am pretty happy with what might happen this year. Pound the rock spread the passes to 5-7 different guys on play action and let the defense beat up the opposition.

I was hoping he might be somewhere in between the first game numbers and those other games. But I did not think they would be a 20-25 att/game team while running 30-35 times a game.

After seeing how well they did with this kind of scheme after losing Sam I am pretty happy with what might happen this year. Pound the rock spread the passes to 5-7 different guys on play action and let the defense beat up the opposition.

I think if someone (my money is on Tavon, and is on Stedman at longer odds) separates themselves as a consistent go to play they'll get the most targets as with any other team.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think if someone (my money is on Tavon, and is on Stedman at longer odds) separates themselves as a consistent go to play they'll get the most targets as with any other team.
Certainly possible but I think it makes it more difficult for the defense to have to cover the entire field. Focusing the passing game with one main guy is a recipe for disaster. Every WR needs to play each play as if he is getting the ball. No time off for them or the defenders.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yuck.

I seriously hope he was just draggin' ass those past two years and/or the QB situation just didn't give him the opportunity to shine, because color me completely unimpressed with what I saw. He can run good routes, and is pretty strong after the catch, but man I just don't see anything there to indicate he can be a go-to guy anymore.

To be fair, he looked like a completely different receiver in 2010 and 2011. Crisp, explosive cuts, played angry, snatched the ball out of the air, and actually sought out contact instead of avoiding it. But after that knee injury, it just looked to me like he has really heavy legs, developed stone hands, and too often looked upfield instead of looking the ball in.

Gotta wonder if he ever recovered mentally from the barrage of injuries he's had so far in his career. Shoulder, hamstring, ankle, groin, knee, hamstring again, ankle again, and foot. Maybe a new environment and re-dedication to his craft will resurrect his career. I certainly hope so, because if we get the Kenny Britt first edition, we're good. Kenny Britt 2.0 isn't going to help us a lot, IMO.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Yuck.

I seriously hope he was just draggin' ass those past two years and/or the QB situation just didn't give him the opportunity to shine, because color me completely unimpressed with what I saw. He can run good routes, and is pretty strong after the catch, but man I just don't see anything there to indicate he can be a go-to guy anymore.

To be fair, he looked like a completely different receiver in 2010 and 2011. Crisp, explosive cuts, played angry, snatched the ball out of the air, and actually sought out contact instead of avoiding it. But after that knee injury, it just looked to me like he has really heavy legs, developed stone hands, and too often looked upfield instead of looking the ball in.

Gotta wonder if he ever recovered mentally from the barrage of injuries he's had so far in his career. Shoulder, hamstring, ankle, groin, knee, hamstring again, ankle again, and foot. Maybe a new environment and re-dedication to his craft will resurrect his career. I certainly hope so, because if we get the Kenny Britt first edition, we're good. Kenny Britt 2.0 isn't going to help us a lot, IMO.
No more Kenny Britt 2.0 type receivers on this team, time for some reliable hands, hopefully Bailey will be starting and Britt will be needed until week 5.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No more Kenny Britt 2.0 type receivers on this team, time for some reliable hands, hopefully Bailey will be starting and Britt will be needed until week 5.
I'm starting to think that Britt was just brought in as a replacement for Bailey since they knew in advance he was going to get suspended. It doesn't hurt to have a veteran taking his snaps until he gets back and works his way back into the starting roster. I watched some of Bailey's targets after Britt, and I can honestly say there's no comparison. Britt is a lot stronger and more physical, but that's where it ends for me.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm starting to think that Britt was just brought in as a replacement for Bailey since they knew in advance he was going to get suspended. It doesn't hurt to have a veteran taking his snaps until he gets back and works his way back into the starting roster. I watched some of Bailey's targets after Britt, and I can honestly say there's no comparison. Britt is a lot stronger and more physical, but that's where it ends for me.
Oh for sure they do not compare well, but I do agree that he was brought to be the short term fix for the suspended Bailey, and unless he's back to that elite Kenny Britt form, there is no way in hell Bailey doesn't uproot the starting job straight from under Britt's feet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh for sure they do not compare well, but I do agree that he was brought to be the short term fix for the suspended Bailey, and unless he's back to that elite Kenny Britt form, there is no way in hell Bailey doesn't uproot the starting job straight from under Britt's feet.
Agreed. I'm still curious if he can return to form. Wouldn't break my heart if he ends up keeping that starting gig due to being a beast. Looking forward to hearing about how he looks at camp from @CoachO

FRO

Legend
This is pretty much what Tennessee fans said. Let's hope he will turn it around, but we can't count on much from him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agree. I alluded to this awhile back.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I know one thing Hamstring injuries tend to be reoccuring. I hope he isn't prone to them. As for the performance issues lets hope he regains his 2010 form and hunger.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree. I alluded to this awhile back.
Of course you did.

im_watching_you.gif