Bradford Officially placed on IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Just got this update on my phone.....

I don't know if I just hoped beyond this wouldnt come but it's official.

fml-o.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Part of me was just hoping that the Rams were tricking the NFL and would trot him out there week 1...but now it's official. :cry:

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Nope, The Son of Sam is comimg! Oh Shit! That response didn't work out well at all. But they already think we're evil and it doesn't bother me. My bad!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Okay, so what does this do for the cap number this year? Does he still get the full salary? Obviously the front office didn't cut him outright, so maybe they haven't given up on him yet.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Okay, so what does this do for the cap number this year? Does he still get the full salary? Obviously the front office didn't cut him outright, so maybe they haven't given up on him yet.

Full Salary

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
nope not falling for it. still waiting for ashton kutcher to bust through my door telling me i got punked

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can't BELIEVE their gonna pay him over 17 mill this year. Unreal.
GO RAMS!!!
Why not? If Kim Kardashian can make 17 mil in a month from her app, then this is peanuts. Doesn't hurt the Rams. They have their team already and are under the cap. So far it's a non-issue, because it's the first thing you have to do with an injured player. Because, as others have pointed out, you can't just cut the guy outright without negotiating an injury settlement. Plus, we don't know if they even will cut him yet.

What they do from here remains to be seen.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm over it already, I'm sorry for Bradford, but I'm ready for football and for Hill to sent us to to the Bowl.

markstewart67

Rookie
I'm over it already, I'm sorry for Bradford, but I'm ready for football and for Hill to sent us to to the Bowl.
Im over Bradford as well. I wish his career with us would have taken off, But due to all the reasons that weren't his fault and some that were he didn't become the QB everyone thought he was gonna be. I wish him all the best in the world, But I wish we could just move on, save the 10 mill for next years cap, and make a change in 2015. For this year?? In Hill I Trust.
GO RAMS!!!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Full Salary
How would they use that money anyways? Not really any way to spend 17 million this far into the year. Also an injury settlement wouldn't save the team any money this year either. It is the teams responsibility to be accountable for a players injury. We know Bradford will be out the entire year, so even with an injury settlement he would get his full salary for this year. When a player is hurt you can't simply cut him to save money, that is unethical and against the CBA

markstewart67

Rookie
Teams cut players all the time that can;t stay healthy, And why cant we save the extra cap cash for next year?? We don't have to spend it this year. It can go towards his guaranteed cash for 2015. Im not trying to start something.....Im just asking.
GO RAMS!!!

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
The teams used to be able to cut an injured player. I recall players getting injured and the team would cut the player the next day...Very unfair. This was back in the late 60's. I'm glad they're not allowed to do that now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The teams used to be able to cut an injured player. I recall players getting injured and the team would cut the player the next day...Very unfair. This was back in the late 60's. I'm glad they're not allowed to do that now.
Sup Mike. Welcome to the show.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
Thanks everyone... I'm glad to be here I've been a lurker for awhile....and living in the land of the Charger fans and remember when the Chargers were one of the worst teams in the league...I'm really bummed for Sam...I tore my ACL/MCL...it friggin hurt your leg swells up...your knee is full of fluid......I can't imagine tearing it again...