Bonsignore: Jeff Fisher cost Rams a chance to win, but he won’t admit it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Bottom line....defenses know when the Rams are going to pass and when they are going to run. It's obvious. This is why Gurley can't get on track. Some are saying Keenum has a tell. I think the play calling is too readable. It could be both. Whatever the problem is They had better get it fixed.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Bottom line....defenses know when the Rams are going to pass and when they are going to run. It's obvious. This is why Gurley can't get on track. Some are saying Keenum has a tell. I think the play calling is too readable. It could be both. Whatever the problem is They had better get it fixed.
Don't think it's quite as predictable as the past.Still a long ways to go .no doubt

tavian

Well, if he's calling redzone plays, then he doesn't really need a coordinator.
Let alone two.
seriously.I don't think that he is calling actual plays,But I do think he pulls on the reigns
at times.You don't get that feeling at all?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
seriously.I don't think that he is calling actual plays,But I do think he pulls on the reigns
at times.You don't get that feeling at all?
I really don't know. Read this quote and tell me what it means to you.
Incidentally, all of the coaches say "we" when talking about their own jobs.

(On the kind of game he thought offensive coordinator Rob Boras called and if they were trying to get the ball up the field more)
“As a head coach, as coordinators, we all second-guess ourselves after it’s all said and done. Rob was not happy with himself, but a lot of it was dictated by what the defense was doing and by what we were trying to do. We wanted to get the run-game going, we needed to get the run-game going. We felt that, even at halftime being down two scores, we felt (that) we just needed to take balance in this game and make some plays and get some points and we’ll find a way to win this. As I mentioned to you in the past, Rob did an outstanding job calling plays the last four or five weeks (of last season) when I put him in a difficult position – he’s a good playcaller, we just didn’t execute for him.”

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

(On the kind of game he thought offensive coordinator Rob Boras called and if they were trying to get the ball up the field more)
“As a head coach, as coordinators, we all second-guess ourselves after it’s all said and done. Rob was not happy with himself, but a lot of it was dictated by what the defense was doing and by what we were trying to do. We wanted to get the run-game going, we needed to get the run-game going. We felt that, even at halftime being down two scores, we felt (that) we just needed to take balance in this game and make some plays and get some points and we’ll find a way to win this. As I mentioned to you in the past, Rob did an outstanding job calling plays the last four or five weeks (of last season) when I put him in a difficult position – he’s a good playcaller, we just didn’t execute for him.”
I remember, Spags calling timeouts, so that he could change the play McDaniels was calling. It happened more than a few times. That is dictating what they ran then.

Hell, at this point, I wish Fisher did call the plays.

Last edited:

tavian

I got nothing.Hard to read too much out of that.
Guess we may never know.I just get that feeling at times.
If Boras had a foundation of work as OC outside of Fisher would make it a lot easier.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
To me it reads " it doesn't matter what d they are in we are going to call the plays we want to" and that is a problem

jacktheripper85

Starter
I agree on going for it on the last Red Zone series too, when they came out for the field goal I was like wtf, what are you doing, go for the TD now while you are this close.

Agreed. If you don't have confidence in your QB to put the ball in the end-zone when you're on the 4 yd line and at home and you need a TD to tie it late in the game then maybe that guy shouldn't be on the field. And as the coach if you don't know which QB should be on the field by now maybe it's time to stop coaching.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry LA that would require creativity.
That kind of thing has no place on this team
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

If anyone on this staff is creative, it's Fassel.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't care anymore. Jeff Fisher is the freakin Head Coach in YEAR FIVE..We SHOULD be winning 13 games this year if he and the GM were worth a hot d@mn. I'm sorry, I want to be more positive, and this team does have some positives, but we shouldn't be begging for 8-8 this year, after all of these years of waiting. Fish needs to go.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher doesn't call the plays. Blame Boras for the red zone calls.

and you see how gassed the D was on last drive. Fisher knew this and didn't want to assume we could go 3 and out because we prob wouldn't have. McCoy gashed us. They were tired.
He gashed us when we were getting off the bus!:wtf:

Debacled

Starter
But on a fake punt, you have to run it like it's a real punt. Which means, as the gunner, he's supposed to ... gun.
Still wanna see how that action unfolded on that side, but I can't until they put the all-22 out.

Maybe if they were looking to toss a pass you could say he should fake him out, but with an outside run to his side of the field off of a direct snap?

Chase had a decent seal off to that side minus the corner coming in. If Marquez wouldn't have had to cut back inside he would have just had to turn that corner, and worst case scenario beat one man to that side who would be getting slowed up by Reynold's seal.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Troy Hill COMPLETELY whiffed on his man on the outside. Runs 3 yards past him and turn around like oops. Had he stuck his man they may have been able to seal the edge there.

That said I don't think it was a terrible call. The offense was doing next to nothing in the 2nd half. Betting on getting the ball back and then the offense functioning later in the game under a time schedule would be rough to say the least.

They should have gone for the Touchdown when it was 4th and 4. That is a much safer play to risk the game on. Plus they have a kicker that can kick 60 yards. So, they only need to get to the 45-50 yard line to tie it. If they don't score the Bills are on the 4. A lot can happen from that position, but Rex is also a defensive coach so he probably tries to run to avoid a safety. The Rams could have sat on the run.

When his fakes worked in the past, he was a genius, when this one failed he is the worst coach ever. I liked the call myself. D was gassed and I didn't see a 3 and out coming and a 80+ yd drive with no timeouts. JMO

This fake was poorly designed and executed. If they want to run the fake the center should angle like he is actually snapping the ball to Hekker, not Marquez, and putting a guy in motion was a giveaway. And, like mentioned, if two guys block, it has a chance of succeeding. My 9 year old was watching and he called the fake.

Disagree.This was a bad call all the way around.If we make it I'm still shaking my head.He essentially
put the game on the line with that one play.Defense was playing well up to that point.Too much time
on the clock for that kind of desperation play.We have the best punter in the game and timeouts.
The biggest problem I have with it is the finger pointing. What Fisher did in the press conference was
absolutely classless.JMHO

Exactly.

Fisher doesn't call the plays. Blame Boras for the red zone calls.

and you see how gassed the D was on last drive. Fisher knew this and didn't want to assume we could go 3 and out because we prob wouldn't have. McCoy gashed us. They were tired.

Well, if he's calling redzone plays, then he doesn't really need a coordinator.
Let alone two.

He does where a headset. Isn't it likely that he talks strategy with the OC, especially considering that the OC is brand new to the job? Who decided it was a good idea to run twice and then have to be forced to pass on third down, when the run hasn't been there most of the game? That didn't look like the series Boras was calling the whole game.