Bradford Officially placed on IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Oh hell, never mind, you are right. I should have just done this. Here you go.
nljgebyo2379c8r3.D.0.beautiful_girl_77-1680x1050.jpg

Pervert...geez.

Last edited:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You bet. It happens often. Long-term it doesn't help much but it could allow you to sign a player and frontload the deal.
Not bad, out of all these years I never knew that. Amazing the things you don't know after following the game so closely! lol

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah - this year was the first I'd heard of this. Is it new?
Honesly have no idea lol
I always was under the impression if you don't spend it the NFL team keeps it and next seasons tarts with a fresh Salary Cap amount.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Yeah - this year was the first I'd heard of this. Is it new?

I'm not sure. It may have come into play with the new CBA. But if you look on Spotrac and other sites like it under the cap section, you'll see team's have rollover listed. This is why the cap number + cap space available exceeds the allotted $133M cap.

Here's more:

Can a team carry excess/unused cap space into the next year?
Yes. Unused cap space from a team's previous year cap can be added to the following year. The team must notify the league of their intent to rollover cap money at least 14 days prior to the start of the next season's league year.

http://www.spotrac.com/terms/nfl/can-a-team-carry-excessunused-cap-space-into-the-next-year-295/

There should be a way that the player still gets paid but the money doesn't count against the cap, but that would make too much sense.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Season ending injuries sustained prior to the 1st game of the season should allow the Paragraph 5 salary for that year to NOT count against the cap for that year. Prorated bonuses and any other bonuses already paid or other guaranteed monies should still be counted as per the CBA.

That's the way it SHOULD be.

But, ya know...that would make sense for the players AND teams so that a team wouldn't lose a season because of an unlucky preseason while a few mid-priced vets who could really help them are stuck sitting, waiting for injuries for a call but can't start a season anywhere because their cap hit is too high even with the vet exemption (or because they're good enough that they command a bit more than that).

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
What about compensatory picks? Is this Bradfords last year on contract? If the Rams cut him does that affect compensatory?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What about compensatory picks? Is this Bradfords last year on contract? If the Rams cut him does that affect compensatory?
I'm pretty sure compensatory picks only come in when a team loses a player through FA.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I'm pretty sure compensatory picks only come in when a team loses a player through FA.

That was pretty much what I meant. If I could write better it would have been perfectly clear. If the Rams cut him, I'm guessing that's not losing him to FA. However, if his contract is up and some team picks him up in FA do the Rams get compensation?