Attention Members

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Just sent a Tweet to Bernie, so when you see him mention a source with information on the situation (or whatever the saying is) you'll know it's me.

Next time Bernie and I get together for Papa John's I'll bring it up (topic first, terrible pizza shortly thereafter).

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I respect the good work trying to be done here but it's walking a fine line I think. Obviously there's no reason for personal attacks against each other or extremely foul language but censoring a topic that is obviously relevant is IMO crossing a line. if a certain topic is being beaten to death then a specific thread should be set up for it and punish those who repeatedly break those rules. Also it's a matter of perspective whether something is considered an 'attack' or not. Example: If I complain that Schotty is complete crap and the most uncreative OC and needs to be fired but give logical reasoning is that an attack or valid opinion up for debate or both? It can be frustrating if you see your post removed or reposted in the vent when another post very similar is OK'd. but oh well can't make everyone happy all the time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's the only thing that really worries me, I've seen comments like this more lately. I understand the desire to just stop these types of posts, especially when some people get really amped up over it, nobody wants that on the board. I'd hate for people to be getting banned over things like this. It's just something that caught my eye over the past few days. I know how tricky it is though, so I'm sure most were warranted.

I did have a post get deleted in the vent thread asking if it were true you could gear vikings fans over Rams fans in the dome. I don't know if it was from a mod or if people marked it as inappropriate (which I'm not sure why, as I wasn't bashing on Rams fans), but it was perplexing to see it gone.
Nothing gets deleted from the vent thread, but I have an idea about what might have happened to your post (because I've done the same thing and wondered what the hell happened to what I wrote). Sometimes I'll type out a post and instead of hitting "Post Reply", I'll click on the link to get back to the forum (RAMS - NFL TALK). I don't know if you ever click on that link, but that's what I've done before on more than one occasion.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Nothing gets deleted from the vent thread, but I have an idea about what might have happened to your post (because I've done the same thing and wondered what the hell happened to what I wrote). Sometimes I'll type out a post and instead of hitting "Post Reply", I'll click on the link to get back to the forum (RAMS - NFL TALK). I don't know if you ever click on that link, but that's what I've done before on more than one occasion.

I thought of that too, I thought I saw it on the thread, but given how poor the WiFi was in Europe it may not have been posted. Either way I'm not worried about it. I trust you guys.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Example: If I complain that Schotty is complete crap and the most uncreative OC and needs to be fired but give logical reasoning is that an attack or valid opinion up for debate or both? It can be frustrating if you see your post removed or reposted in the vent when another post very similar is OK'd. but oh well can't make everyone happy all the time.
I just addressed this, but I'll do it again using your example.

Is it hard to say, "Schotty is the most uncreative OC I've ever seen, and I wouldn't be heartbroken if he was canned."? As opposed to, "Schotty is complete crap and needs to be fired."? Because the issue is that everyone's opinion is gospel (you know, to them). So when you (or I, or anyone) states an opinion in absolutes while bashing the team, its coaches or the Organization, then you're putting people on the defensive. As PhxRam said a couple of days ago, I signed up with an account and was VERY critical of Bradford for the whole day and nobody was offended by anything I said. In fact, a few posters tried to give me examples of why I might be overreacting and laid out some very nice arguments FOR Bradford.

Now how much would you like to wager that you all would have 'inappropriated' me off the board if I came in swinging? What if I came in with that account and said things like, "Bradord sucks. Biggest bust ever. Can't take a hit, can't read defenses, pouts like a girl, can't move around, stares at receivers like there's no one else on the field, and is generally the biggest waste of money this Organization ever had the misfortune of drafting."? Those are the exact opinions I gave, but I used my words. I didn't use my emotions. I used my words.

All we're asking is that you discuss this team like you're discussing it WITH the team.

Philly5

Rookie
Forum has a lot of bells and whistles. Couldn't the relocation stuff be in a different view or folder? Pretty big news for the Rams, and being on the East Coast I appreciate reading about it. Please don't make me read SOKA. :sleep:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
As PhxRam said a couple of days ago, I signed up with an account and was VERY critical of Bradford for the whole day and nobody was offended by anything I said. In fact, a few posters tried to give me examples of why I might be overreacting and laid out some very nice arguments FOR Bradford. .

