PREGAME Bears at Rams - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This is the most important game of week one if you're a Rams/Bears fan.

I have nothing else to offer except wishing that both teams stay healthy and play up their potential.

Rams_IR_W1.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is the most important game of week one if you're a Rams/Bears fan.

I have nothing else to offer except wishing that both teams stay healthy and play up their potential.

Rams_IR_W1.png

Winning week 1 isn’t a must… but getting that first win is big. So, getting it week 1 is a nice springboard.

Go get it Rams!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Stupidly, the wife and I agreed to attend a bachelor/bachelorette party in Scottsdale until Sunday. At the time, had no thoughts that it would be the opening weekend of the NFL (or that freaking Delta would be raging). So now I essentially get to miss almost all of the NFL on opening weekend, and my flight lands back home literally as the Rams game kicks off. Thank God for DVR's. I'll be utterly a stressed out mess until I get start watching it... hell, even while I'm watching it. I'm stressed out about it right now.

GO RAMS!!!
Man this was painful to read. We'll miss ya Flatlyner in the GDT. Thankfully it's a long season, just don't miss anymore!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's literally made up. All part of "I'm a woman that knows how to talk numbers and math but I'm also a hot blonde so don't stereotype me" shtick.

It's like the PFF grades or the DVOA bullshit or whatever football outsiders thing is.

DVOA takes opponent into account and is pretty damn accurate.

For example, it had Tampa as a top team all year last year despite their record not reflecting that. Because all five losses were to playoff teams, and three were close games, the other two were losses to the Saints who went 13-3.

And while plenty of people rag on PFF, they are analyzing every player on every play - something that none of us have time to do.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Damn, I wish they wouldn't use Jake Funk to return kicks as mentioned today (either punts or kick off's).

For any that might not already know this, Jake had his 2 knee injuries (ACL), same knee I understand.....in college, not on the field as a running back, receiver or blocker, but BOTH TIMES returning kicks!!

Now please someone tell me why it's a good idea to use him returning kicks?.....EVER????

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
For any that might not already know this, Jake had his 2 knee injuries (ACL), same knee I understand.....in college, not on the field as a running back, receiver or blocker, but BOTH TIMES returning kicks!!

Now please someone tell me why it's a good idea to use him returning kicks?.....EVER????

I know one injury was him being a blocker against Ohio State on the kick off, not returning the kick. In most cases, kick offs are not returned, Atwell will handle the punt returns and I agree that maybe I would not use Funk on kick off returns, but he's the 3rd string RB and being active on game day, you have to utilize everyone accordingly.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Damn, I wish they wouldn't use Jake Funk to return kicks as mentioned today (either punts or kick off's).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So is Chris Garrett out? Just heard Raheem mention it. Sup with that.

"With three outside linebackers on their active roster this week, and Justin Lawler likely to be promoted from practice squad by game day, the Rams seem to be gambling that it will in the short term".

I do not feel good about having 3 OLB'ers with only Hollins, Floyd & Lewis & yes it does look like a serious gamble. DC Morris is fortunate to have Justin Lawler, who could see a lot more action than most think. He was very solid in the preseason. Could also indicate that Morris might throttle up many more additional snaps of lining up 4 DL'ers too.

I have no faith in that knee of Lewis.

Last edited:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I know one injury was him being a blocker against Ohio State on the kick off, not returning the kick. In most cases, kick offs are not returned, Atwell will handle the punt returns and I agree that maybe I would not use Funk on kick off returns, but he's the 3rd string RB and being active on game day, you have to utilize everyone accordingly.

Perhaps, but there are alternatives...or is it that lightening doesn't strike in the same place 3 times?

Thanks for the correction re: Jakes injury blocking during a kick-off. The original article I read didn't go into the detail only pointing out 2 injuries during returns.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

I think we found out who our kick returner is! It's Perkins!
(Joking)

Not to mention that Jake Funk isn't exactly elusive with stop-and-go abilities.

It looks like the speed is there which is usually good for a couple extra yards but I don't exactly see him as a kick returner either.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I expect the Rams' defensive front to be all over Red Rocket's nuts. Only guy I like on that Bears OL is Whitehair and he's gonna have AD in his face. Their RT Ifedi is going to need help vs Floyd all night. The Bears are in trouble up front in this one. My question is how well Long is gonna hold up, no idea there we just haven't seen enough of him to know. Hope Morris calls a sharp game with that secondary.

But I figure Dalton will be pulled by halftime and the Bears will need to put in the kid QB because of the rush. Just let him run around and use his legs.

Offensively I think the Rams are too much for Chicago. They should pull away. Only question is if they have a slow start like if the ground game isn't there early and maybe Stafford has to settle in a bit. But even if that happens I expect our offense to roll. And if the defense is getting three and outs this could be a blowout of Chicago IMO.