Bradford Officially placed on IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That was pretty much what I meant. If I could write better it would have been perfectly clear. If the Rams cut him, I'm guessing that's not losing him to FA. However, if his contract is up and some team picks him up in FA do the Rams get compensation?
Yeah - message boards are great for crystal clear communication - eh?o_O

I don't think he becomes a FA until 2016. At that point we would likely receive a compensatory pick if we lost him to another team. The NFL's formula for deciding who gets what though doesn't seem to be set in stone so I'm not sure anyone could say what level of pick we would receive. That may also have to do with whether or not Sam plays next season as well. Supposedly some of the determining factor is the size of the player's contract. But I'm not even sure if it is the contract he signs with another team or the contract he had prior. I've also read that part of the formula is based on how well the player does with his new team.

Really cleared it up - didn't I? Yep. Clear as mud.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was pretty much what I meant. If I could write better it would have been perfectly clear. If the Rams cut him, I'm guessing that's not losing him to FA. However, if his contract is up and some team picks him up in FA do the Rams get compensation?
That is actually a pretty good question.