He1UQeS.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well said. I understand our standards may be overly high, but that's just life. There is no shortage of Rams boards on the internet where people can test the boundaries of what's acceptable to those respective boards. There is no universal standard for that. But here, we're down with this team through thick and thin and still have a (for lack of a better phrase) child-like affinity for them. If the bulk of the members here are "apologists" (and that's not a bad word), then so what? That doesn't mean they can't have a discussion about the issues with other posters who aren't so pie-in-the-sky about everything. Hell, I welcome it. But I would caution the more defensive posters to read what people are saying and not assign emotions or motives to what they write. If you read from someone that a player or coach is lacking, then step up to the plate and fortify your argument. Don't take every counter-opinion as an assault on your intellect of sensibilities. It's not like that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It's been pretty obvious that people have come here recently to get banned, so that they can talk or brag about it on another site. Guess what? You will not make it here, so without knowing what this place is really like, you will never know. Sad thing is that you probably would have liked it here.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMHO many of you don't know how good you have it here. The board I left which I still read but don't post on. Right now is going batsh!t crazy with fire everyone, kill them all and let God sort it out. Its nuts, attacking the team, the management, the owner, the waterboy and each other. If you have enough presence of mind to know something you may post is against the rules then just don't post it. That's just common sense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Forum has a lot of bells and whistles. Couldn't the relocation stuff be in a different view or folder? Pretty big news for the Rams, and being on the East Coast I appreciate reading about it. Please don't make me read SOKA. :sleep:
lol @ SOKA. The relocation stuff bores the hell out of me, but I can understand how people would like to keep up to date on it. The problem with that is, the discussions about that ALWAYS amount to one side losing their team and the other side getting them back. If all of this relocation talk was about them moving to Hawaii, then there wouldn't be any issues other than STL fans being anxious about the uncertainty of the situation. But when these stories are meant to pit fans and regions against each other, then nothing good ever comes from it. Ultimately someone is going to take a shot at the lack of support here ... or there. And then the fans of that region begin to get pissed. The solution to that is to read it about it on Google. It literally has never ended well on any forum when that topic comes up.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It would be fine if it was only discussion, but it's not. A perfect example is a new poster coming in right after the opening day disaster starting a thread about attendance in the dome. That if St. Louis doesn't start to support the team they will leave for L.A. That shit pisses me off, and I didn't respond, but if I did it wouldn't have been civil.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait - the Rams are moving to Hawaii?

Or am I just confused, yet again?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I don't see why relocation talk should be totally banned. It's relevant. Like any topic, I can't see justification for disallowing civil discussion on it.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I just addressed this, but I'll do it again using your example.

Is it hard to say, "Schotty is the most uncreative OC I've ever seen, and I wouldn't be heartbroken if he was canned."? As opposed to, "Schotty is complete crap and needs to be fired."? Because the issue is that everyone's opinion is gospel (you know, to them). So when you (or I, or anyone) states an opinion in absolutes while bashing the team, its coaches or the Organization, then you're putting people on the defensive. As PhxRam said a couple of days ago, I signed up with an account and was VERY critical of Bradford for the whole day and nobody was offended by anything I said. In fact, a few posters tried to give me examples of why I might be overreacting and laid out some very nice arguments FOR Bradford.

Now how much would you like to wager that you all would have 'inappropriated' me off the board if I came in swinging? What if I came in with that account and said things like, "Bradord sucks. Biggest bust ever. Can't take a hit, can't read defenses, pouts like a girl, can't move around, stares at receivers like there's no one else on the field, and is generally the biggest waste of money this Organization ever had the misfortune of drafting."? Those are the exact opinions I gave, but I used my words. I didn't use my emotions. I used my words.

All we're asking is that you discuss this team like you're discussing it WITH the team.
thats cool I can do that. also maybe you guys could start a permanent Vent thread for some of the more polarizing hot topics for ppl who want to rid themselves of their emotions. football is very emotional especially being a Rams fan so it is hard. I'm sorry I really don't mean to beat this to death and havent been around here long but there is still the debate of blocking an entire topic. someone mentioned Bradford in this sense. What happen's when the Bradford posts start coming in hot like the LA topic?

Ramathon

If I were cool, or 'hep', or whatever the appropriate terminology is these days, I'd say something cool or hep like....."I'm down with that."

Status
Not open for further replies.