Brandin Cooks to Rams for a 1st: blockbuster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Don't forget Peters.

I have a really good feeling that he's gonna stay and be an anchor for WPs D.

Haven't forgot him, but he's another year away.

I will say this though ... if we lock up:
- Joyner
- Peters
- Cooks
- Goff
- Gurley
- Donald

... then this team is going to be a contender for a long time.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
One of the other tweets included that they're already in talks to work out an extension.

So, unless the wheels fall off, he's likely to be extended prior to the draft which is sooner than I expected...

I just saw something indicating the same from Steve Wyche ... I'll definitely be a happy camper if that comes to fruition.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not too sure about this LAChamp46 Guy. There is a poster on the Niner board who goes by arja21 who constantly refers to Goff as a trailer and not a truck. Can there possibly be 2 different guys on the planet who use that same analogy?
Ah, I give LACHAMP a hard time because he's a nice, weird dude....He's a Ram's fan that likes to laugh via emoticon at the rest of us normal fans. Doing false attributions is my thing, but I always use blue font to show that I am joking/teasing

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Lick them up? What kinda perverted off season program are you running?

That was blue font by the way.

Who can keep track of the kids and their gibberish.

Apparently, "McBae" is "on fleek" and our off-season has been "lit".

I'm not even sure it's English...

So, "lick them up"? Sure, why not. If it means winning the Super Bowl, I'd wear skinny jeans (which would like kill people with how humiliatingly funny that would look).

I fully expect this to come back and HAUNT me...

WestCoastRam

Legend
I would not be surprised if the Rams had *ahem!* already talked to the agent about the rough workings of a contract with Cooks.

dang

Legend
I still can't believe that people are complaining about getting a true #1 wr for a first round pick. I would gladly give up a first if I knew they were going to be as good as cooks.

Only thing I worry about is loading up on FAs. In the past teams overpaid for free agents whuch not only put their team in cap hell but also players didn't usually work out due to scheme fit, or players purely playing hard on contract years and then hitting cruise control once they sign that contract.

I trust our FO I just hope mcvays inexperience doesn't show up this year
If the rams are able to lock Cooks to a reasonable 3-4 year contract we will all soon forget he cost us a first round pick. And bonus - we picked up a 4th round pick for a 6th.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I would not be surprised if the Rams had *ahem!* already talked to the agent about the rough workings of a contract with Cooks.
All they need is permission from the team that holds his contract to talk to a player's agent I believe.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I AM LES SNEAD, TRADER OF GREAT CONSEQUENCE, POSSESOR OF AWESOME HAIR, AND DESTROYER OF MOCK DRAFTS!!!

th

dang

Legend
Let’s assume Rams are negotiating extended contract for Cooks already. Let’s also assume Rams try to be consistent and force all players to honor their 5th year option $$$. What does the forum feel is a reasonable annual salary for a 3 year contract 2019-2021 for Cooks?

Psycho_X

Legend
Let’s assume Rams are negotiating extended contract for Cooks already. Let’s also assume Rams try to be consistent and force all players to honor their 5th year option $$$. What does the forum feel is a reasonable annual salary for a 3 year contract 2019-2021 for Cooks?

3 years/$51 million with $31 mil gtd. A $3mil total, $1mil gtd bump over Watkins contract which is the new base now.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Haven't forgot him, but he's another year away.

I will say this though ... if we lock up:
- Joyner
- Peters
- Cooks
- Goff
- Gurley
- Donald

... then this team is going to be a contender for a long time.

Need Havenstein and or Brown re-signed. I don't want to see another Jim Everett situation where the OL got old fast and fell apart.

Already need at least two new starting caliber players on the roster next year, at the latest, at LT and center.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
"Lick them up", "coming together"? I'm as confused as a blind lesbian in a fish market now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Have you seen that 40 time???
Oh, look here \/

emmmm hmmmmmmm

Not so sure about that....

He got a 1000 yards last year....you want more?

Got rid of??? Traded for more than fair value...dude was valuable to BOTH teams....may have been the 2nd biggest reason the Pats lost the SB....after Malcolm Butler.

Meh.....he might be real close...

Deep LB core in draft...Still hoping for Lorenzo Carter

ahahahahahahah.....You gonna make Kevin D come in here and comment.....

The draft....probably high ability guys with character issues.

Exactly....give Cooks the QB's Watkins played with....give Watkins Brees and Brady.....career paths changed.

Draft high ability low....coach them up.

you better be....
I mean...how many times do I have to tell you, guys that run 4.3 matter.

Me too....but the speed helps...he was a beast at OSU....much like Brian Quick made Austin Davis....Cooks made Mannion...got him in the league.

Give it time...patience grasshopper.

They must really like Samson, Thompson, Longacre, Ramtik, Barron....and, and....Cassanova McKinnzy....do we still have him? Oh yeah, Littleton and Hager too...

Exactly....still have hope for Lorenzo Carter & Malik Jefferson
https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-43-Outside-LBs-2018-Draft.asp

Maybe a plan in here somewhere....LOLOL

Careful now....but it is your opinion Grove....not sure how he passed Vermeil already...

I said staff. As a whole I like the entire defensive staff better than the GSOT days. Other than OC, I like this offensive staff Better also

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/981544181423267840

ESPNLA Mornings with Keyshawn, Jorge & LZ [hr1]
The ESPNLA Morning with Keyshawn, Jorge and LZ starts off talking about the Rams' acquisition of Brandin Cooks. Sean McVay, Rams HC comes on and talks about how the acquisition of Brandin Cook came about, how they evaluated him as a good fit for the Rams and more. The guys argue about what is the acceptable level of failure for the Rams this year.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=23026303

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I AM LES SNEAD, TRADER OF GREAT CONSEQUENCE, POSSESOR OF AWESOME HAIR, AND DESTROYER OF MOCK DRAFTS!!!

th

Snead has ruined more Rams mock drafts than NCAA teams have with this year's March Madness brackets.