Britt or Quick ????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Semi related I'm still hoping for Stedman Bailey back. If he gets cleared I think he's much better than Quick and could be a solid chain mover for this offense.

That'd make for a helluva movie, brother, but I just can't see it happening.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't get why we are still talking about Britt like he is a cancer in the locker room, the guy isn't and how long ago has it been.

Didn't say he was a cancer, but I do have concerns that he won't put forth the effort under another coach not named Jeff Fisher. And I just don't see him as really being a good mentor for our younger WRs.

My bet is that Jackson will be headed back to Philly

Hadn't heard that, but of the two Redskin WRs, I'd prefer Garcon anyway. He doesn't have any diva in him like Jackson does. Plus, he's solid and workman-like, and obviously buys into what McVay is selling. I think he'd be a good example for the younger WRs on the roster while giving us a solid weapon on the field.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That'd make for a helluva movie, brother, but I just can't see it happening.

Yeah, seems unlikely, but he's trying hard and seems optimistic. In any case, we should find out soon. He said on Twitter he'll be evaluated in February.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My bet is that Jackson will be headed back to Philly.
I seriously doubt we get a doctor to clear a guy to play who's had the head injury that Studman has had with todays NFL and the worry over head injuries. Would love to see him play but something tells me he's done after having 2 bullets in his head. Somehow a wrong quote that was about you wanting Stedman back.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Neither. I'd much rather prefer Garcon and Wheaton.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
honestly, I think we'll be kinda surprised at the make up of this team come late August...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't particularly want either back but if you a put a gun to my head I'd choose Britt

If you put and gun to my head and told me I had to take quick .. I'd tell ya to pull the trigger

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My bet is that Jackson will be headed back to Philly.

I think it depends on whether we pursue him or not. He is from LA and apparently loves playing for McVay. I think if we pursued him and matched his best offer, he'd come here.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
My problem with Brit is that this is his contract year and his first year to reach 1K yards receiving. Coincidence? I think not. He had what I feel was a better opportunity to reach the 1K plateau in the past and didn't perform. Now he's looking for the money.

Quick, I saw too much of him in training camp. Brief moments of brilliance punctuated by too many missed balls, poor routes and giving up.

You can't throw out the baby with the bathwater so I would say keep Brit, let Quick walk. Give our youngins a chance to develop. We do still need a true number one receiver anyway you cut it. Mike Thomas? Needs more development. Spruce? Not a number one type but I hope he can develop into that possession receiver that goes 6 yards on 3rd and 5.

Gotta keep someone, in this scenario I say we are somewhat forced to keep Brit until someone better becomes available.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/01/nfl_free_agency_could_desean_jackson_head_to_los_a.html

NFL Free Agency: Could DeSean Jackson head to Los Angeles Rams instead of Eagles?
By Eliot Shorr-Parks | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

-4de1d9e66c1d50d3.JPG

A.J. Perez | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Los Angeles Rams have a new head coach in Sean McVay, the 30-year old offensive coordinator who will be hiring away from the Washington Redskins.

Could Washington wide receiver DeSean Jackson be following him instead of reuniting with the Eagles?

Jackson, who is set to become a free agent this offseason, has been rumored for months to be heading to the Eagles once he is able to sign with a new team.

Upon hearing McVay was heading to Los Angeles, however, here is what Jackson had to say about his now former offensive coordinator.

View: https://twitter.com/ABC7Erin/status/819660297459867653

If McVay feels as strongly about Jackson, the Rams could be a serious contender to sign him as a free agent.

The Rams enter this offseason with roughly $40 million in cap space, considerably more than the $3.5 million the Eagles are set to have. Like the Eagles, the Rams have a need at receiver, and could lose Kenny Britt -- their top receiver from last season -- to free agency.

Also like the Eagles, the Rams have a young quarterback in Jared Goff that they need to surround with skill position players. Bringing in Jackson, who already knows McVay's offense, would give the Rams a receiver that could not only help the other receivers learn the offense, but would be ready to go from the first day of practice.

