Attention Members

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
As of today any article or thread posted on the Rams possibly moving to LA, London, Timbuktu, or anywhere else will be deleted. Why?

1) Because it leads to division and bad feelings among the members.
2) Because it serves no purpose due to the fact that everything written or said by anyone except Stan Kroenke is nothing but speculation.
3) There are other Rams forums that post those types of articles where fans can go to and fling mud at each other.

When the owner of the St. Louis Rams makes a decision on whether the team stays in St. Louis or moves elsewhere, then we will have something to discuss.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I really like this forum and I don't care to talk about relocation myself but I am a tad concerned with the uptake in censorship happening here.

Maybe it really does take this kind of action to keep a forum on a respectable level / but I would caution all mods that freedom of expression and having a diverse variety of opinions on Rams related topics - even if they sometimes get divisive - is a good thing.

And for those of you (or is it those of us) who have forced the mods hands by bringing immaturity and general bitchiness in here, shame shame we know your name.

beej

Rookie
As of today any article or thread posted on the Rams possibly moving to LA, London, Timbuktu, or anywhere else will be deleted. Why?

1) Because it leads to division and bad feelings among the members.
2) Because it serves no purpose due to the fact that everything written or said by anyone except Stan Kroenke is nothing but speculation.
3) There are other Rams forums that post those types of articles where fans can go to and fling mud at each other.

When the owner of the St. Louis Rams makes a decision on whether the team stays in St. Louis or moves elsewhere, then we will have something to discuss.
And that's why i visit THIS forum. Thank you

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I love this. I'm so sick an tired and of all the LA crap. It's like the Bradford debate. It will never get anywhere. As for the "over censoring", I think it's not so much that, but in order to keep something from going overboard you have to nip it in the bud right away. I like this idea.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I must have been trying to post on it wright when it was deleted, it wouldn't take my post. is that why?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Probably a good idea. Unless Stan buys another piece of land, which would probably be thread worthy.
We've got enough problems with the Rams without fighting over the location.

Alan

Legend
I'm OK with this too.

But...

I think Bulger throws a better deep ball than Warner. :whistle:

Last edited:

JTurner

I am a bit concerned about censorship as well. Sure it is your site and you can do what you wish but you will get a bad rap from other rams fans for this censorship. When you start going down that road where does it stop? So no one can then say anything "negative" about the rams? It must all be unicorns and fancy flowers and dreams of superbowl titles? C'mon man. There is a way to have these discussion without censorship. If people can not converse without attacking or getting personal that is one matter. Completely putting on blinders and practicing censorship is quite another. Just my 2 cents. Am I going to get banned now for stating my opinion?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I really like this forum and I don't care to talk about relocation myself but I am a tad concerned with the uptake in censorship happening here.

Maybe it really does take this kind of action to keep a forum on a respectable level / but I would caution all mods that freedom of expression and having a diverse variety of opinions on Rams related topics - even if they sometimes get divisive - is a good thing.

And for those of you (or is it those of us) who have forced the mods hands by bringing immaturity and general bitchiness in here, shame shame we know your name.
And I think that is exactly what is happening, and as a former mod of this site, it is not an easy job, at all. Some decisions are not popular, and not everything is black or white. This forum was built to be the anti Ramstalk, and meant to be an enjoyable forum that is not constantly spilling over with negativity. Some discussions are hot button topics, and can go bad real fast.

If people want an uncensored site, there are plenty out there. I prefer this place, because it's well moderated, and in a perfect world, the site moderates itself. I like to see news of the Rams, have rational discussion, and learn from the knowledge of some really smart football fans that inhabit this place. There are a lot of people in here now, and most of them fled from one forum or another, but the hopes are that after a short learning curve, that we can all be respectful of one another, and respectful of the one common thread between all of us, our unconditional love of the Rams.

I understand your moderation Prime, I don't really want to come to a site to see rampant negativity, and constant bitching. I can get that anywhere, LOL.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I am a bit concerned about censorship as well. Sure it is your site and you can do what you wish but you will get a bad rap from other rams fans for this censorship. When you start going down that road where does it stop? So no one can then say anything "negative" about the rams? It must all be unicorns and fancy flowers and dreams of superbowl titles? C'mon man. There is a way to have these discussion without censorship. If people can not converse without attacking or getting personal that is one matter. Completely putting on blinders and practicing censorship is quite another. Just my 2 cents. Am I going to get banned now for stating my opinion?
I would try to urge you to get a good feel for the site, before taking this stand. It's really not like that, and the beauty of this forum, is that it's not like anywhere else. If it's not for you, then there are other options. Hope you check it out for yourself first though, and not go by what you heard.

