Black Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eight Head Coach openings ... five filled by men with a background on Defense ... interesting ... little surprising.
Houston Texans hitting on the best QB in the draft at pick 2 while having a DC background hire probably changed some owner perceptions.

Also to extend this thought... What would that alternate universe look like if the Panturds take Stroud at 1 overall. I wonder. Might not have this mini-run of DC hires this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Poor Commodes settling for Quinn
Watched an interview of that new owner and while there is certainly room for him to be a big upgrade over Snyder (not too tough of a bar to set) I'm not a fan of the dude. Glad I'm not a Commodes fan that's for damn sure.

Quinn seems like a fantastic training wheels coach for him. Have fun with that one bud. :laugh3:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Fascinating that two of the guys with pedigree in this coaching cycle were Vrabel and Belichick and yet both did not get jobs. Neither were even close to being the most sought after candidates.

And both come from systems where the coach has control over the front office.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I can picture Belichick doing something like Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, but at struggling football programs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He'd be smart to hang around McVay a bit more and absorb as much as he can of how he does shit, before he runs off to join a young staff that may crash and burn. Mayo seems to think he knows how to do everything better than Belicheat, but that org has been shaped around the old man so long it may be a long and tough road.

View: https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1753140447105429573

Had no clue where to put this but this is genius.

Has a ton of potential. I'd watch it. :laugh3:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Poor Washington, the more things change the more they remain the same.
Definitely a head scratcher… They replace a defensive HC who once lost a Super Bowl, with a defensive HC who once lost a Super Bowl.

That said, Dan Quinn might be the lucky one. The Washington gig is a pretty good one. They have some good talent to build on, cap space, and the #2 overall pick to go with extra picks for Sweat and Young.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That said, Dan Quinn might be the lucky one. The Washington gig is a pretty good one. They have some good talent to build on, cap space, and the #2 overall pick among picks for Sweat and Young.
I agree. I think the Washington gig is better than many are giving credit.
Snyder is gone, it’s a new era.
Quinn needs a solid offensive mind, and they can compete.
Im still not sold that Howell can’t be the guy, but either way like you said they have draft capital already.
That division? I think the Eagles are going to continue to melt down, the Giants are going nowhere and Quinn knows the ins and outs of what Dallas does.
Whos to say Quinn didn’t learn a thing or two, he was a mere play or two away from winning a SB.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Definitely a head scratcher… They replace a defensive HC who once lost a Super Bowl, with a defensive HC who once lost a Super Bowl.

That said, Dan Quinn might be the lucky one. The Washington gig is a pretty good one. They have some good talent to build on, cap space, and the #2 overall pick to go with extra picks for Sweat and Young.
Losing out on Johnson was brutal for them. I like Quinn though and from interviews it seems like he's learned a lot since being a HC*

Still, all things being equal, you're drafting a top QB, you'd want a top offensive mind to be there working with him for years.

*The popular refrain (and Morris said this) is that as 1st time HC, they micromanaged way too much and didn't delegate enough. It was Staley's problem too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A few reasons reported for teams in general, lacking interest in Belichick.

Belichick’s mishandling of a young QB, his inability to relate to players, his desire for total control.

In Atlanta specifically, Blank was not willing to change the structure of his leadership. Also Belichick’s frosty relationship with team President Chris McKay.

(This is from an article in the Athletic. )