Brandin Cooks to Rams for a 1st: blockbuster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My superficial, non-analytical, initial gut reaction is that:
Not real excited that the Rams just got a guy that Sean Peyton with Drew Brees got rid of who was also a guy that Bel'sheet with Brady got rid of.
In both cases it was all about $$$$$$! IMHO(y);)

I just don't like the idea the Rams, as of now, do not have a 1st and 2nd round pick!!

I wanted us to go after a good OLB/Pass Rusher!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In both cases it was all about $$$$$$! IMHO(y);)

I just don't like the idea the Rams, as of now, do not have a 1st and 2nd round pick!!

I wanted us to go after a good OLB/Pass Rusher!!
I find myself saying this over and over but it comes down to one thing. Trust in Wade! If he felt he had to have a 1st round linebacker then Snead and McVay would have found a way to make it happen. We do however have several comments from Wade talking about how much he likes the linebackers on the roster. He’s forgot more about football than the combined ROD membership has ever known. Trust in Wade!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've heard the name...Is he any good?
Have you seen that 40 time???
Oh, look here \/
Cooks Combine 40 yard dash: 4.33
emmmm hmmmmmmm
Last year of rookie deal. He won't be anywhere near as expensive as OBJ tho
Not so sure about that....
I hope we use him better than the Patriots did.
He got a 1000 yards last year....you want more?
Not real excited that the Rams just got a guy that Sean Peyton with Drew Brees got rid of who was also a guy that Bel'sheet with Brady got rid of.
Got rid of??? Traded for more than fair value...dude was valuable to BOTH teams....may have been the 2nd biggest reason the Pats lost the SB....after Malcolm Butler.
Brandin Cooks won't cost 20m. He's not Odell. But he's better than Watkins.
Meh.....he might be real close...
I'm not necessarily against this move but where are we going to get help on the EDGE now?

This year's draft class doesn't appear to be really deep for edge players.
Deep LB core in draft...Still hoping for Lorenzo Carter
Maybe Snead and McVay have a wedding to go to or something on the first day of the draft and couldn’t make it so juts wanted shot of the pick ??
ahahahahahahah.....You gonna make Kevin D come in here and comment.....
No clue where we are going to get our EDGE/OLB's from now or ILB from for that matter. Not to mention needing OLine depth and a future LOT.
The draft....probably high ability guys with character issues.
I think its a bit of a stretch to say he's better than Watkins. We do not know that yet, though the stats support your statement.
Brandin Cooks>Sammy Watkins
Exactly....give Cooks the QB's Watkins played with....give Watkins Brees and Brady.....career paths changed.
Rams new Linebacker philosophy is simple.
Draft high ability low....coach them up.
He's been more available than Watkins in his career, which is very important. I am content with this trade.
you better be....
I mean...how many times do I have to tell you, guys that run 4.3 matter.
Im usually against short receivers
Me too....but the speed helps...he was a beast at OSU....much like Brian Quick made Austin Davis....Cooks made Mannion...got him in the league.
First move they've made I'm not a fan of.

Frankly getting a little sick and tired of these back end of rookie contract deals.
Give it time...patience grasshopper.
but I don't think we can debate the overall result for this year: a better team across the board than last year, with a weaker linebacking core, that can still be addressed by using fifteen fourth round picks and twelve sixth rounders.
They must really like Samson, Thompson, Longacre, Ramtik, Barron....and, and....Cassanova McKinnzy....do we still have him? Oh yeah, Littleton and Hager too...
They must feel they can get good linebacker rd. 3,4.they have got to have a few choices in mind that will be there later on and "pleased with LB's on the roster".
Exactly....still have hope for Lorenzo Carter & Malik Jefferson
https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-43-Outside-LBs-2018-Draft.asp
I like it, so does Mannion lol
Maybe a plan in here somewhere....LOLOL
This is the best coaching staff that the Rams have ever had in my opinion.
Careful now....but it is your opinion Grove....not sure how he passed Vermeil already...

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I really like what I'm seeing. McVay has coveted him for over a year, and he's already working with Goff. Now, get him extended, and we'll call this deal a HR.
I'm sure if Cooks has been working out with Goff wouldn't be surprised if there hasn't been some negotiating in place. At least we'll know how much money he wants.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have you seen that 40 time???
Oh, look here \/

emmmm hmmmmmmm

Not so sure about that....

He got a 1000 yards last year....you want more?

Got rid of??? Traded for more than fair value...dude was valuable to BOTH teams....may have been the 2nd biggest reason the Pats lost the SB....after Malcolm Butler.

Meh.....he might be real close...