Alan

Legend
DR RAM thinking it's easy:
constant bitching. I can get that anywhere, LOL.
Easy for you to say Doc. If this keeps up, I'll only be able to get that at home. :(

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I must have been trying to post on it wright when it was deleted, it wouldn't take my post. is that why?

If an article is deleted while you are trying to post in it it wont accept it. If an article is moved to a different forum section while you are posting it won't accept is either unless you go to where the new location is, then you will be able to post in it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

We're here to talk about the Rams.

Not bad mouth them.

We're all fans of this team and want them to do well. Constant negative talk accomplishes nothing but create bad blood.

Criticism (when it's warranted) and disagreement is different, but nonetheless is welcome.

Oh, and I really don't care what "rap" I get. I will never shit on my team. 0-16 or 16-0.

Irish

Starter
I understand the spirit of the rule, and will respect it, but I don't agree with this.

I often look at the locations of many of the users on this forum, and it is a hodge podge of locales. Maryland, Vegas, Florida, California, Missouri, Texas, New York; the list goes on and on.

The team belongs to the fans first and foremost but the franchise, at least for the time being, belongs to the city of Saint Louis. A city that has been maligned by poor ownership, poor football, and poor spirits. We had a team stolen from us in the 80's only to turn around and steal a team ourselves; a team that, quite frankly, in many facets only came here to spite a fan base and a city (LA) that, whether through negligence or apathy, would not acquiesce to what the team and ownership at the time demanded.

Saint Louis professional football is an interesting cocktail, made of equal parts die hard enthusiasm for the game and sport in general (check the national TV ratings; whether it be Winter Classic Hockey Games, World Series Baseball Games when the Cardinals have already been eliminated, World Cup Soccer, and the out of market national NFL games), negativity and pessimism having been witness to almost 5 decades of mediocre, below average football if you combine the football Cardinals and the Rams, and paranoia that around every corner and bend of uncertainty, another charlatan can, at any moment, swoop in and tear our team out from under us. It is a bitter cocktail, that was sweetened for a few magnificent years, only to leave a slow, painful burn that threatens to burn even worse if the team leaves.

The point is, that if you want to run this forum as a football, product on Sundays and offseason talk, and only those things than that is fine. But there are 2 separate parts that make up the team and it's identity: The Blue and Gold Rams logo and the Saint Louis that defines its culture and its history, albeit a shorter one.

Some of you, hell most of you, can probably say that if the team moves from Saint Louis to the left coast or even to foggy London town or wherever, that your loyalties will never waver. I applaud and admire that trait. But it is easier to be objective when you are a fan of a team with no skin, relatively speaking, in the fight. Saint Louis Rams Fans, at least this one typing this ill fated rant, are not strong enough to handle losing a second team in as many decades.

In Maryland and Vegas and Flordia and California and Texas, the horns are all that matters, and wherever the pushpin falls is frankly irrelevant. To us Missourians, however, the scripted Saint Louis fills us with civic pride and honor. To know we are part of the unique fraternity of towns with NFL teams, and to know that on Sundays we share a unique bond with the Kansas Cities and the Chicagos of the world is to be validated, in a sense.

Again, I will respect the rule because I appreciate and value the forum and what it provides, but it is near impossible to ask many of those here to separate the product on Sundays with the heart ache and paranoia that the unknown represents to us as members of a community. I love this team as much as any in the world (except for, maybe, the Blues), but I love my city first, and for all of its short comings and warts and problems and tribulation, it is still my home and I am part of its community, and I will do anything to preserve its dignity and its identity.

V3

Hall of Fame
So even if there's news about the situation, like talks heating up between St. Louis and Kroenke or talks with the city of LA, no one can talk about it because it isn't, "When the owner of the St. Louis Rams makes a decision on whether the team stays in St. Louis or moves elsewhere". Sorry, don't agree.

RamzFanz

Damnit

It's not a change in rules. They just are being more vocal because of the titlewave of negativity and a lot of it by trolls who came for that purpose.

These have always been the three most important rules as I have known them:

No politics or religion and moving the team is considered politics.

No personal attacks on fellow members, the team, players, or coaches. A comment that contains an insult or whose only purpose is to slam a player, isn't allowed. This isn't about friendly joking. -X- is a douchebag is OK as long as you use a smiley. :) Seriously though, no personal attacks on ANYONE!

If all you have is negativity, cool off and come back when you have something constructive, find another team to follow, or go hang out at RamStalk.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Easy for you to say Doc. If this keeps up, I'll only be able to get that at home. :(
I can bitch at you via PM if you'd like Alan, just let me know if you're not getting enough;)

Status
Not open for further replies.