Bleacher Report says Rams' coaching worst in NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know defending Shotty is grounds for a pummeling, but the reality of it is that the Jets went to 2 AFC championship games, and Shotty's offense had a lot to do with that. Its been well documented that Sanchize actually played his best in the post season.

Not sure about pummeling, but Schottenheimer hasn't been very impressive with the Rams. The vision of an open, spread offense didn't work very well last season and you would have to think at least a large portion of that idea was his.

Things certainly improved when they leaned more on the ground game and a lot of people figure that is the direction they will go in this year.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Oh, fantastic. People such as myself (and Shane G. a while back) have spent years trying to improve B/R's reputation as a somewhat entertaining Rams-related blog (even if it's far behind the SI's of the world), and here this a-hole comes along and knocks the progress back about another year with one click.

Thanks, Alessandro. Freaking A-hole.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh, fantastic. People such as myself (and Shane G. a while back) have spent years trying to improve B/R's reputation as a somewhat entertaining Rams-related blog (even if it's far behind the SI's of the world), and here this a-hole comes along and knocks the progress back about another year with one click.

Yeah, you guys did a good job of advancing the positive rep of BR (and so does adding former NFL players), but man ... that was just flat out lazy.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Yeah, you guys did a good job of advancing the positive rep of BR (and so does adding former NFL players), but man ... that was just flat out lazy.

Yes, the Matt Bowen pieces in particular have been excellent. Very in-depth stuff from an ex-NFL player.

And yeah, he's getting killed in the comments section. Maybe now he'll wake the F up.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
When did Skeptical get a job writing for BR? BR is a mix of really good articles and s#it. This article is an example of s#it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Yeah - I actually thought BR was starting to come around but articles like this certainly don't help.

A55VA6

Legend
And once again a mentally retarded dumbass hits the internet and posts an article that makes no sense. JEFF FISHER IS OVERRATED... UH, BESIDES THAT ONE TIME.

What an idiot.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wouldn't even say that Fisher's record is all that impressive but the article is simply idiotic.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I wouldn't consider it a total loss.
Fans know there teams. They also know when a writer doesnt. Even the most reputable mags and sites have garbage on them.

BR isn't the laughing stock it used to be thanks to some educated, objective writting.

FRO

Legend
Fisher is an excellent HC. Does he have flaws? Absolutely, but this team they are building here looks like it's going to be a perennial contender once the talent matures. He is a great in game coach. There is rarely a time when I disagree with his decisions in game. He doesn't blow timeouts and challenges. He seems to have a plan to each and every game. He is willing to make changes and adjustments. Also he keeps the locker room in check. I have zero complaints with Fisher.

Now following Spags and Linehan may make him look like a better coach than he is. Sort of like the average looking chick who hands out with fat mays girls with bad skin.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now following Spags and Linehan may make him look like a better coach than he is. Sort of like the average looking chick who hands out with fat mays girls with bad skin.

Yes. We may have been lured into a false sense of suckurity.

MrMotes

Starter
Now following Spags and Linehan may make him look like a better coach than he is.

If we have the worst coaching staff in the NFL now, what was it before Fisher showed up?

Didn't another blog rank our roster 31st?

Now a 7 win season is nothing to be celebrating but for a team with the worst coaching staff in the NFL and 2nd worst roster, 2 of them in a row is miraculous.

ESPN has us ranked 20th and Vegas has our season total at 7.5. Until we prove otherwise, i think that's the amount of respect we deserve...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
"Alessandro is a writer for Bleacher Report, Sports Illustrated and The MMQB.
Biography
Hailing from Northern California"

'nuf said.

Obvious 49er fan that is just frustrated that Kaepernick is screwed now that Williams is running the show. When he says worst coaching staff, it really translates to most feared :sneaky:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I must have missed where it said he was from Northern California... I cllicked on his bio but didn't see that?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about pummeling, but Schottenheimer hasn't been very impressive with the Rams. The vision of an open, spread offense didn't work very well last season and you would have to think at least a large portion of that idea was his.

Things certainly improved when they leaned more on the ground game and a lot of people figure that is the direction they will go in this year.
Or when the spread wasnt working, he was able to adjust on the fly to a running game

Point being, the Rams coaching staff has collectively achieved a heck of a lot more than some on that list.