It is also worth noting that Jackson is from California, and would likely be interested in returning home if given the option.

The talk of Jackson returning to the Eagles heated up last month when Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham talked about Jackson returning as if it was a done deal, which followed a report from ESPN that the Eagles were interested in bringing back the speedy wide receiver.

Jackson played for the Eagles from 2008 to 2013, and was released by the team (and former head coach Chip Kelly) due to concerns they had about him off the field.

Jackson has not played into the rumors, but did say he is excited to test the free agency market.

"First time in my career I'm going to be able to hit the free agent market, so I'm definitely intrigued about seeing what's going to happen, test the market and see what's going on," Jackson said to reporters last month. "Who knows what happens. Hopefully I'm still here, but you never know how it plays out."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My problem with Brit is that this is his contract year and his first year to reach 1K yards receiving. Coincidence?
I don't think so. Not entirely, anyway. It was reported that Keenum and Britt hooked up a lot during the offseason to get their timing down, and I think that paid off. There was some good chemistry and anticipation between the two for a while there.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would keep Britt over Quick. In fact, I would just plain fire Quick, because he is fools gold, imo. As for Britt, he was a FIsher guy and came to St Louis because of him. He had a 1000 yard season last year, surprise...surprise, before Free Agency. I think he will ask for silly money from the Rams because he doesn't want to stay on a Fisher-less "loser." I would be ok for him never coming back.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man
I don't think so. Not entirely, anyway. It was reported that Keenum and Britt hooked up a lot during the offseason to get their timing down, and I think that paid off. There was some good chemistry and anticipation between the two for a while there.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
honestly, I think we'll be kinda surprised at the make up of this team come late August...
This. I think Austin, Cooper and Spruce will be the only remaining Fisher WRs on this roster. I think Pharaoh makes a big contribution next season. The dudes got skills.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
The Go-Kart twins can kick rocks. (Yes, I'm STILL on that) We don't need that kind of foolish shit from our vets.
A vet with a solid work ethic that can lead these young guys is what I would love to see. I am not a Cards fan one bit, but I love Larry Fitzgerald. The guy is a professional through and through and is an overall good dude. This team needs a winner like HIM to bring that culture that McVay is trying to build.

I think DeSean and Tavon are a bit redundant. Garcon could work and wouldn't surprise me if he is on the squad next season.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This. I think Austin, Cooper and Spruce will be the only remaining Fisher WRs on this roster. I think Pharaoh makes a big contribution next season. The dudes got skills.

I hope they keep McRoberts. He has sure hands.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Cook's stats in w/ Rams 2015 vs w/ Packers 2016:

2016: 30 REC, 377 yards, 12.6 YPC, 1 TD
2015: 39 REC, 481 yards, 12.3 YPC, 0 TD

His best season was with the Rams in 2013:

2013: 51 REC, 671 yards, 13.2 YPC, 5 TD
Looking at the stats doesn't tell the full story, as Cook was one of the top targets for the Rams, getting more targets than guys like Austin and Quick, etc. While in GB he's not going to take looks away from Cobb and Nelson.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Cook functioned much better as a decoy for GB.

I think someone posted how GB's winning started once Cook came back.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Out of the two, I'd keep Britt, without even thinking twice about it tbh. On an offense that was down right putrid this season, to me Britt was our only shining light - the guy fought till the end. Took himself over 1000yards - and that's with dodgy QB play. I thought he and Keenum had some great chemistry and made some big plays, but of course, had we won the games we wouldn't be considering cutting him.

Quick on the other hand, has always been a disappointment and the perfect example of why Fisher's reign wasn't a successful one. Giving guys shots at goal just because of their potential.

I hate the 2nd round of the 2012 draft - Quick and Pead, what a waste of a round and to top it off we lose JJ due to money - what a waste of a round...