Britt or Quick ????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
My question. Are we going to see Spruce this upcoming season? So far it seems like a wasted spot if he can't produce anything for us...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What u mean Cook? Same old cook make some plays then drop some balls... He just got lucky at the end
Cook appears to be catching a higher % of his Targets. I don't know weather that is due to Coaching or the QB.
I just think it would be wise to let our NEW HC take a look at our WR's before we start cutting people!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
After seeing what happened to " Cook " by going to Green Bay, w / better coaching! I think we should take a wait and see attitude, and see what our New HC thinks, after reviewing the Roster!!
But IF I had to pick one right now, I would keep Britt!

Cook's stats in w/ Rams 2015 vs w/ Packers 2016:

2016: 30 REC, 377 yards, 12.6 YPC, 1 TD
2015: 39 REC, 481 yards, 12.3 YPC, 0 TD

His best season was with the Rams in 2013:

2013: 51 REC, 671 yards, 13.2 YPC, 5 TD

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Quick sure didn't find the mojo when playing with Goff.
Prior to JG he had 26 catches on 41 targets (63% catch rate)
With #16 he had 15 catches on 36 targets (42% catch rate)

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sure we're going to lose Britt to Washington and bring in Garçon.

That's my initial read, but it's too early. I need more inputs.
I would like that , Garcon is a great blocker too

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
NEITHER. Both need to go.

This offense will be about precise routes and full effort regardless of whether you are primary read. Neither of them are a fit and the Rams can do better. Bring in one good vet to be an example to the kids, try to get a big rangy wideout in the draft, and coach them up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pretty hard for me to say if the problem was the receivers with that useless offense. I'm going to rely on this regime to evaluate offensive players and put them in a far better position to perform.

That being said, Britt's attitude concerns me.

I liked the grit Quick was playing with and have to wonder what could be with a real offensive game plan.

I won't lose much sleep if either, neither, or both are back. I think there are weaker receivers that could be replaced by the likes of a Garcons.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think I read somewhere (TST) that Britt & Tru Johnson are not being re-signed.

Personally, wr's, cb's, and smaller skilled positions should ALWAYS be refilled in the draft. Especially if the performance doesn't point to a new contract.

If we have to keep one, lets keep Quick. He'll be cheaper...And I still say he does everything like Britt.

I'd be more concerned with big contract guys going forward...Like 2018...who's gonna still be here after McVay sees an entire season of some of these guys....

Looking at YOU tavon...Gabriel & Hill have set the bar on little guys that run 4.3 and catch passes, take handoffs, and return punts & KO's.

McVay knows who he can work with. I'm cool with whomever he decides to keep.

More worried about our TE's than wrs...besides tavon.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Quick should not make it into a conversation on future considerations for the McVay Rams.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/kenny-britt-6041/market-value/ on Kenny Britt causes me to pause for a long thought. I agree with @ramfan46 ref. The Fisher connection:unsure:. I would give the other UFA's a real good inquiry before entering into a long range contract with KB:cautious:.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Not really sure what type of talent the Rams currently have stashed under contract & on the roster now since we know that the Fisher/ Boras duo was impotent in getting any rise in performance from this cadre in 2016 season. Rams brought in a boatload of young receivers (slots/wide outs/TE's) in 2016. Nine if you counted them. Eight were rookies.

Tavon Austin- WR/RB/PR/SL entering his 5th season
Mike Thomas- WR/Rookie (6th rd 2016 draft)
Marquez North- WR/Rookie UDFA
Paul McRoberts- WR/Rookie UDFA

Pharoh Cooper- Slot/Rookie (4th rd.2016 draft)
Nelson Spruce- Slot/Rookie UDFA
Bradley Marquez- Slot/ entering his 3rd season

Tyler Higbee -TE/Rookie (4th rd. 2016 draft)
Bryce Williams- TE/Rookie UDFA
Temarrick Hemingway- TE/Rookie (6th rd. 2016 draft)

Appears to me we are in great shape in the Slot & TE positions as far as young talent. Mike Thomas does have some great speed on the outside but this is the area where we need to look hard at WR's with hands.
Mike Thomas certainly looks the part on the field............until that moment arrives where he has to catch the ball. Then the wheels fall off.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get Garcon, or (gasp) even DeSean Jackson before keeping Britt. Both of those guys have played for McVay and rave about him. Bringing in a vet who's already bought in will be good for the young guys.

On the other hand, it's easy to see Britt trying to test McVay and ultimately undermining him. With no Fisher to play for, the Rams are probably better of with Britt going somewhere else.

I don't get why we are still talking about Britt like he is a cancer in the locker room, the guy isn't and how long ago has it been. Goff needs taller receivers because his balls float a lot.Britt was top ten in contested catches this year. Not saying we keep but stop with this Britt will test McVay stuff

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ooking at YOU tavon...Gabriel & Hill have set the bar on little guys that run 4.3 and catch passes, take handoffs, and return punts & KO's.

Jill disappeared in that playoff game and he is a better returner then he is a wr. I take Tavon over him any day. Gabriel have the benefit of playing with Matt Ryan and Julio jones

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Britt for sure. But I wouldn't resign neither of them. Let Britt sign elsewhere and get the future draft pick.

lockdnram21

Legend
Seriously, there is no reason Quick should be on this team anymore. He got really lucky making the team this season only because of injuries... did what he always does and make a few catches early in the season to make you think he's going to be worth a penny of his salary and then revert to dropping a ton of easy balls or being completely irrelevant. I'm fine if Britt comes back but wouldn't give him a huge contract but if Quick is back... again... I will be completely underwhelmed by the new coaching staffs decisions already. Dude isn't a football player.
Actually he only dropped 1 ball but I get what your saying... But with a better scheme he and Britt may be better...but I'm also saying I wouldn't bring I'm back... I want Garcon and Wheaton or Alshon and Wheaton

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Semi related I'm still hoping for Stedman Bailey back. If he gets cleared I think he's much better than Quick and could be a solid chain mover for this offense.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Well, Quick sure didn't find the mojo when playing with Goff.
Prior to JG he had 26 catches on 41 targets (63% catch rate)
With #16 he had 15 catches on 36 targets (42% catch rate)
I wonder what the other guys numbers looks like, I have a feeling Quick isn't the only one.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Slightly tangential but I think we'll at least see McVay get the most out of our TE's. I suspect that Kendricks, Higbee or a TE to be named later will end up being our top target next year. The guy has done fantastic work with the Redskins TEs.

With no allegiance to players, I think we'll see Austin relegated to a non-starter role of 3rd or 4th receiver.