Bonsignore: Jeff Fisher cost Rams a chance to win, but he won’t admit it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
Fisher doesn't call the plays. Blame Boras for the red zone calls.

and you see how gassed the D was on last drive. Fisher knew this and didn't want to assume we could go 3 and out because we prob wouldn't have. McCoy gashed us. They were tired.
Well I'll blame Boras, he had some crappy red zone calls and those calls prior to the fake punt were pathetic as well. I still say they had a better chance of winning by punting, but for whatever reason this universe allows you to have an opinion too, even if it is wrong;) I mean different.

tbux

Rookie
Well I'll blame Boras, he had some crappy red zone calls and those calls prior to the fake punt were pathetic as well. I still say they had a better chance of winning by punting, but for whatever reason this universe allows you to have an opinion as well, even if it is wrong;) I mean different.

well we will never know- I would say IMO that there was as good a chance to convert that fake as it was to force a 3 and out and then go the length of the field and score a td. Actually I think there was a better chance of converting the fake.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
The d was stopping the run very well when they stacked the box, and in the second half. There were 4 minutes left in the game, Donald said the rotation was fine, which tells me he wasn't ready to get of the field. If a TD was that important then the last series in the red zone would have been a better time to get it, cause I agree, Fisher had little faith in his o to drive the length of the field. Better, more aggressive play calling on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down would also have been better than a fake, but not too much of a fake, fake punt IMHO.
I agree on going for it on the last Red Zone series too, when they came out for the field goal I was like wtf, what are you doing, go for the TD now while you are this close.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I couldn't disagree more- if we converted and then scored, I assure you everyone would be praising him- like they did in 2012 in similar situation.

I didn't express myself properly. They would I agree. But it would still have been a bad call that got lucked out

Bruce2980

Starter
I agree on going for it on the last Red Zone series too, when they came out for the field goal I was like wtf, what are you doing, go for the TD now while you are this close.
In hind sight I would say go for it as well, but when I was watching the game, with all of the stupid play calls in the red zone, I thought that there was no way in hell that they had a chance of getting that ball across the goal line, but it would have been better than a telegraphed fake punt on the twenty, hands down.

Bruce2980

Starter
well we will never know- I would say IMO that there was as good a chance to convert that fake as it was to force a 3 and out and then go the length of the field and score a td. Actually I think there was a better chance of converting the fake.
Ha, I thought they had more of a chance of forcing a turnover on special teams or the D than to convert the fake punt. I guess either way they were some real long shots. The game was lost long before by the piss poor play calls in the red zone and the series with the fake punt, and I guess Fisher knew it, or he knew the players lost the game cause the coaching staff is not at fault. Even with all of the mistakes that the players made, with better coaching, they could have pulled this game out.

Bruce2980

Starter
I think what made me dislike it the most is that it was do or die, and the wad was blown with four minutes left, it was very disheartening, and even if they did get it, they still had 75 or so yards to go, and Boras may have called a run, run, pass in front of the sticks again, if for no other reason than the Bills D would never have thought that anyone could call such a stupid drive and they would have been fooled on every play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Marquez is a gamer, but I wonder if Austin should have been used there? A cutback lane was there.
Exactly what i saw from the video. He decided immediately to go wide which is probably the design, but the Rams got a seal off in the middle and a lane developed pretty quickly. It would've closed fast but with better speed and vision from the runner that was a nice hole.

Bruce2980

Starter
I dunno about all of that, but to call a fake punt within your own 20? That's the bonehead call to me. Fake punts work and don't work, that's not the problem. It's the position he the team after that bonehead call.
You mean like the no way to win situation? Good generals always use that as a last result, four minutes left was not the last result. That suituation could have been avoided by the previous red zone series too. Not to mention the play calling prior to the fake. I don't think Fisher has a good grasp of the game, like planning plays ahead, or even drives ahead. He demonstrated that on the two point conversion against the Bucs. His logic was severely flawed, and he doesn't play the odds and numbers game like Vermeil did, he was very good at it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Welp.

Upon further review, there is no way the crowd tipped off the play. Darby was peeking into the backfield the whole time and never turned his back on the play.
So, no, Jeff. If you weren't kidding, and you really believe that, you're wrong.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZzcK_dUrxE

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How dare you speak nay of our Führer.
I don't mind calling out bad stuff when it's evident.
I just don't need to use a thousand adjectives and nouns to do it.
Know what I mean, Vern?

giphy.gif

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Well I'll blame Boras, he had some crappy red zone calls
According to @-X- (or what he has read on the topic)Fisher only messes with the offense in certain situations.Me personally I believe the red zone is one of those situations.There are people who believe Fisher doesn't interfere
at all with the play calling.Me I Don't think his EGO(caps because it's a big one) would allow him to Not interfere.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I don't mind calling out bad stuff when it's evident.
I just don't need to use a thousand adjectives and nouns to do it.
Know what I mean, Vern?

giphy.gif
As soon as I get this adjective thing figured out I will

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
According to @-X- (or what he has read on the topic)Fisher only messes with the offense in certain situations.Me personally I believe the red zone is one of those situations.There are people who believe Fisher doesn't interfere
at all with the play calling.Me I Don't think his EGO(caps because it's a big one) would allow him to Not interfere.
Well, if he's calling redzone plays, then he doesn't really need a coordinator.
Let alone two.