Britt's Impact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramfreak

The ACL injury is a bigger deal than the Rams are making it out to be. Thank God we have Shaun Hill because I don't see how Bradford comes back when we just saw RG3 fail. Bradford will be at 10 months from surgery when opening day arrives. Let's be realistic. He won't be ready and nor will Jake Long be ready.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The ACL injury is a bigger deal than the Rams are making it out to be. Thank God we have Shaun Hill because I don't see how Bradford comes back when we just saw RG3 fail. Bradford will be at 10 months from surgery when opening day arrives. Let's be realistic. He won't be ready and nor will Jake Long be ready.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. All you're doing is speculating. Sam and Jake will both be ready barring any setbacks.

And why are you putting Bradford down in a Britt thread? You wouldn't happen to be a Sam basher, would you?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Rgknee failed because he was not mentally all there from his recovery. Physically he was fine. Sam isnt a running Qb, so i expect him to be fine. Him and Long will be ready. Basing Bradford from RGKnees situation is wrong, it was all mental, not physical with him.

I agree Fisher is clearly a liar, based upon no information of the situation or of his surgery or of his recovery, I'm just going to assume that Fisher is full of shit.

Is blue font needed?

FRO

Legend
RGIII tore that same knee once before. That makes it tougher to come back from. Another thing with him is his game was based on running as much as it was passing. He was slowed up a bit and teams figured how to better defend the read option. RGIII did a poor job going through progressions and reading defenses last year. That's why he failed. Bradford had no structural damage to the knee outside the tear. It was a clean tear. The recovery technology is so much better and athletes are privy to much better care than average individuals. He will participate in OTAs. He will most likely be full go in camp. It may take a year for him to be fully comfortable, but I think he will be good to go in 2014. If the Rams weren't confident in his health, a QB would have been drafted pretty high in the draft. I can't speak for Long and I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a game or two.

Also I don't see how he has held the team back.

And I agree with the pessimism with Britt. I'm not expecting much, but I am hopeful. If he lives up to his potential and if he is right physically then we got ourselves something. Problem is he has never lived up to his potential and the knee injury seemed to slow him down.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Britt may know he's at his last chance saloon here at the Rams, Fisher has taken a flyer (and a low-cost one) on a guy he knows, and knows his potential - it may be a case of a "prove it" contract with a golden carrot contract hanging in the balance.

with regards to Cook, he was just outside the top 10 in yards (for a TE) and that was without his QB for most of the season - they're not bad stats...

Britt may know he's at his last chance saloon here at the Rams, Fisher has taken a flyer (and a low-cost one) on a guy he knows, and knows his potential - it may be a case of a "prove it" contract with a golden carrot contract hanging in the balance.

with regards to Cook, he was just outside the top 10 in yards (for a TE) and that was without his QB for most of the season - they're not bad stats...

It is when you factor in the drops and the pay, he wasn't signed to be outside the top 10, he was signed to be an elite player.

FRO

Legend
It is when you factor in the drops and the pay, he wasn't signed to be outside the top 10, he was signed to be an elite player.
Yeah I was disappointed in Cook last year. I think he is capable of more. He just seems to disappear in games. His physical talent is outstanding.

RFIP

I think the only thing holding this team back is their (till proven otherwise) inability to throw the ball when they have to.

I can see a lot of nice stuff off our play action if we are able to pound the rock like most expect us to be able to.

But what about when Sam is in the gun late in a half or 4th Q when a TD is needed?

I have little faith in Schotty's ability to scheme our guys free so that leaves it up to our receivers to win and win often.

I knew when they signed him Britt was Fishers perceived choice as our #1. I just hope the knucklehead realizes this is his last chance because I am all in on this guy to be a stud #1 wr, if for no other reason than default.

I see only a marginal bump if that for Quick, and Bailey f'd up my hopes for him to break out when he for suspended.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

Obviously top 5 would be better, however, new offense, and losing your QB - I think we'll see more this year

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree Fisher is clearly a liar, based upon no information of the situation or of his surgery or of his recovery, I'm just going to assume that Fisher is full of crap.

Is blue font needed?

Not to mention, no two injuries of this type are EVER the same... Nor was the timing of Sam's injury the same as RG3.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I am just curious to how he will deal with the mental side of recovery after I suffered the same injury at the same time. I think he is a tough competitor and will be ready to go in camp. During my recovery I have had some ups and downs and I bet he is having a lot of good ones now!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

This is your second post taking it off topic. First has been removed.

Check your PM.

Obviously top 5 would be better, however, new offense, and losing your QB - I think we'll see more this year

If he was performing at a high level prior to Sam going down I'd agree, but he had 1 really good game, then took the next 5 games (combined) to match that production.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
me to see someone like T.J. Moe (if healthy) outshine him in camp and beat him out if there is a numbers game at the position.

I know your high on Moe, but he's short and slow, but I realize Moe is more quick than fast, but I don't see someone like Moe outshining Britt. IMO the only way Britt is a dud is his health, he is now back with the Coach that drafted him and there are no more excuses.

If I'm going to go with a WR that outshines him I believe Justin Veltung or Austin Franklin has a better chance than T.J. Moe, but yoiu know how I feel about your posts and always trust your judgment, but I don't see it in Moe.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am a little concerned about his knee; I tore my ACL in November and had the surgery about a month after Bradford. I grant you, I don't have the resources or fitness level of Bradford, but the mental side of things seems to be the hardest thing to come back from. I sometimes get a strange apprehension when I work out, just little knocks to the confidence. I hope he is mentally ready to go for the start of camp, ready for contact and feeling great.

Yeah I understand. I've heard Brady didn't return to form right away.

The great thing is Sam won't have to do it all unlike his 4 first games. Our passing game will feed off the running game. If the Vikings struggle to stop Stacy, he will only have to throw as much as Wilson usually does. That'll build his confidence.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. All you're doing is speculating. Sam and Jake will both be ready barring any setbacks.

And why are you putting Bradford down in a Britt thread? You wouldn't happen to be a Sam basher, would you?

Agreed on Bradford. Fisher stated "there's no reason for him not to be 100% for the regular season." He'll be participating in OTA's. Shoot, Fisher said he'd even be a go for preseason.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Both Britt and Quick have something to prove. Hopefully, they push each other into being contributors.

sincerely,

Mr. Obvious

RamzFanz

Damnit
But he was still disappointing in my opinion and as a former Fisher guy who was meant to come in and be amazing he was far from it, he was better than Smith and Sim-Walker but then again who wasn't.

Cook not only had his best season, he was the best receiver on the team last season, and he had the best season for a Rams' TE... ever. He doesn't go on that list. That's silly.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been saying this since we signed him but, Britt will be our leading WR this year.