Bradford to vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't see how he can come in with a weeks work only and get up to speed. It's going to be extremely difficult for him to get straigt in there,
He doesn't have to win games by himself, and they can tailor the offense to him, somewhat....It's the Peterson Show, after all.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Philly came out smelling like Roses here ... They invested in the QB position and capitalized when the market was desperate for it.

They have their future in place, a guy who can play while the future gets ready, and they got a nice return for Sam.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Vikings are going to be scary this year with that defense and run game and they have weapons for Sam to throw to. Wini win trade for both teams.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Shurmer KNOWS Sam. The system will be easy but the timing w receivers will take time. Daniels is a stud so the Eagles are good w Wentz developing. The Vikes just improved. Great trade on both sides. Unfortunately, it was always two things that held Bradford back...health and contract expectations.

If I had to grade QB corps now, it would be Eagles (Daniels/Wentz), Rams (Keenum/Mannion/Goff), Vikings (Hill, Bradford/Bridgewater)...but it's a very close call on all three. All this hinges on my belief that Daniels is Breese/Flutie 2.0, Wentz > Goff, and Bradford has NEVER been supported by a truly good team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"....and Sam Bradford hoists the Lombardi with his former Oklahoma teammate Adrian Peterson at his side....."
~Super Bowl Coverage

Meanwhile in Los Angeles....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Queens may be expecting Sam to start the next 2 years.
The timing was pretty bad for an injury that bad. Teddy may miss next season as well

Memphis Ram

Legend
Just noticed that the Vikings went 11-5 last year with an anemic Teddy Bridgewater throwing for 14 TDs vs. 12 INTs. Bradford represents an upgrade for them.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably Daniel. Isn't Wentz still dealing with his ribs?
Wentz has his ribs under control!
Ribs.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
OMG, can you imagine the gnashing of teeth if Bradford does well this year? lol
Don't see how he can come in with a weeks work only and get up to speed. It's going to be extremely difficult for him to get straight in there,
Couple of thoughts...
One, Sam has played very well, the last 7-9 games last year, and every preseason game...He's learned various systems while in the pro's...He'll be ready to go week 1, they remain a playoff team, Zim isn't a fool, no way was he going into the year with Shaun Hill...he spoke with Les....lookout for Cord Patterson...
Two, Eagles must really like Wentz...all I'll say, he came from a pro style system...I see him starting b-4 any rookie and doing well...b4 Dak...doing well, not starting...Don't be surprised if he's starting week 1....More pro ready....just saying...
3...we will be battling for a playoff spot we these fuckers....geez! Sam is the gift that keeps on giving...a first and a fourth? how in the hell did Philly pull that off? And we had to cut Foles? geez...no vaseline...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm betting the Eagles put in a claim for Aaron Murray now.

Athos

Legend
I'll ask be interested to see how Chase does as a starting QB.

I know @jrry32 and talked about him being a bridge.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They hd to to do this...they have little talent on their roster. Look at this set of facts.

3 of the last 4 1st round picks for this team was not going be a factor for them this year. Lane Johnson ( suspended 10 games) Marcus Smith (Bust, might get cut), Carson Wentz (not ready to play and was slated to be 3rd string this year and inactive).

Then consider that last years #1, Nelson Aghalor has been a big disappointment thus far and fans fear he is also a bust.

They also are now shopping their 2nd round pick from last year, Eric Rowe, who can't play CB as they hoped.

So they have had little to no impact from the top of their draft over the last 4 years and as I mentioned earlier, the Browns are sitting pretty as they will have a top 3 or 5 pick from the Eagles next year.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Pretty interesting move for both sides. I think it's too short a time for Bradford to really familiarize himself with those receivers. A lot of work for AP, and if he goes down, even for a little while, they're sunk. That's how it was going to be anyway, though. I don't know, Bradford's not a terribly inspiring guy at the moment, and not sure he's right for the offense. They would have done better to try and get Kaep or Geno in my opinion: cheaper and more boom potential, with the same amount of bust potential.

For the Eagles, love getting the picks. Daniel hasn't been good this preseason, and Wentz is hurt and didn't look ready when he did play. Looks like they're punting the season, to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Really? He's the tight-ends coach. He's gonna pull double duty and coach QBs now too?

Well, considering that Scott Turner (Norv's Son) is the QB coach, maybe. BTW how great has Pat Shurmur been for Sam Bradford? He gets him to Philly last year and now gets him to Minnesota, unreal!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couple of thoughts...
One, Sam has played very well, the last 7-9 games last year, and every preseason game...He's learned various systems while in the pro's...He'll be ready to go week 1, they remain a playoff team, Zim isn't a fool, no way was he going into the year with Shaun Hill...he spoke with Les....lookout for Cord Patterson...
Two, Eagles must really like Wentz...all I'll say, he came from a pro style system...I see him starting b-4 any rookie and doing well...b4 Dak...doing well, not starting...Don't be surprised if he's starting week 1....More pro ready....just saying...
3...we will be battling for a playoff spot we these fuckers....geez! Sam is the gift that keeps on giving...a first and a fourth? how in the hell did Philly pull that off? And we had to cut Foles? geez...no vaseline...

Well, the big bummer in Philly has been that on the year they will host the NFL draft without a 1st Round pick...They are playing up Chase Daniels right now on Philly Sports Talk because he knows the system...They accept that this is a lost year, with Wentz eventually getting playing experience.....They lose Bradford next year anyway, so they scored a Grand Slam HR....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Holy Geez!

Maybe Eagles knew what they were doing after all when they signed him? Got some nice picks, instead of letting him walk.

Well played.
JMO But I think the Eagles just threw away this Season! The Giants will jump back on top this year in the Leastern Division!(y);)

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well, the big bummer in Philly has been that on the year they will host the NFL draft without a 1st Round pick...They are playing up Chase Daniels right now on Philly Sports Talk because he knows the system...They accept that this is a lost year, with Wentz eventually getting playing experience.....They lose Bradford next year anyway, so they scored a Grand Slam HR....
Well, they may not have a great 1st round pick, but wherever the Vikes pick lands them, they are in excellent position to rebuild the team...probably looking for a lineman...
As far as Minnesota....I think Teddy's knee is a serious concern....sorta like Quick's shoulder...

So why not play Shaun Hill?
you a real ram fan?
200_s.gif
200_s.gif
e285254f6a3d09d81ff18f722e31d01bb102f8a78ad57262b744b91ca34c63e4.gif