Britt or Quick ????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I don't think they keep both of these guys next season and I can't make up my mind over who I would rather have back. They possess similar skills and size , both are fast and can stretch the field but they also both can disappear in games and tend to drop easy catches . What are your thoughts? Right now I'm leaning towards Britt because he had a great year and made alot of big plays , but don't forget Quick started off the season playing very well also.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I don't think either are back next year but if I had to pick one I'd go Britt.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pretty sure we're going to lose Britt to Washington and bring in Garçon.

That's my initial read, but it's too early. I need more inputs.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Pretty sure we're going to lose Britt to Washington and bring in Garçon.

That's my initial read, but it's too early. I need more inputs.

Here's just one, A.J. Bouye, a Wade Phillips draftee when with Houston.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Neither. Both do not have the mental make up to be counted on each week when it really counts IMO. I have heard a little inside info that Britt was very displeased with the way Fisher's firing went down. I don't want anyone who isn't ready to put in 100% effort moving forward with the new staff. Kenny is an old 28 with a lot of miles on his body. He will be productive for his new team, but I don't see a fit for him here anymore. Move on and find good route runners. When we had those, we moved the ball at will. I think we all get caught up in the size and speed guys, but the best WRs are always the best route runners.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would say anyone but Quick. He should not be anywhere near the Los Angeles Rams. A bust if I ever saw one.

lockdnram21

Legend
I would say Britt but he would cost to much...my guess neither.... Go Get Garcon and Wheaton or Terrance Williams... Then get Aj bouye or Mo Claiborne and I would be so happy

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Get Garcon, or (gasp) even DeSean Jackson before keeping Britt. Both of those guys have played for McVay and rave about him. Bringing in a vet who's already bought in will be good for the young guys.

On the other hand, it's easy to see Britt trying to test McVay and ultimately undermining him. With no Fisher to play for, the Rams are probably better of with Britt going somewhere else.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get rid of them both. If we bring one back, it's Britt. And it's not close. I don't want to see Quick play another snap for this team. He quit on this team near the end of the year. Fuck him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think they keep both of these guys next season and I can't make up my mind over who I would rather have back. They possess similar skills and size , both are fast and can stretch the field but they also both can disappear in games and tend to drop easy catches . What are your thoughts? Right now I'm leaning towards Britt because he had a great year and made alot of big plays , but don't forget Quick started off the season playing very well also.
After seeing what happened to " Cook " by going to Green Bay, w / better coaching! I think we should take a wait and see attitude, and see what our New HC thinks, after reviewing the Roster!!
But IF I had to pick one right now, I would keep Britt!

lockdnram21

Legend
Get rid of them both. If we bring one back, it's Britt. And it's not close. I don't want to see Quick play another snap for this team. He quit on this team near the end of the year. freak him.
When did Quick quit on this team? Looked like everybody quit on the team

lockdnram21

Legend
After seeing what happened to " Cook " by going to Green Bay, w / better coaching! I think we should take a wait and see attitude, and see what our New HC thinks, after reviewing the Roster!!
But IF I had to pick one right now, I would keep Britt!
What u mean Cook? Same old cook make some plays then drop some balls... He just got lucky at the end

Psycho_X

Legend
Seriously, there is no reason Quick should be on this team anymore. He got really lucky making the team this season only because of injuries... did what he always does and make a few catches early in the season to make you think he's going to be worth a penny of his salary and then revert to dropping a ton of easy balls or being completely irrelevant. I'm fine if Britt comes back but wouldn't give him a huge contract but if Quick is back... again... I will be completely underwhelmed by the new coaching staffs decisions already. Dude isn't a football player.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Quick should not make it into a conversation on future considerations for the McVay Rams.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/kenny-britt-6041/market-value/ on Kenny Britt causes me to pause for a long thought. I agree with @ramfan46 ref. The Fisher connection:unsure:. I would give the other UFA's a real good inquiry before entering into a long range contract with KB:cautious:.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Not really sure what type of talent the Rams currently have stashed under contract & on the roster now since we know that the Fisher/ Boras duo was impotent in getting any rise in performance from this cadre in 2016 season. Rams brought in a boatload of young receivers (slots/wide outs/TE's) in 2016. Nine if you counted them. Eight were rookies.

Tavon Austin- WR/RB/PR/SL entering his 5th season
Mike Thomas- WR/Rookie (6th rd 2016 draft)
Marquez North- WR/Rookie UDFA
Paul McRoberts- WR/Rookie UDFA

Pharoh Cooper- Slot/Rookie (4th rd.2016 draft)
Nelson Spruce- Slot/Rookie UDFA
Bradley Marquez- Slot/ entering his 3rd season

Tyler Higbee -TE/Rookie (4th rd. 2016 draft)
Bryce Williams- TE/Rookie UDFA
Temarrick Hemingway- TE/Rookie (6th rd. 2016 draft)

Appears to me we are in great shape in the Slot & TE positions as far as young talent. Mike Thomas does have some great speed on the outside but this is the area where we need to look hard at WR's with hands.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When did Quick quit on this team? Looked like everybody quit on the team

Everybody didn't quit. But there were definitely quite a few guys who quit. Quick was one. Can't tell you exactly when it started, but I can tell you that he gave piss-poor effort against the 49ers and Cardinals.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick should not make it into a conversation on future considerations for the McVay Rams.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/kenny-britt-6041/market-value/ on Kenny Britt causes me to pause for a long thought. I agree with @ramfan46 ref. The Fisher connection:unsure:. I would give the other UFA's a real good inquiry before entering into a long range contract with KB:cautious:.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Not really sure what type of talent the Rams currently have stashed under contract & on the roster now since we know that the Fisher/ Boras duo was impotent in getting any rise in performance from this cadre in 2016 season. Rams brought in a boatload of young receivers (slots/wide outs/TE's) in 2016. Nine if you counted them. Eight were rookies.

Tavon Austin- WR/RB/PR/SL entering his 5th season
Mike Thomas- WR/Rookie (6th rd 2016 draft)
Marquez North- WR/Rookie UDFA
Paul McRoberts- WR/Rookie UDFA

Pharoh Cooper- Slot/Rookie (4th rd.2016 draft)
Nelson Spruce- Slot/Rookie UDFA
Bradley Marquez- Slot/ entering his 3rd season

Tyler Higbee -TE/Rookie (4th rd. 2016 draft)
Bryce Williams- TE/Rookie UDFA
Temarrick Hemingway- TE/Rookie (6th rd. 2016 draft)

Appears to me we are in great shape in the Slot & TE positions as far as young talent. Mike Thomas does have some great speed on the outside but this is the area where we need to look hard at WR's with hands.

Exactly. Let's get a veteran or two in here who can help these WRs reach their potential.