Brandin Cooks to Rams for a 1st: blockbuster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
D@mn Champ, this is a trolling stew! If 40 times were what determined NFL Excellence, then Tavon Austin and Renaldo Nehemiah would be headed for, or in, the NFL Hall of Fame.

Yeah - but you see Cook’s speed on the field.

Just look at his production. The thing I don’t like is giving up draft picks to players that might not sign further down the line.

Cook is a true #1 WR , & better than Watkins.
A first rd pick though ? Can The Rams lock some players up though ?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Every Rams opponent will have their #1 corner on Cooks, covering a true deep threat, which gives Gurley, Woods and Kupp room underneath. Cooks will get 50+ targets. Guy has more 20+ yd receps the last 3 years than any other WR. Over 1,000 yds receiving the last 3 years. Yeah. he's small, but the guy makes plays and he will fill the hole Watkins left.
Good attitude and good guy in the locker room. Interesting that McSnead were trying to get him last off season. They liked him better than Watkins?
I wasn't big on the trade at first, but after I did some research I think he'll be a great fit.

Hope that translates to being a frequent deep threat rather than frequent decoy. I'm expecting Cooks's production to drop compared to his last three seasons (thinking 700-800 yards, 8 TDs) but his presence will inflate our other receivers numbers better than Watkins.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Have you seen that 40 time???
Oh, look here \/

emmmm hmmmmmmm

Not so sure about that....

He got a 1000 yards last year....you want more?

Got rid of??? Traded for more than fair value...dude was valuable to BOTH teams....may have been the 2nd biggest reason the Pats lost the SB....after Malcolm Butler.

Meh.....he might be real close...

Deep LB core in draft...Still hoping for Lorenzo Carter

ahahahahahahah.....You gonna make Kevin D come in here and comment.....

The draft....probably high ability guys with character issues.

Exactly....give Cooks the QB's Watkins played with....give Watkins Brees and Brady.....career paths changed.

Draft high ability low....coach them up.

you better be....
I mean...how many times do I have to tell you, guys that run 4.3 matter.

Me too....but the speed helps...he was a beast at OSU....much like Brian Quick made Austin Davis....Cooks made Mannion...got him in the league.

Give it time...patience grasshopper.

They must really like Samson, Thompson, Longacre, Ramtik, Barron....and, and....Cassanova McKinnzy....do we still have him? Oh yeah, Littleton and Hager too...

Exactly....still have hope for Lorenzo Carter & Malik Jefferson
https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-43-Outside-LBs-2018-Draft.asp

Maybe a plan in here somewhere....LOLOL

Careful now....but it is your opinion Grove....not sure how he passed Vermeil already...

People talk about Brees, but if you actually watch the throws, Brees CONSTANTLY underthrew Cooks. He just didn't have enough arm anymore. Maybe never did. He's still a first ballot HoFer, but Cooks was just too fast.

Brady did better, but Goff has the arm to really let him go PLAID and hit him in stride.

Actually, if Goff's been throwing with Cooks, it might explain why early in the season last season he had trouble with the deep ball timing. Hitting Cooks in stride would mean overthrowing everyone else.

Here's hoping he's got that timing down now.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
What my people forget is when you draft a WR in the NFL it usually takes multiple years for him to really produce. There are rare exceptions but in general this true.

We had a huge need at the WR position and we filled it. We would not have taken a WR in the first because Ridley would be gone and the rest are not worth drafting that high unless we trade back a little. We also had other priorities Rush LB maybe LT so we were not getting a WR that would remotely compare to the highly productive Cooks.

What Snead/McVay did was insure that we maintain 30 ppg which barring injuries we will minimumly have a 10-6 or 11-5. Truthfully I see us at 12-4, or 13-3.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Every Rams opponent will have their #1 corner on Cooks, covering a true deep threat, which gives Gurley, Woods and Kupp room underneath. Cooks will get 50+ targets. Guy has more 20+ yd receps the last 3 years than any other WR. Over 1,000 yds receiving the last 3 years. Yeah. he's small, but the guy makes plays and he will fill the hole Watkins left.
Good attitude and good guy in the locker room. Interesting that McSnead were trying to get him last off season. They liked him better than Watkins?
I wasn't big on the trade at first, but after I did some research I think he'll be a great fit.

