Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
While this is about Quick...let me throw Britt into the mix also. You have two big WRs when you have Britt and Quick. Neither are "burners" but both have the ability to use their size against smaller CBs for the most part.

We've seen the Rams use them smarter in the preseason USING THEIR SIZE. I hope this is the plan for both whenever their in the game tomorrow. SFs starting CBs are both 5' 11" . You have to work that advantage!!!

RamWoodie

Legend
Really? When this young man finally got it going he was making great catches and scoring...then he got injured. I refuse to make excuses for him after that though because QUICK needed to put in the work. He knows what he's capable of!!!
But I could see him having a good game vs SF. Then Fisher being insane enough to cut one of our rooks. Then Quick doing nothing the rest of the season while the rook goes on to a good career elsewhere.
I 'm not as sure as you are about this...and that's because the Rams have had very mediocre WR coaching. So far the WRs look much better this year. You can't stretch the field with anyone but TA...BUT...if you set up your opponents using short to medium routes while occasionally mixing in some "double move" routes, you keep the offense off balance!

Whether Quick is in the mix is on him...he clearly has the ability...BUT...he needs the mindset. Let's see if he has it.

jap

Legend
And if they do hit open market they not coming to Jeff Fisher team where they will be a blocker most of the time.. No good receiver is going to want to come play in this offense

That will change when the Man with the Golden Arm comes into his own. Then high echelon fly guys will be welcoming opportunities to roll with the Horns.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a thought but lets see them in a regular season game before we hang them out to dry.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really? When this young man finally got it going he was making great catches and scoring...then he got injured. I refuse to make excuses for him after that though because QUICK needed to put in the work. He knows what he's capable of!!!

I 'm not as sure as you are about this...and that's because the Rams have had very mediocre WR coaching. So far the WRs look much better this year. You can't stretch the field with anyone but TA...BUT...if you set up your opponents using short to medium routes while occasionally mixing in some "double move" routes, you keep the offense off balance!

Whether Quick is in the mix is on him...he clearly has the ability...BUT...he needs the mindset. Let's see if he has it.

I saw him drop like 3x passes in practice. I watched him drop passes in preseason games. Let's not even get into the fact that when he "got it going" it was for a very short span followed by nothing then a near-career ending injury. Or before that when the guy in year two was running the wrong routes, I mean I agree with you that the coaching was subpar but still, knowing the playbook in year two and being able to run the right route is a requirement.

The trend is there for me to feel the way I do about him. I have no idea what those who believe in him see, because all that talent doesn't matter when you can't play. The dude is a JAG, and he does not execute consistently. I am tired of guys you can't count on in the passing game. We need players who can execute, who can be in the right spot and who can make the catch.

If you think Quick's that guy you're a better fan than I am brother.

RamWoodie

Legend
I saw him drop like 3x passes in practice. I watched him drop passes in preseason games. Let's not even get into the fact that when he "got it going" it was for a very short span followed by nothing then a near-career ending injury. Or before that when the guy in year two was running the wrong routes, I mean I agree with you that the coaching was subpar but still, knowing the playbook in year two and being able to run the right route is a requirement.

The trend is there for me to feel the way I do about him. I have no idea what those who believe in him see, because all that talent doesn't matter when you can't play. The dude is a JAG, and he does not execute consistently. I am tired of guys you can't count on in the passing game. We need players who can execute, who can be in the right spot and who can make the catch.

If you think Quick's that guy you're a better fan than I am brother.
I suggest you find where I say "Quick is that guy"...when you find that...let me know. Anyone reading my post couldn't conclude I even think that.

The sum total of what I said is this...It's on Quick if he stays with this team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suggest you find where I say "Quick is that guy"...when you find that...let me know. Anyone reading my post couldn't conclude I even think that.

Must have been the following:

Where we differ is I don't think Quick is capable of being a good receiver in this league week to week even if he does the work. This isn't some rookie, it's a veteran wideout who has a body of work that shows he can't step up. And believe me, I pray he proves me wrong.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
While this is about Quick...let me throw Britt into the mix also. You have two big WRs when you have Britt and Quick. Neither are "burners" but both have the ability to use their size against smaller CBs for the most part.

We've seen the Rams use them smarter in the preseason USING THEIR SIZE. I hope this is the plan for both whenever their in the game tomorrow. SFs starting CBs are both 5' 11" . You have to work that advantage!!!

I mostly agree with you. They are not a west coast, quick, precision route runners. They are currently at best intermediate/deep routes runners where they can impose their physicality, if the Rams call these type of plays.

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
Must have been the following:
So did you disregard the last part of what I said? Particularly:
I refuse to make excuses for him after that though because QUICK needed to put in the work. He knows what he's capable of!!!

I don't consider that a glowing amount of confidence that Quick can succeed!
Where we differ is I don't think Quick is capable of being a good receiver in this league week to week even if he does the work. This isn't some rookie, it's a veteran wideout who has a body of work that shows he can't step up. And believe me, I pray he proves me wrong.
It''s ok that we differ...however if Quick does become what you think he can't become...he won't be the first or the last.
Just so we're clear though...I'm not sure he can...but I'm not sure he can't. At this point I'm on the fence!