Breaking: Alex Smith traded to the Redskins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I were him and they have the money...Minnesota.

Their window is closing IMO. They lost a lot of talent since the Super bowl. I think Minnesota is the better option.

Yes, but does Cousins risk it? It's the Browns. Go with the safe bet in Minnesota. However the Browns could outbid everyone. They have cap space....lots of it.

Ditto.

Bottles just played his best game of his career against Pittsburgh, in the playoffs. I don't think Jacksonville will move away from him. More likely his trouble was coaching and management. They have both now with Marrone and Coughlin in charge. Bottles didn't look like the problem anymore.

Yeah it would suck to have him in the NFC on a loaded team. It depends what he wants most. Money or the big game.
I don’t disagree with any of your points, however I think the path to the Super Bowl is a lot easier in the AFC these days than the NFC.
If I’m cousins I go AFC

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What a terrible trade for the Redskins. Giving up one of your best defensive players for a quarterback who turns thirty-four soon? And then signing said quarterback for four years? Wow. That team will be a mess until Dan Snyder sells or dies.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Chiefs got fleeced. Starting QB for a third round pick, and Smith is coming off his career-best season too. Just nuts IMO.
They love Mahomes....and like Fuller on the other side of....what's that kid #22 name? Looks pretty balanced. And....Smith couldn't take them anywhere...at what point do you decide to move on?
This has to be the dumbest trade/move I have seen in sports in a long time. And all of this was self inflicted because of a stupid situation they created.
Again...they really like Mahomes....and dislike Smith's ability to take the team farther than the 1st round of the playoffs...
the Skins save money, but the Chiefs really believe that Pat Mahomes is the next Len Dawson and will lead the Chiefs to not only an actual playoff victory, but to the Super Bowl.
This in a nutshell

Smith isn't very old...not for a QB....but I like Andy Reid....Once I heard he lived in So Cal (San Diego)...I thought he was gonna replace Fisher....

Andy learned something from Donavan McNabb....McNabb was pretty decent....but when I heard what TO said about him....saw him throwing up in the Super Bowl (we call that "earl-ing, or calling Earl...don't know why)....Andy wants to win...a Super Bowl....that's what competing at the highest levels is all about...not standing pat... or settling.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just listening to Cowherd on the radio... and he claims that he just got word from an inside source that Cousins has a deal worked out with Denver.

He interupted his show to share this supposedly credible news flash.
Word is he heard Von Miller and Cousins talked and made some assumptions while jumping to conclusions. If Denver actually officially talked to him they’re in for a world of hurt.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Word is he heard Von Miller and Cousins talked and made some assumptions while jumping to conclusions. If Denver actually officially talked to him they’re in for a world of hurt.

He was telling the audience that he was reading a personal text that he had just received on his phone. He didn't say who sent it to him, but he claimed that it was a reliable source.

Who knows?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was telling the audience that he was reading a personal text that he had just received on his phone. He didn't say who sent it to him, but he claimed that it was a reliable source.

Who knows?
Yeah I listen to him some while driving around. Thing is teams can’t negotiate with free agents until March 9th. Also the Skins could franchise or transition tag him and have about three weeks before that date to do it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No kidding. Between him, and that creepy Jared, the pedophile, Subway must have really cleaned out it's marketing department.

:rant:"You're fired!!!"....(n)....:rant:"Every last one of you!!!"

And their sandwiches have sucked lately , too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So, this looks lousy for Washington... IMO.

Alex Smith is good, but he's probably borderline top 10 to me. AND... at 34 his performance is only going down from here.

I wonder if Washington tries to tag Cousins, then trade? That would seem a good idea?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They had a better and younger QB they should of had signed last year though. When you take that into account and the fact that the skins also resigned smith to a $24 mil a year deal with $70 mil guaranteed. Skins didn’t fleece anyone but themselves in my mind.

I do agree with you on the Goff pt. Anyone thinking a player thrown into the worst offense by far in the league with only 7 games to his name is a bust is an idiot.

From the Redskins perspective they knew they weren't going to be able to lock him up. There was a lot of bad blood there and Cousins was a ship they knew had sailed some time ago, probably more than a year tbh. However things went down this year they have been aware bringing in a QB was a requirement. And with so many teams needing a signal caller their chances of fixing the position was a longshot.

This is why I was so surprised they got this done for a 3rd round pick and a CB. Nickel CBs are a helluva lot easier to find, you can get one in every draft and this particular draft has another loaded CB class too. I guarantee right now there are some pi$$ed off front offices among all those who need QBs.

Lastly I just have enormous respect for Smith. The way he played this year was amazing, and the way the team's problems lied mainly on the defensive side wasn't his fault. They were a flawed team. He's going to remain a top ten QB for at least a few years, so again to get that at the price they paid was a crazy good deal for them.

Let's wait and see how it turns out. I suspect in a couple years the storyline is going to look a lot different than it has thus far. I remember talking heads laughing when the Rams gave up a second round pick for a RB from Indy who was on the downside of his career or so they thought. Funny how the storyline so often changes, so we'll see.