Bleacher Report says Rams' coaching worst in NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...staff-heading-into-the-2014-nfl-season/page/2

Number 32

Head coach: Jeff Fisher

Offensive coordinator: Brian Schottenheimer

Defensive coordinator: Gregg Williams

Special teams coordinator: John Fassel

Jeff Fisher is the most overrated head coach in the league.

Outside of one Super Bowl run with the Tennessee Titans 15 years ago, there hasn't been much to Fisher's teams. He may have a 156-137-1 career record as a head coach, but 13 of his 19 seasonal records have ended at or below .500. In other words, Fisher's teams have largely been mediocre throughout his career.

One overrated head coach doesn't make or break a coaching staff, but Fisher's assistants aren't exactly Hall of Famers either.

Brian Schottenheimer has been among the worst offensive coordinators in the league in recent years. His offenses have ranked 22nd in total offense and 18th in scoring offense on average since he ascended to offensive coordinator in 2008, ranking in the top 10 just once in either category.

Gregg Williams was once known for his blitzing defenses, but now he is most famously known for his role in and subsequent suspension from the Bountygate scandal in New Orleans.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Gregg Williams was once known for his blitzing defenses, but now he is most famously known for his role in and subsequent suspension from the Bountygate scandal in New Orleans."

What does that even mean? That he lost his skills and will to blitz because he was in some trouble? What? o_O

paceram

Pro Bowler
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...staff-heading-into-the-2014-nfl-season/page/2

Number 32

Head coach: Jeff Fisher

Offensive coordinator: Brian Schottenheimer

Defensive coordinator: Gregg Williams

Special teams coordinator: John Fassel

Jeff Fisher is the most overrated head coach in the league.

Outside of one Super Bowl run with the Tennessee Titans 15 years ago, there hasn't been much to Fisher's teams. He may have a 156-137-1 career record as a head coach, but 13 of his 19 seasonal records have ended at or below .500. In other words, Fisher's teams have largely been mediocre throughout his career.

One overrated head coach doesn't make or break a coaching staff, but Fisher's assistants aren't exactly Hall of Famers either.

Brian Schottenheimer has been among the worst offensive coordinators in the league in recent years. His offenses have ranked 22nd in total offense and 18th in scoring offense on average since he ascended to offensive coordinator in 2008, ranking in the top 10 just once in either category.

Gregg Williams was once known for his blitzing defenses, but now he is most famously known for his role in and subsequent suspension from the Bountygate scandal in New Orleans.

I guess that makes me pretty stupid because I am very excited about that worst coaching staff in the League!

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just having Fisher with a winning record and Williams would put the Rams in the middle of the pack without any thought needed.

This is all good with me. I have no problem being underrated. It makes for huge smackdowns all season.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
"Gregg Williams was once known for his blitzing defenses, but now he is most famously known for his role in and subsequent suspension from the Bountygate scandal in New Orleans."

What does that even mean? That he lost his skills and will to blitz because he was in some trouble? What? o_O

Will to blitz sounds like some sort Ben affleck monstrosity

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
"Alessandro is a writer for Bleacher Report, Sports Illustrated and The MMQB.
Biography
Hailing from Northern California"

'nuf said.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Alessandro Miglio, the writer of this piece, can be contacted at his Facebook site and on his Twitter feed. I'm sure he would be happy to hear from you. :sneaky:

t7iwqd.jpg

Av8R

UDFA
Sounds like someone needed to make the deadline...

"And oh yeah... Greg Williams, blah blah blah. And is known for Bounty Gate."

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Methinks a whole lotta Niners fans are about to bubble over this season re: Williams. He's the reason for this ranking.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
"One nobody writer on the internet doesn't make or break bleacher report, but other writers aren't exactly Pulitzer Prize winners, either."

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
News is slow right now these guys are scratching too write anything. I like Fisher always have. All though I saw a guy last week on another board just trashing Fisher. I am thinking this is a rams fan?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yah, besides the Super Bowl run, and a solidly winning record (totals including his first two years with the Rams after taking over a record setting bad team) Fisher sucks. :confused:

Apparently Bountygate has turned Williams from one of the best D coordinators to the worst by a large margin, or something. That's the only way the Rams could have the worst coaching in the league - since as much as I'm not impressed by Schottenheimer, he has been 18th in the league in scoring offenses on average - which isn't great - but is FAR from the worst. Special teams are solid, so Fassel can't be said to be that bad.

It's amazing that the Rams went 7-9 in the toughest division in the NFL despite having such horrendous coaching and the youngest team in the league.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's amazing that the Rams went 7-9 in the toughest division in the NFL despite having such horrendous coaching and the youngest team in the league.

Ikr, imagine how much better they would have been with a better coaching staff like the Raiders or Bills or Cowboys or any of the first time coaches hired this year, those guys are proven NFL winners....

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Bleacher report, 'nuff said.

Btw, Not an assault on you posting this @RamzFanz. Just don't like these idiots at BR.

didntreadintro.png

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah, I can imagine someone over at the place where I came from latching onto this piece big time. Who knows, maybe ol' blue fonts got a job with BR :LOL:

I guess ol' Stan should've taken my advice and given Spags another year.