As it shows , McVay really cherishes these types of players. If you look at last season , you could see without a speed WR the Offense sputters.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Thank God .then we can stop complaining.
What do you mean? Do you even know how much I have to complain about?
Whoops!:doh: This has nothing to do with my marriage, does it?
Okay you're right, I can stop my complaining now then.:unsure:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
You know, I was just saying this to my personal banker while I was treating him to an organic Chai Sage aromatherapy massage.

In the Eighties, you could buy a pretty big island with that money...including the people!

Now? You barely get a 3 floor NY penthouse overlooking the Park and a couple of trips a year to Dubai and Gstaad...

Tough living on a budget...
I don't remember you treating me to an Organic Chai Sage Aromatherapy Massage!

jap

Legend
What Snead/McVay did was insure that we maintain 30 ppg which barring injuries we will minimumly have a 10-6 or 11-5. Truthfully I see us at 12-4, or 13-3.

I see your 30 ppg and raise you 10 ppg to 40 ppg. Brandin is going to bring the extra dimensions to this offense (and even more!) that a fully integrated Sammy would have brought last year. Let the Horns take the early lead with a couple of insurance TDs thrown in for good measure, then let Aaron and his MobSquad pin back their ears and attack the opposing offense---nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!

Aaron (channeling the late, great Purple People Eaters DE, Jim Marshall): "I believe the best plan is for all three of us to hold a summit meeting on top of the QB!!!"

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure how they'd have to move stuff around to fit them under the cap. They should still have $3-5 million in room no? Based on last number I remember seeing at least. And that was including the draft pick pool which I'd think would shrink by a million or so with us having no first rounder to worry about now.

If I were to guess it’s to add room for the purpose of extending Cooks and Donald.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, and yes -- this deal looks like a brilliant move IF they can re-sign him.

My initial reaction to the news was:
DymEe.gif

But after having time to think about it, I'm more like:
giphy.gif
DUDE..you're gettin' a Dell.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7wfHStzm24

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hope that translates to being a frequent deep threat rather than frequent decoy. I'm expecting Cooks's production to drop compared to his last three seasons (thinking 700-800 yards, 8 TDs) but his presence will inflate our other receivers numbers better than Watkins.

I don’t see that at all !! He will continue to be a 1,000 yrd WR. For his time in the NFL his stats speak for it’s self.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If I were to guess it’s to add room for the purpose of extending Cooks and Donald.

That actually makes sense . I think The Rams pick those 2 guys up then Gurley & Goff fall in place in a few years.

Lossing draft picks hurt , but it’s still about building through the system as a unit.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That actually makes sense . I think The Rams lick those 2 guys up then Gurley & Goff fall in place in a few years.

Lossing draft picks hurt , but it’s still about building through the system as a unit.
Lick them up? What kinda perverted off season program are you running?

That was blue font by the way.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think The Rams lick those 2 guys up then Gurley & Goff fall in place in a few years.

(Lumberg voice ON)

Um, yeah, if they could refrain from licking those guys, that would be great ...

jacktheripper85

Starter
D@mn Champ, this is a trolling stew! If 40 times were what determined NFL Excellence, then Tavon Austin and Renaldo Nehemiah would be headed for, or in, the NFL Hall of Fame.

I’m not too sure about this LAChamp46 Guy. There is a poster on the Niner board who goes by arja21 who constantly refers to Goff as a trailer and not a truck. Can there possibly be 2 different guys on the planet who use that same analogy?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lick them up? What kinda perverted off season program are you running?

That was blue font by the way.

Will be complete ecstasy if The Rams all come together in the end
Sorry though it was suppose to be Donald & Cook signing long term contracts.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I still can't believe that people are complaining about getting a true #1 wr for a first round pick. I would gladly give up a first if I knew they were going to be as good as cooks.

Only thing I worry about is loading up on FAs. In the past teams overpaid for free agents whuch not only put their team in cap hell but also players didn't usually work out due to scheme fit, or players purely playing hard on contract years and then hitting cruise control once they sign that contract.

I trust our FO I just hope mcvays inexperience doesn't show up this year