Deep LB core in draft...Still hoping for Lorenzo Carter

ahahahahahahah.....You gonna make Kevin D come in here and comment.....

The draft....probably high ability guys with character issues.

Exactly....give Cooks the QB's Watkins played with....give Watkins Brees and Brady.....career paths changed.

Draft high ability low....coach them up.

you better be....
I mean...how many times do I have to tell you, guys that run 4.3 matter.

Me too....but the speed helps...he was a beast at OSU....much like Brian Quick made Austin Davis....Cooks made Mannion...got him in the league.

Give it time...patience grasshopper.

They must really like Samson, Thompson, Longacre, Ramtik, Barron....and, and....Cassanova McKinnzy....do we still have him? Oh yeah, Littleton and Hager too...

Exactly....still have hope for Lorenzo Carter & Malik Jefferson
https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-43-Outside-LBs-2018-Draft.asp

Maybe a plan in here somewhere....LOLOL

Careful now....but it is your opinion Grove....not sure how he passed Vermeil already...
D@mn Champ, this is a trolling stew! If 40 times were what determined NFL Excellence, then Tavon Austin and Renaldo Nehemiah would be headed for, or in, the NFL Hall of Fame.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
This makes sense now - Vita Vea was the only likely first round pick that had a private visit with us. If the Rams were likely to use that pick they would have had players like Landry or Vander Esch in for visits.

Interesting that McVay wanted Cooks last year but could not get him from the Saints. Maybe Watkins was Plan B and he was never too serious about resigning him if there was a chance he could get Cooks in a similar trade.

The draft will be dull this year until the third round, but I'm fine with that!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It looks Like I gained another night of my life (Day one of the Draft). Surely Snead wouldn't trade into the 2nd round with all of the 6th rounders?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Every Rams opponent will have their #1 corner on Cooks, covering a true deep threat, which gives Gurley, Woods and Kupp room underneath. Cooks will get 50+ targets. Guy has more 20+ yd receps the last 3 years than any other WR. Over 1,000 yds receiving the last 3 years. Yeah. he's small, but the guy makes plays and he will fill the hole Watkins left.
Good attitude and good guy in the locker room. Interesting that McSnead were trying to get him last off season. They liked him better than Watkins?
I wasn't big on the trade at first, but after I did some research I think he'll be a great fit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every Rams opponent will have their #1 corner on Cooks, covering a true deep threat, which gives Gurley, Woods and Kupp room underneath. Cooks will get 50+ targets. Guy has more 20+ yd receps the last 3 years than any other WR. Over 1,000 yds receiving the last 3 years. Yeah. he's small, but the guy makes plays and he will fill the hole Watkins left.
Good attitude and good guy in the locker room. Interesting that McSnead were trying to get him last off season. They liked him better than Watkins?
I wasn't big on the trade at first, but after I did some research I think he'll be a great fit.
Yes....and what intrigues me is that Goff and he have been working out together. I wonder if McVay asked him about Cooks and how much he liked throwing to him?....I am excited about this.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I find myself saying this over and over but it comes down to one thing. Trust in Wade! If he felt he had to have a 1st round linebacker then Snead and McVay would have found a way to make it happen. We do however have several comments from Wade talking about how much he likes the linebackers on the roster. He’s forgot more about football than the combined ROD membership has ever known. Trust in Wade!
Slow yur effin roll! ~LACHAMP46

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The one thing I can say for Cooks is that he has the ability to be one of the best all-around WRs in the NFL if McVay maximizes his potential. Plus, he can run the Austin jet sweep.
Talk about a crazy reverse or double reverse combo. I know... too college.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nailed it. That's exactly how I feel. Once this guy is extended, this deal will look like a great move; but I am concerned about all of the contracts coming up next year. $100 million doesn't go as far as it used to.

Reynolds will see time, just not as much now.

You know, I was just saying this to my personal banker while I was treating him to an organic Chai Sage aromatherapy massage.

In the Eighties, you could buy a pretty big island with that money...including the people!

Now? You barely get a 3 floor NY penthouse overlooking the Park and a couple of trips a year to Dubai and Gstaad...

Tough living on a budget...

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
As long as we resign him, it's a fantastic move. One of the best speed receivers in the game, still only 24yrs old, better than Watkins from an injury and production standpoint. Better than OBJ and the risk/reward associated. Much safer move, again AS LONG AS WE RESIGN HIM.

Agreed, and yes -- this deal looks like a brilliant move IF they can re-sign him.

My initial reaction to the news was:
DymEe.gif

But after having time to think about it, I'm more like:
giphy.gif