Bleacher Report says Rams' coaching worst in NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
lol is that really even an argument, besides one super bowl run and an ultimately winning record he had some losing records, so he's bad!

Doesn't that make all coaches bad coaches?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's an opinion, and everyone's got one ... apparently.

Two of his non-winning seasons (out of 8 in 19 years) are due to injuries (2004, 2013), two are due to rebuilds (2005, 2012), and one is due, by virtue, of having two completely ineffective QBs (2010). His first year was as an interim (1994), so that doesn't count. The rest are .500 or better. One *could* look at the 3 division records and 1 conference championship as "not enough" over the course of his career, and that's what he's doing. But I'm willing to bet $20,000.00 in actual money that this fantasy sportswriter didn't delve into the particulars of any of his seasons to see WHY the records were the way they were.

Lazy. Lazy and irresponsible 'journalism.'

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Marc Brunnel was on XM radio yesterday or maybe it was Sat. but he was extolling Shottenheimers talents and pretty well intimating that a QB needed to be smart in his system,said Bradford was extremely smart

Brunnel was Sanchez' backup for two years and I just got the drift he thinks Sanchez is dumb

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cool so that makes the likes of Jay Gruden, Mike Pettine, Mike Zimmer & Bill O'Brien superior and they've never coached before. This journalist also rates the likes of Dennis Allen (Raiders) & Joe Philbin (Dolphins) over Fisher? Oh well, I'm sure after this year he will move up a notch.

As to assistant coaches, well, for the sake of argument we'll leave Williams out of this and understand his sentiments on Schottenheimer. Still leaves IMO one of the best Special Teams Coordinator in John Fassel along with both line coaches in Mike Wauffle and Paul Bourdreau that are renowned in coaching circles. I'm assuming the author of this gobbledigook is a jilted Titan fan.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll simply agree with those who have noted that this article comes from the BR. Some of the worst nonsense I've seen has come from that blog.

cracengl

Rookie
Was Bountygate not successful? I mean, was it wrong? Yes. It was wrong. But it sure seemed to fire up a lot of defenses to beat the shit out of some people. So what does that have to do with how good our defense can be? I should really take up writing about sports. The only requirement seems to be to make sure you log plenty of "analysis" even if it doesn't mean anything.

Let me just practice with some mad libs: _______ will be ______ of the NFL because ____________. Johnny Manziel will be MVP of the NFL because he names each individual strand of his pubes. This shit is fun! Where's my paycheck?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know defending Shotty is grounds for a pummeling, but the reality of it is that the Jets went to 2 AFC championship games, and Shotty's offense had a lot to do with that. Its been well documented that Sanchize actually played his best in the post season.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Surprising this came from BR. Usually they're more optimistic then other sites.

It just doesn't make any sense, really. I think we have a dam good coaching staff. Even Schotty is well suited for a power O scheme.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for more motivation and for lighting a fire under their ass. This will only make them better and they are already an amazing staff.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I know defending Shotty is grounds for a pummeling, but the reality of it is that the Jets went to 2 AFC championship games, and Shotty's offense had a lot to do with that. Its been well documented that Sanchize actually played his best in the post season.

It's a fair point and one that has to be included in the discussion.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Well, I'm sure Fish is losing sleep over what some dumb-ass Whiner fan/blogger has to say...

Once again, with feeling...FUCK THE 49ERS :mad:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Surprising this came from BR. Usually they're more optimistic then other sites.

It just doesn't make any sense, really. I think we have a dam good coaching staff. Even Schotty is well suited for a power O scheme.
You feeling ok man? BR optimistic about the RAMS? You seem to be suffering from amnesia. Or are we talking about two different BRs? :D

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Was Bountygate not successful? I mean, was it wrong? Yes. It was wrong. But it sure seemed to fire up a lot of defenses to beat the crap out of some people. So what does that have to do with how good our defense can be?
I'm also confused on why people act like Bountygate was some form of cheating or getting an edge that other players do not, it's simply just a fucked up thing to do, putting money on injuring the crap out of somebody, but it's not like PED. It offers no edge or way up over anybody else in the NFL, yet people act like without it Gregg is somehow not the same coordinator he was.

It's weird. They act like he was handing out PEDs with every bounty paid.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for more motivation and for lighting a fire under their ass. This will only make them better and they are already an amazing staff.

I doubt they ever read one word of that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sounds like a good article idea. Certainly better than the half-asleep one presented here in this thread.